Windows 10: Updates... Then forcefully restart

Discus and support Updates... Then forcefully restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pal, Sep 11, 2015.

1. PAL
    pal Win User

Updates... Then forcefully restart

Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally?

I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior. Otherwise I will leave Windows.

:)

2. Windows 10 restarts forcefully to install updates

So last night I was doing some important work and luckily saved it while doing the work. I needed that file urgently but my PC decides to restart automatically just to install some updates that take ages to install. I tried aborting the install by holding
    the power button and shutting it down completely. It has happened earlier as well and is a pain.

Is there a way I could just stop the forceful updates and install them whenever I have the time (and patience) to install them.

I really like Windows but Windows 10 is just too annoying and slow at startup as well, even though many of the useless softwares that hog up memory have been disabled so that they don't slow down the overall performance. Suggest me something regarding this
    issue.

Viraj Madaan, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    lumia 900 stuck checking for update when trying to download 7.8

Restart your computer, forcefully if needed.

Entegy, Sep 11, 2015
  4. blaze007 Win User

since windows xp if you keep delaying the restart after installing windows updates eventually there will be a force restart.

blaze007, Sep 11, 2015
  5. PAL
    pal Win User
    I disabled every such "feature" in xp. I used xp for a decade without ever having such a restart. The same goes for Windows 7.

6. blaze007 Win User
    did u disable it in 10 also?

All I'm say is that this isn't something new MS is forcing on you, like your post is making it seem.

blaze007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates... Then forcefully restart - Similar Threads - Updates forcefully restart

2. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  3. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  4. netsh.exe and force restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    netsh.exe and force restart: Hi guys i need help. There's a sign said that my pc is going to get restart in 5 min and after restarting there's a cmd that pop up on my screen that said system32/netsh.exe. Guys is this a virus? or a bug? and i also tried virus scan malwarebytes,avast protection .And also...
  5. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts: Greetings, It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion. As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live performances that make use of my Windows computer. I'd like to know how to disable these forced restarts. It is my...
  6. Sudden forced Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden forced Restart: My computer certainly restarts and shows this message if I use it for long period of time continuously watching movies on VLC Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-forced-restart/c0c41815-3597-44cd-a110-251d981e6ed1
  7. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  8. Forced restart after an update.

Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  9. Windows update forced restart

Windows update forced restart: Hi, Today my computer forced restarted in order to install new updates. Until now I have to accept updates when I restarted the PC, now - forcing the restart was absolutely unprofessional. I had unsaved documents and other opened applications. Please don't use forced...
  10. Force restart

Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...