Windows 10: Updates running for over an hour

Discus and support Updates running for over an hour in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I booted my other laptop which I have not used for two months and checked for updates. It immediately started downloading updates and, I assume,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tony Vella, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Updates running for over an hour

I booted my other laptop which I have not used for two months and checked for updates. It immediately started downloading updates and, I assume, installing them. It has been running for over an hour and the h/d light is still blinking steadily, so something is still going on. Is this normal? Over an hour? What happens if I get fed up and turn the machine off? TIA.

:)

Tony Vella, Jul 1, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates running for over an hour :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 1, 2018
  4. niko084 Win User

Updates running for over an hour

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

Updates running for over an hour

1. Updates running for over an hour - Similar Threads - Updates running hour

2. KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?: I had to factory restore my PC and all the other updates have installed but KB5031358 has been on 91% for over an hour now.How long should I leave it?Can I restart the device as Windows Update is telling me to? I’m not sure if I should with this update not installed.Some...
  3. KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?: I had to factory restore my PC and all the other updates have installed but KB5031358 has been on 91% for over an hour now.How long should I leave it?Can I restart the device as Windows Update is telling me to? I’m not sure if I should with this update not installed.Some...
  4. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours: Hi, I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the update was at 30%. It has remained on this for the last 12 hours. Do I just let it continue and see if the update finishes or...
  5. updates run on for hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    updates run on for hours: updates run for hours and hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-run-on-for-hours/6377e752-ac8c-4a5e-99e9-132104d30e99
  6. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours: I started my update yesterday around 1:30 and by 3:30 I was at 91% and hasn’t moved from that point. The screen reads “Working on updates 91% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while”. It sure has been a while, it shouldn’t take this long. Please help!...
  7. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  8. Microsoft update h been running for over 24 hours

Microsoft update h been running for over 24 hours: The new update has been running for over 24 hours now and remains stuck at 81% for over 7. I need my computer for work and feel like i am being held hostage! What can i do to get rid of this?...
  9. I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.: I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours....
  10. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...