Windows 10: Updating Drivers

Discus and support Updating Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do I need to "update" drivers? I see "partners" of windows saying I have 15 out dated drivers that need updating and I should install their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by songbirdfoy, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Updating Drivers

Do I need to "update" drivers? I see "partners" of windows saying I have 15 out dated drivers that need updating and I should install their software..or whatever it is..to update. Obviously I'm a newby at all this. Should I? And if not..is there some other action I should be taking? *sarc TYIA

:)

songbirdfoy, Jun 10, 2016

2. Updating Graphics Drivers

Working with Visual Studio 2013, and using Graphics Objects I am getting errors like "object in use elsewhere". Somebody said that this is also a graphics driver issue. However under display adapter I don't see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" so I am
    assuming that I have a an updated driver. Is that true?

Peter Goossens, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Updating Graphics Drivers

Recently I installed Windows 10 which, in general, I find a great improvement on Windows 7. However, my PC is not a very powerful one; most notably it uses integrated graphics. This means I can't launch many applications that I could launch under Windows
    7. After looking up the issues and crash logs, I was told by multiple sources to update my graphics drivers as Windows 10 resets them. This didn't help at all.

How could I go about being able to actually launch some games and programs that are more graphics intensive?

Computer Specs:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Inspiron 560

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual Core-CPU E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Graphics (form DirectX Diagnostics Tool): Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family

Thank you in advance.

Bálint_Sido, Jun 10, 2016
  4. Updating Drivers

If you do not have it installed yet, I wonder, how it can tell, you have outdated drivers, sounds like a scam.
    Even if you use a software for checking drivers, it is better to find the download yourself from a trusted source.

TairikuOkami, Jun 10, 2016
  5. DooGie Win User
    I totally agree with TairikuOkami.

songbirdfoy What app is telling you that your drivers need updating? When are you seeing this message?

DooGie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updating Drivers

1. Updating Drivers - Similar Threads - Updating Drivers

2. After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...: After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-windows-11-update-on-hp-envy-360m-my/aea81d5b-c9e7-47f1-90a9-fdfc8f1db27f
  3. After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...: After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-windows-11-update-on-hp-envy-360m-my/aea81d5b-c9e7-47f1-90a9-fdfc8f1db27f
  4. is driver updates for windows 11 free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is driver updates for windows 11 free: is up dates for drivers windows 11 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-driver-updates-for-windows-11-free/72f673d3-618a-47f9-b95a-da75cde69859
  5. is driver updates for windows 11 free

is driver updates for windows 11 free: is up dates for drivers windows 11 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-driver-updates-for-windows-11-free/72f673d3-618a-47f9-b95a-da75cde69859
  6. why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.: i tried to download and update my drivers and i keep getting and error for that says at the top "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and the body says Debug Assertion Failed! Program:Blah BlahLine95Expression:false...
  7. why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.

why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.: i tried to download and update my drivers and i keep getting and error for that says at the top "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and the body says Debug Assertion Failed! Program:Blah BlahLine95Expression:false...
  8. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  9. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  10. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...