Windows 10: updates preventing my computer from shutting down

Discus and support updates preventing my computer from shutting down in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i keep getting this message. i have already disabled automatic updates through group policy editor. [img] 103389 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by misterdean, Jan 29, 2018.

1. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

i keep getting this message. i have already disabled automatic updates through group policy editor.

updates preventing my computer from shutting down [​IMG]

:)

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  2. kimaragon Win User

simple pass ( Finger print reader )

When I go to shut down computer, it doesn't shut down do to a error message : finger printer reader is open and is preventing computer from shutting down: I can click on shut down anyway or go back and try to close the program that is open. I open simple
    pass and close it again. go to shut down computer it still comes up with program open and preventing computer from shutting down correctly

kimaragon, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Reminders WinRT OOP Server - High CPU Usage

Since it prevents my computer from shutting down, it's not entirely harmless

Shoots from the hip, Jan 29, 2018
  4. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

With this batch script you can automatically close apps not responding at shutdown in windows. Please execute the batch script as a administrator.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  5. appreciate the tip but don't really want to run scripts floating around on the web.

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Your choice have nice day!

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  7. don't most scripts just make changes in regedit? can i just do that manually instead?

misterdean, Jan 29, 2018
  8. updates preventing my computer from shutting down

Why manually add the registry changes when batch script do it automatically for you. Only reason i have created this batch script so i would not have to explain step by step how to add those registry values manually. You can right click the batch script and click Edit to view its source code.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  9. I do not run scripts that are posted here or anywhere else unless Shawn posts them But he only posts reg files.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

updates preventing my computer from shutting down

1. updates preventing my computer from shutting down - Similar Threads - updates preventing computer

2. Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7: Hello,Description: Every night when I turn off my computer, an unnamed file prevents my computer from shutting down. I have tried everything I could to find the file. But since it is unnamed, the computer has no idea how to identify it. Note: In case you are wondering, I am...
  3. Windows 11 preventing computer from shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 preventing computer from shutting down: Is it only me or the new windows 11 update prevent your computer from shutting down. Whenever I click on shutdown the computer automatically restarts...
  4. Windows 11 preventing computer from shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 preventing computer from shutting down: Is it only me or the new windows 11 update prevent your computer from shutting down. Whenever I click on shutdown the computer automatically restarts...
  5. Floatform ? Preventing Me From Shutting Down Windows 10 and my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floatform ? Preventing Me From Shutting Down Windows 10 and my Computer: I can't find anything on Floatform other than a couple of "reddit" posts below. How can I find it...how can I get it off my computer?"I went to shut down my windows 10 and it said that an app called FloatForm is preventing it from shutting down. I cant find it anywhere even...
  6. App preventing my computer from shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App preventing my computer from shutting down: Hi,Sometimes when I shut down my computer, I will see a screen that says Program Manager is preventing my computer from shutting down even though I have closed all my programs. Does anyone know why this is happening?...
  7. Prevention from shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevention from shutting down the laptop: I recently faced an issue regarding the prevention of the laptop from shutting down it said 'task host window preventing the pc from shutting down and then says to go back and save anything which was not saved' so instead of cancelling and checking why was the issue occurring...
  8. The sound card prevent to computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sound card prevent to computer shut down: My computer sound card burned out and I bought a new separate sound card. It works fine but when I turn off the computer, the computer shuts down for 1 second and then turns on quickly. The computer turned off properly when I pulled out the sound card. Its company name is...
  9. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  10. Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down: So I have 2 programs in the autostart, Winamp and Chatty and before format Winamp used to prevent from shutting down, now after the format it's Chatty (I believe having them in autostart casuses the problem, maybe it's something different). Is there any solution? submitted...