Windows 10: Updates

Discus and support Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I use my W10 PC sparingly. It is off most of the time so the PC has little time to auto update. Please suggest a way for me to determine of auto update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lpatrick, Nov 24, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Updates

I use my W10 PC sparingly. It is off most of the time so the PC has little time to auto update. Please suggest a way for me to determine of auto update is actually working?

:)

lpatrick, Nov 24, 2017

2. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

• I told her to finish all the **** my boss told me to do on the computer. Just like in Star Trek.
    • I fell over a few times being total in intoxicated from my short lunch.
    • Not anymore. I through the machine out the window.

Updates Bite, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

I told Cortana to finish all my work as I was going to the local pub for lunch. When I returned 5 hours later, the work was not done at all. What gives?

Updates Bite, Nov 24, 2017
  4. Updates

Hi,
    First you'd have to actually turn it on
    The go to settings and updates and manually check for updates.

If it say no updates then you should be okay.
    Review history for the last update installed.

ThrashZone, Nov 24, 2017
  5. lpatrick Win User
    Thanks for the reply. It has become very obvious that not all updates are documents/shown. For instance, there were two Defender updates tonight but are not shown. After turning on the PC I do exactly as you said.

lpatrick, Nov 24, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Defender definition updates are not shown in Update History because they are so frequent the list would be too long to be readable. The Defender updates would so many you'd have trouble spotting the other updates amongst them, presumably for that reason Microsoft chose not to include them in Update History.

You can see the Defender definitions updates in Reliability History.

View Reliability History in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates

1. Updates - Similar Threads - Updates

2. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  5. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  7. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  8. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  9. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  10. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade