Windows 10: Updating BIOS and activation

Discus and support Updating BIOS and activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. A quick question. I purchased my Win10 license using the Windows Store. I don't even know the key. What would happen if I want to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eLPuSHeR, Jun 7, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Updating BIOS and activation

Hello.

A quick question. I purchased my Win10 license using the Windows Store. I don't even know the key.

What would happen if I want to update my BIOS. What is the best way (and painless one) to proceed?

Thanks.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Svalkash Win User

After updating the BIOS activation of Windows 10 disappeared

Svalkash, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Svalkash Win User
    After updating the BIOS activation of Windows 10 disappeared

Problem is solved.

Svalkash, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Updating your bios will not affect activation.
    You have digital entitlement from the Store which uses the generic key only. Even if you had a key embedded in the bios - that area is read-only and does not get overwritten with a bios update.

Superfly, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Updating BIOS and activation - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS activation

2. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  3. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  4. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  5. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  6. Windows activation after bios update

Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  7. Activation issue after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue after updating BIOS: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  8. BIOS and Activation

BIOS and Activation: Split from this thread. Hi, The product key is written permanently in the BIOS. So you should not need it. NeoSmart - OEM Product Key Tool https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/ ShowKeyPlus - Current key and If upgraded from Windows 7 or...
  9. Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!

Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!: I had issue with my USB Via 3.0 not working so I upgraded the bios to the latest version which has fixed the problem... ( Windows was activated but now I am now having a problem with activation.......... Error code: 0xC004C003 What can I do? 12329
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...