Windows 10: Updates

Discus and support Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have always have my system set to just notify me of updates, but do not automatically download them. Maybe this has not been a good idea and I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frank1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

Updates

I have always have my system set to just notify me of updates, but do not automatically download them. Maybe this has not been a good idea and I should set it to automatically download them. *Confused What are some thoughts on that? Thanks ~Frank~

:)

Frank1, Dec 17, 2014

2. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

• I told her to finish all the **** my boss told me to do on the computer. Just like in Star Trek.
    • I fell over a few times being total in intoxicated from my short lunch.
    • Not anymore. I through the machine out the window.

Updates Bite, Dec 17, 2014
  3. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

I told Cortana to finish all my work as I was going to the local pub for lunch. When I returned 5 hours later, the work was not done at all. What gives?

Updates Bite, Dec 17, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Updates

Hey Frank,

I think you have it right with it set to notify you of available updates instead of just letting them automatically be installed. Especially since the last few rounds of updates had some bad issues with them. It would be smart to wait and see what the fallout is like after Patch Tuesdays before installing them yourself. *Smile

Brink, Dec 17, 2014
  5. Geneo Win User
    Best to have a full backup before Tuesday or before other major patches. Then if there are any issues, it is easy and fairly quick to roll back. Don't put your trust in system restore.

Geneo, Dec 17, 2014
  6. I have mine set to notify -- by default. And what with the recent serious bugs in the WUs, am now doing an image backup prior to installing WUs. That saved me recently when a bunch of WUs trashed my machine.

Mark Phelps, Dec 17, 2014
  7. wptski Win User
    I've had Windows image fail for me as well as a system restore point under W7. I restored a system point using a Recovery flash drive under W10TP which "might" be a better route to take since it's from WinRE.

I also use Paragon HDM15S as well for added security.

wptski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates

1. Updates - Similar Threads - Updates

2. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  3. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  4. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  5. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  6. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  8. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  9. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...
  10. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...