Windows 10: updates, sfc, and corrupt files

Discus and support updates, sfc, and corrupt files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After almost every update, if I run sfc it reports corrupt files. Sometimes it cures them, sometimes I have to run dism, and this time neither work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bobfrost, Jan 14, 2016.

1. bobfrost Win User

updates, sfc, and corrupt files

After almost every update, if I run sfc it reports corrupt files. Sometimes it cures them, sometimes I have to run dism, and this time neither work.

Why are updates corrupting system files?

Bob Frost

:)

bobfrost, Jan 14, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

Corrupted SFC files

If you have antivirus and/or antimalware installed, then remove or disable them and try again.

First restart your PC.

Hope this helps.

suat.cini, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Dr.Sponge Win User
    Corrupted SFC files

Didn't help

Dr.Sponge, Jan 14, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Do your checking before updating to see if you have corrupt system files, then they wont be carried forward.

dencal, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

1. updates, sfc, and corrupt files - Similar Threads - updates sfc corrupt

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  5. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  6. SFC failed to repair corrupted file

SFC failed to repair corrupted file: Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and...
  7. SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log

SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log: Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed except for 2 and was wondering if anyone here knows how to read and make fixes to the CBS.log, thanks 20878
  8. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866
  9. SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log ?

SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log ?: Can someone please help...my sfc command says it can't fix some files...but I don't know what files or how to fix them...looked at CBS.log but doesn't mean much to me. Tried to attach CBS log but am getting this error: CBS.log: Your file of 9.00 MB bytes exceeds the...
  10. SFC Corrupt Files

SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170