Windows 10: Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Discus and support Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Updated July 6, 2015 12:17 pm - Windows 10 was built to offer a familiar and secure experience, with unmatched productivity offerings and more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Source: Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Jul 6, 2015
  2. EMINENT Win User

Can't wait. The dark theme already looks great and looking forward to accent colors reaching all core apps.

They need to go full out with a family pricing tier to match or beat Apple music and offer at least the same or better streaming quality.

:)

EMINENT, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Ashish Sondhi, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Windows Phone Entertainment

The following points will be relevant for Windows Phone User base in India.

I would like to ask Microsoft using this forum the below queries :

• Xbox Music and Video : There isn't any Xbox Music or Video service in India at present, what is your opinion it. When are you people planning to bring it to a country like India
    • MixRadio : MixRadio coupons are not available for the past few months. What is the furture of MixRadio in India? If you are planning to continue with it, how can users recharge their coupon ?
    • Docking Station/Speaker : There is not hardware manufacturer in the Docking Station field who are manufacturing Docking Station compatible with Windows Phone like those available for the Apple Users like JBL, Bose etc.(at least not in India). What is your
      take on it? Are we Nokia/Windows Phone lovers going to be deprived of those accessories in future as well? I know that its up to the manufactures to do it. But what is Microsoft doing to encourage them on it.
    • Nokia Reading : There hasn't been any Nokia Reading App for Windows Phone users in India as far as I am aware. At least not for current version. What is the plan for a e-reading platform for Windows Phone users ?
    I am not looking for way around or temporary solutions like changing the region or something like that. So kindly don't advice such solutions as I am already aware of those temporary fixes.

ParthaSDas, Jul 6, 2015
  5. Full article
    http://www.windowscentral.com/good-b...-tv-windows-10

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    First "Edge", now "Groove" - what's next - "Hole in the Middle"?

Fafhrd, Jul 6, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Changes. . .sure seems to confuse some folks doesn't it. . .*Smile

8. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

not really bothered about the name, but I would like to see them add some features to the desktop app

ratings and smart playlists would be very welcome additions

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  9. I find the name silly. If you're changing the name of XBox Video to Movies & TV why not change XBox Music to, I dunno, Music? Damn marketing people. *Tongue

thunderclap, Jul 6, 2015
  10. They did that a short while back, this is another change, on my phone and Win 8.1 its just called 'Music' and other one is just 'Video'
    I give it till xmas and it will have another name

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  11. I hope the iOS XBox Music app (will that be renamed, too?) gets an overhaul. I'd like to give it a try and maybe move to it exclusively, but the idea you can't scrub through music is a huge turnoff.

thunderclap, Jul 6, 2015
  12. not sure on the iOS part, Apple might not like it renamed to just 'Music'

Overall with the music pass it is not a bad system, works well across all devices, just the apps are a bit basic, which I don't mind on a phone/tablet but would like to see more on desktop
    as its now one app for all ms devices, cant see anything changing

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  13. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Oops, didn't see this topic when I posted earlier *Sad, thanks for merging it in

With the video apps prior to Win 10 you are only allowed 5 downloads of an item, then it is streaming only, I recall reading somewhere that in 10 this has changed to unlimited downloads, anyone remember where this has been mentioned, been looking but cannot find it

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    LOL I wouldn't trade my Google Play for this any day. In the first place, I uploaded my personal music to Google storage (50 GB worth) and can access it from anything, anywhere any time I want. Plus, I can listen to an unending amount of music and it is free. I can upload up to 20,000 songs free (have 11,000 now), only then for $9.99 I can expand it to unlimited storage. I seriously doubt Microsoft will grant me 50GB of OneDrive storage free.

Plus, is this only accessible through a windows machine? What good is that? I guess it will work for some, I am pretty happy right where I am at.

Trust_No1, Jul 6, 2015
  15. Windows, iOS, Android, Web

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

1. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updates Entertainment

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  6. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  7. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  8. Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1: I can’t install the 22H2 update on my windows 10. I already tried trouble shooting but with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error-0x800700c1/ef401fe1-2c58-4f85-ad59-90fc3d69b35d
  9. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  10. Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1

Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1: I can’t install the 22H2 update on my windows 10. I already tried trouble shooting but with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error-0x800700c1/ef401fe1-2c58-4f85-ad59-90fc3d69b35d