Windows 10: updates preventing my computer from shutting down

Discus and support updates preventing my computer from shutting down in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i keep getting this message. i have already disabled automatic updates through group policy editor. [img] 103389 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by misterdean, Jan 29, 2018.

1. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

i keep getting this message. i have already disabled automatic updates through group policy editor.

updates preventing my computer from shutting down [​IMG]

:)

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  2. kimaragon Win User

simple pass ( Finger print reader )

When I go to shut down computer, it doesn't shut down do to a error message : finger printer reader is open and is preventing computer from shutting down: I can click on shut down anyway or go back and try to close the program that is open. I open simple
    pass and close it again. go to shut down computer it still comes up with program open and preventing computer from shutting down correctly

kimaragon, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Reminders WinRT OOP Server - High CPU Usage

Since it prevents my computer from shutting down, it's not entirely harmless

Shoots from the hip, Jan 29, 2018
  4. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

With this batch script you can automatically close apps not responding at shutdown in windows. Please execute the batch script as a administrator.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  5. appreciate the tip but don't really want to run scripts floating around on the web.

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Your choice have nice day!

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  7. don't most scripts just make changes in regedit? can i just do that manually instead?

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  8. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

Why manually add the registry changes when batch script do it automatically for you. Only reason i have created this batch script so i would not have to explain step by step how to add those registry values manually. You can right click the batch script and click Edit to view its source code.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  9. I do not run scripts that are posted here or anywhere else unless Shawn posts them But he only posts reg files.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

updates preventing my computer from shutting down

1. updates preventing my computer from shutting down - Similar Threads - updates preventing computer

2. Shut Down of computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down of computer: Hi All, I have an intriguing problem when I shut down my computer. There are three accounts that use the computer and all of them have a sign in password. When shut down is selected bottom left on any of the accounts a message appears saying that SOMEONE ELSE IS STILL...
  3. My computer is shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is shutting down by itself: My PC shuts down by itself after being on 24 hours or so sometimes longer sometimes within a day. When I restart it it has to load META data and usually finishes up the POST and loads Windows. Any ideas? Or can anyone tell me where to find the error logs for windows and what...
  4. Computer shutting down

Computer shutting down: My computer loads up and allows me to login and after a couple of seconds, command prompt pops up and then my computer shuts down I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutting-down/f4b4f549-89cb-4357-8ba4-cd8245d7915c
  5. Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Shutting Down: Hello - can anyone help with this problem please? My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked; The load is usually...
  6. Computer shutting down after updates

Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  7. unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down

unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down: Windows 10 Professional 17134 For most of the time, I have this notice saying "the following programs are preventing system from shutting down", or some messages like that, when I try to shut down the system, and in the list, there is always a program with blank name and...
  8. Computer Shut-Down

Computer Shut-Down: Hello, Need some help. Since yesterday evening, left my computer ON. Sat in the living room to watch movie on the TV, when came back computer was Off. Usually after some period it was entering into hybernation, any touch on keyboard or mouse awakened it, but since then it...
  9. My computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer restarts instead of shutting down: When I press the power key, or when I click on power>shut down, Windows 10 reboots instead every time. Is this a known fault and if so is there an easy fix for it? 61314
  10. Shut down computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer: Hello, Yesterday before going to bed, I went to shut-down the computer as always, it takes about 20-30 seconds. On screen had the usual notice something like 'shuting-down..', screen went black and I left the room. Then before going to bed I checked again and see the light...