Windows 10: Updating mobile Graphic card

Discus and support Updating mobile Graphic card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Nvidia has released the 1xxx cards for both mobile systems and desktop. Q: is there a location on the internet that sells laptop graphics cards for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kracken, Nov 21, 2016.

1. kracken Win User

Updating mobile Graphic card

Nvidia has released the 1xxx cards for both mobile systems and desktop.

Q: is there a location on the internet that sells laptop graphics cards for gaming laptops?*Wink

I'm looking minimum a 1060 but would prefer a 1070 or 1080.

But it's time for me to upgrade and I want nothing less than a 1xxx series.

Q: I noticed that Netflix was stated in a news thread at the fine folks at neowin.net to say Microsoft edges browser is the only browser to support 4k video streams. Does the 1xxx cards (I'm guessing yes for the time being), support 4K

Regards,

:)

kracken, Nov 21, 2016

2. How to upgrade DirectX on Windows 10

Yes I also think so.

My graphics card is ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series (as it shows in the amd catalyst software).

But on my laptop there is a sticker or label that reads "ATI Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics, supports microsoft directx 11".

That's why i wonder why the directx version is not being updated.

KumarAadarsh, Nov 21, 2016
  3. OpenGL error in Windows 10

Hi.

I have a problem... When i try to play GrowTopia or MineCraft, it says, to update my OpenGL drivers. I have Windows 10. My graphic card is a chipset : Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X3100. What I have to do to solve this problem? Maybe the OpenGL
    isn't supported to this graphic card on Windows 10 or what? On Windows 7 it was working perfect. Please help!

DovydasNeliubšis, Nov 21, 2016
  4. kracken Win User

before I forget: I realize the mobile cards have a lower powered core(s).

kracken, Nov 21, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    The only swappable graphics card format for laptops that I am aware of is MXM.

Mobile PCI Express Module - Wikipedia

I believe that most laptops have their graphic controllers built in to the motherboard, even if they are discrete. (Corrections are welcome.) Such systems would be impractical to upgrade. (Maybe not impossible, but no one would do it.)

bobkn, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    The quick and dirty answer is probably not. Very few laptops have a removable GPU, and those that do must be upgraded with manufacturer specific cards. Then on the off chance you have one that is able to be upgraded, it isn't feasible to do so. A 980m alone right now is almost $1,000. That is basically a brand new laptop. I just bought my MSI GE72VR Apache Pro (i7-6700hq, 6 GB GTX 1060, 32 GB DDR4, 512 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD) for about $1,500. The lower end models that still had the 1060 but less RAM/smaller or no SSD etc were i think like $1,100-1,300, and with black friday around the corner you might be able to do better than that. That being said, I can safely say you would be better off just buying a new laptop than upgrading the GPU of an older laptop.

Carsomyr, Nov 21, 2016
  7. kracken Win User
    Ok, I failed to mention, sorry for that, but this is a discrete card sitting on a PCI-E 16 channel or however it is called. so I should literally be able to disconnect the card from the PCI-E interface and plug in a new one. (in theory)

thanks guys

kracken, Nov 21, 2016
  8. Carsomyr Win User

Let's start with the model of the computer we are talking about and go from there *Wink That would help us all make an informed conclusion about your options.

Carsomyr, Nov 21, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    I think that it would use a PCI-E interface even if it was hardwired to the motherboard.

I second post #6: what's your exact model?

However, even if it has a compatible MXM slot, you may have difficulty finding a card. Particularly if you want a 10 series one. I think that ones I see on eBay are removed from equipment, and the latest I see is a 980m. The pickings are slimmer at newegg.com.

I recommend not wasting a lot of time and money on this.

bobkn, Nov 21, 2016
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    I did a little peeking around, essentially any Clevo model has a interchangeable GPU, the vast majority of MSI models do, a lot of Alienware models do, the rest are hit and miss. Toshiba is at the bottom of the list and uses its own proprietary garbage. So If the laptop in question is your Toshiba OP, you mine as well quit now *Tongue Or hope to god you find one from a Toshiba and pray. Both that you find one and it doesn't cost as much as a new laptop.

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating mobile Graphic card - Similar Threads - Updating mobile Graphic

2. Graphics card Driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card Driver update: Hello, I wanted to update the driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I headed over to intel's website and downloaded the update and installed, then i was asked to restart so i restarted. After restarting the same installation window popped up and the repeated the same...
  3. Graphics Card Auto Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Auto Update: Hi, I have had an issue using a blueprint software on my CPU since there was an automatic Windows download for my graphics card. Blueprint company suggested I revert to old graphics card setting can you provide a new update to my system? Graphics Card Info: Intel R HD...
  4. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  5. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  6. Graphic card update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card update: I am a photographer and use Lightroom Classic.I am having a lot of trouble in the development module post processing my images.I contacted Adobe and was told that my graphic card needed updating whatever that means.Could someone ,anyone please help me....
  7. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  8. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  9. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...
  10. Graphics Card Updating Problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Updating Problems: I updated my AMD Radeon R9 360 graphics card and decided to update all of my brothers pc's aswell, as they both have the same computer (Predator G3). While updated one of their pc's, the screen went black and said No Signal, being the idiot I am I decided that I should force...