Windows 10: Updates that just cause more problems

Discus and support Updates that just cause more problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an automatic update to my laptop yesterday morning, i was left with an expensive paperweight. For the third time this year, i will have to pay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathieProvost, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Updates that just cause more problems

After an automatic update to my laptop yesterday morning, i was left with an expensive paperweight. For the third time this year, i will have to pay someone a lot of money to fix it again. Since i am a single mother of a severely disabled child, that means it will be quite a while before I will be able to use it again. Needless to say, I am not happy. This time, everything was wiped clean. Not only do I not have internet capabilities, like the previous update, this time i have absolutely nothing. No windows, not internet, no access to anything and no money left to pay to get it fixed. Thanks for even more disappointment!

:)

KathieProvost, Jul 29, 2018

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jul 29, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 29, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates that just cause more problems

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates that just cause more problems :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Updates that just cause more problems

1. Updates that just cause more problems - Similar Threads - Updates cause more

2. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  3. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  4. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. update causes serious problems

update causes serious problems: After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery" - i can not send mails - some icons in the taskbar are disappeared,...
  6. Updates caused my problem????

Updates caused my problem????: I have a RCA Cambio W101 V2 tablet with Windows 10. Tablet worked great....Until These last few updates. Now tablet does not charge. Only charges when it is shut down. I have no Idea what was installed, but definitely IS the cause of my problem. Any ideas out there....
  7. Why let windows 10 update if it causes so many more problems?

Why let windows 10 update if it causes so many more problems?: I'm really worried that if I let win 10 update it will just cause more problems than it might help. I just had to use a RESTORE POINT TO GET MY DESKTOP BACK . I am not happy with the changes in what things are referred to as something less appropriate than all other terms,...
  8. Update causes problems

Update causes problems: Twice the windows button in the lefthand corner of the taskbar has stopped working after an update. I have fixed the problem by undoing the update but the system keeps on wanting to try again. How can I stop it? *** moved to englisch Community ***...
  9. Update will not load and is causing problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update will not load and is causing problems: My Windows 10 computer has been running 10 for over a year now. Updates have always worked. This week a "large" update has tried to load every time I'm on line. This bogs down the computer and is causing problems on some web sites. I keep getting the same error " We couldn't...
  10. New Update Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    New Update Causing Problems: That newest big update a couple of days ago- the one where your computer restarted a few times- well, since then I've been having glitches. My Google Chrome is slow to start, switch pages, etc. It didn't do this before. It's self-updating so I'm sure I have the latest...