Windows 10: Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!

Discus and support Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074683) - Fails to install!!! In deed I have windows 7 home premium and need to update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marioo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Marioo Win User

Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!

Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074683) - Fails to install!!!

In deed I have windows 7 home premium and need to update to windows 10 home but the above update failed and I could not update to windows 10 home. Please what to do in this specific case??? Thanks anyway!!!

:)

Marioo, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

downloading windows 10 continues to fail with many different error numbers usually beginning with ox8.......

That error code suggests that some Windows 8.1 updates have failed to install in present setup and that may well be blocking the Windows 10 Upgrade, i.e. All Windows Updates have to be installed prior to upgrading to Windows 10. First, check your Updates
    and see if any are repeatedly failing to install.

Erdeslawe, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Win 10 anniversary upgrade problem

Automatic update fails on 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607'

Update History shows repeated failed attempts to install the above.

Prior to that there were updates for Malicious Software removal Tool and Adobe Flash Player, both successful.

Prior to that was KB3210721 successfully installed.

Should I try 'Reset this PC' on the Recovery tab? Will this keep my installed software and data files?

Probabilityman, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Mansome Win User

Just download the media creation tool and upgrade that way. Its easier than trying to fix the whole update problem.

Mansome, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
Thema:

1. Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!! - Similar Threads - Updates prior update

2. windows 10 update fail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update fail.: Hi,My Daughters PC will not update. She just gets a message stating "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. 0x800f0845. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-fail/23be48a8-c2af-4a82-b630-a0b415c78d7f
  3. Windows 10 Updates failing to update.

Windows 10 Updates failing to update.: Hello, I have been dealing with a frustrating issue regarding 2 windows 10 updates for about 2-3 weeks now.My computer prompts me to update windows 10, and every time it updates, I get the following blue screen errors: Driver_PNP_WatchdogPower_Driver_State_FailureAs well as...
  4. how to preview an update prior to installing?

how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  5. Data to backup prior to feature update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data to backup prior to feature update?: Alright so, I'm actually pretty tech savvy. Yet I am unfamiliar with enough to know the answer to this... Essentially, I want to back everything up as I'm currently on 1709 (Educational, so support ended in October) and am getting ready for the 20H2 update. Now, my laptop, as...
  6. Windows 10 update failed

Windows 10 update failed: following a failed update my laptop has been looping for 15 hours showing "undoing changes made to your computer....." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failed/d031d2f1-8115-40cf-b8b1-a37ed7d7c79e
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE FAILED!

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE FAILED!: OWS 10 UPDATE ASSISTANT FIRST DOWLOADS THE DATA THEN VERIFIED IT AND AGAIN SHOWING DOWNLOADING. HOW TO FIX ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failed/898ae183-d2b2-4823-aaa3-432cfce160e4
  8. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE: HEY THERE, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP! SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT ACTIVATED" AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.....
  9. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update: Hi All Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install, Including a system image of the system after the clean install, Thinking may do one more clean up prior to Anniversary update then just update to it, and all is good Avast is used for Antivirus protection right now,...
  10. Windows 10 fails to update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fails to update: Each time I boot up my PC it tries (but fails) to install two updates; (1) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163207) with Error code 0x8007371b and (2) Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based...