Windows 10: updates vanished

Discus and support updates vanished in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Well this is a super weird one. I started to experiment with sleep mode by manually putting PC in sleep mode. I only did this if I was leaving the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Plankton, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

updates vanished

Well this is a super weird one. I started to experiment with sleep mode by manually putting PC in sleep mode. I only did this if I was leaving the PC for more than 30 minutes and only started this yesterday around 3pm. All was well until I went to bed last night (it was late). I get up this morning and tap mouse to wake PC. It went to the lock screen with no issues, then it just sat there for 2 - 3 minutes until the input bar finally appeared. Then it took about a 1 minute before I could input password. PC finally booted up then I got the dreaded BSOD.

This BSOD error: faulty hardware corrupted page
    I've had no hardware changes and no drivers installs or updates. Now here's the really weird part.....all my MS updates have vanished....gone, just disappeared. Under update history.....there is nothing. ATM, everything seems to working, that I can tell. Can anybody shed some light on this for me.

:)

Plankton, Oct 16, 2017

2. Update & Security disappears

After attempting to remove a stubborn McAfee product, I now find that in "settings," the "Update & Security" tab is visible for only a few seconds and then vanishes! The other tabs are fine.

Original title: Vanishing screen

BevSlaughter, Oct 16, 2017
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    No More Notifications For Windows 10 Upgrade

Looking forward to Windows 10 upgrade.

I have reserved my copy.

But, at first there was a notification in my taskbar notification area about the upgrade.

That has now vanished.

'Then I was getting the notification in Widows Update, now that's vanished

Is this normal??

James

JamesJoey, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

updates vanished

Probably not the cause here, but some of the previous cumulative updates had a 'Known issue' that they cleared the Update history.

Cumulative Update KB4034658 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1593

That workaround should work for you too.

Thema:

updates vanished

1. updates vanished - Similar Threads - updates vanished

2. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.: Yesterday I updated my laptop from the windows update option. There were a lot of updates pending. So I allowed for all the updates to download and install. After sometime, I think after maybe the last update was installed, my laptop suddenly hangs and goes into the blue...
  3. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.: Yesterday I updated my laptop from the windows update option. There were a lot of updates pending. So I allowed for all the updates to download and install. After sometime, I think after maybe the last update was installed, my laptop suddenly hangs and goes into the blue...
  4. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth get vanish from system after some time in windows 11 after updating to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth get vanish from system after some time in windows 11 after updating to...: After a new update in Windows 11 latest version either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth options are getting vanish again and again. They come back only if I do a full capacitor flush shut down and then start again. Can you help me with this as nothing else works other than that? Even you...
  6. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth get vanish from system after some time in windows 11 after updating to...

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth get vanish from system after some time in windows 11 after updating to...: After a new update in Windows 11 latest version either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth options are getting vanish again and again. They come back only if I do a full capacitor flush shut down and then start again. Can you help me with this as nothing else works other than that? Even you...
  7. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  8. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  9. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

10. "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished: "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished ..Dispite the fact that so many MS articles keep on reffering to wushowhide.diagcab file, and prompt you to download ...https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/Search/results?query=wushowhide.diagcabfor...