Windows 10: Updating BIOS and activation

Discus and support Updating BIOS and activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. A quick question. I purchased my Win10 license using the Windows Store. I don't even know the key. What would happen if I want to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eLPuSHeR, Jun 7, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Updating BIOS and activation

Hello.

A quick question. I purchased my Win10 license using the Windows Store. I don't even know the key.

What would happen if I want to update my BIOS. What is the best way (and painless one) to proceed?

Thanks.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Svalkash Win User

After updating the BIOS activation of Windows 10 disappeared

Svalkash, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Svalkash Win User
    After updating the BIOS activation of Windows 10 disappeared

Problem is solved.

Svalkash, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Updating your bios will not affect activation.
    You have digital entitlement from the Store which uses the generic key only. Even if you had a key embedded in the bios - that area is read-only and does not get overwritten with a bios update.

Superfly, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Updating BIOS and activation - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS activation

2. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  3. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  4. BIOS and Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    BIOS and Activation: Split from this thread. Hi, The product key is written permanently in the BIOS. So you should not need it. NeoSmart - OEM Product Key Tool https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/ ShowKeyPlus - Current key and If upgraded from Windows 7 or...
  5. bios update

bios update: Where can I get bios update for compaq cq60-650dx with celeron cpu 900@ 2.20 ghz, 2194 mhz. Been having issues since the upgrade to windows 10 and I cannot find anything on the hp website or intel website....
  6. Updates Flashing the BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates Flashing the BIOS: Yes it was Microsoft Windows turned my laptop on this morning it immediately went to the install updates only options I had was install and restart or install and shut down so restarted and the pc immediately flashed the BIOS and now will not boot into windows...
  7. Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!: I had issue with my USB Via 3.0 not working so I upgraded the bios to the latest version which has fixed the problem... ( Windows was activated but now I am now having a problem with activation.......... Error code: 0xC004C003 What can I do? 12329
  8. Bios Update

Bios Update: Product Name: HP Pavilion Slimline s5650uk Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) i need a bios for h-ig41-uatx rev 1.1 by AMI. thanks. if you need more info please tell me. 49631
  9. Bios Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios Update?: I was reading a PC magazine today and noticed it mentioned that a bios update was available for W10. My computer is running well right now. Is there any reason I should update bios? Thanks. 83617
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...