Windows 10: Updates taking forever

Discus and support Updates taking forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Total, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Total Win User

Updates taking forever

With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ?
    Updates taking forever [​IMG]
    What updates do you think it is snagging ?

:)

Total, Aug 3, 2015

2. GETTING UPDATES TAKING FOREVER?

Thank you I have sorted it out.

JAXGREENWOOD SMITH, Aug 3, 2015
  3. GETTING UPDATES TAKING FOREVER?

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is sorted.

If you have any other question then post it here in the forum and the community would be happy to help you.

Vinod Archak, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Updates taking forever

I think the Microsoft servers are overloaded and all downloads from them are very slow.

I used the MediaCreationTool on the 29th to download a Win 10 Pro X64 iso, in maybe 20 minutes.
    I'm doing it again now for the 32 bit just because I want to and it's at 11% and has been running for two hours so far.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Updates taking forever

1. Updates taking forever - Similar Threads - Updates taking forever

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  6. Checking for updates takes forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates takes forever: It actually does not check for updates in Windows 10, why? 148176
  7. Windows Update takes forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  8. photo update taking forever

photo update taking forever: Been trying to open a photo. Keep getting a pop up that says: "Give us a minute were are updating photos. It should be ready to use shortly." That was hours ago. Help!!...
  9. All updates taking forever.

All updates taking forever.: I just got my brand-new gaming PC the other day, and it's great! It's the very first Windows 10 computer that I have ever had. I started downloading things I wanted on my computer, 1 at a time, but I noticed that it was downloading very, very slowly. I am most positive that...
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...