Windows 10: Updating Offline Computers

Discus and support Updating Offline Computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I have 3 of the same computer systems can I update them from files I get from online computer? Can I just copy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Dec 28, 2017.

1. zplugger Win User

Updating Offline Computers

If I have 3 of the same computer systems can I update them from files I get from online computer? Can I just copy the Windows/SoftwareDisribution/download/ folder to the other two? if so do I need to copy anything else. Running on a metered connection makes it hard to keep all updated.*Eek

:)

zplugger, Dec 28, 2017
  2. Swapna S Win User

Computer offline

Hi Hughes,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with your computer as you are unable to login.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions.

• Did you make any hardware or software changes to your computer?

• From when you are facing this issue?
    This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupted.

I suggest you to perform Automatic Repair/Startup repair in Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Automatic Repair scans your computer for the problem and then
    tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly. Download a Windows 10 ISO in DVD or USB using media creation tool.

Download Windows 10

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or USB, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

• Click advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Select Automatic repair.
    Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with your computer as you are unable to login.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Dec 28, 2017
  3. Computer offline

Wifes computer says it is offline as soon as you turn it on. Will not accept her password to turn on- stays on welcome page. How do we reset the computer to online when we can not even get to any programs?

MHughes1958, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Updating Offline Computers

You can download all Windows 10 updates and install the updates offline with WSUS Offline Update program.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
  5. zplugger Win User
    went to the site, not sure how this works? I would like to be able to take the updates from online computer and install on offline computer to save on data useage

zplugger, Dec 28, 2017
  6. You have to read help documentation for the WSUS Offline Update application. If the Windows updates exist at "Windows/SoftwareDisribution/download" folder you should able to install the updates to same Windows version.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
  7. zplugger Win User
    Morning All
    I'm not able to download the WSUS Offline Update tool at this time,ran out of data for this month. Just looking for some feedback on this,does it only search for updates on the computer its installed on? What I need is a program that will run from usb stick and search the computer its on to check for updates,not sure if their is a program like this. Being on a limited data plan its hard to keep 3 computer updated,I think its very important to keep computers updated. Just need a way to update one on line and do the update to the other two offline. All three are the same OS and ver. guess i'm looking for the best way to do this on my data plan.

zplugger, Dec 29, 2017
  8. Updating Offline Computers

You can't reuse what has already automatically downloaded and installed. You can however save updates and manually install if you so desire. The WSUS Offline Update tool will download and saves Windows updates from Microsoft and allows you to install Windows updates offline.

FreeBooter, Dec 29, 2017
  9. zplugger Win User
    Thanks FreeBooter
    Guess my question is does this only check the computer its install on for updates or just all MS updates. I would like something to only check for updates for the computer its installed on. Don't want all MS updates,just the ones my computer needs.

zplugger, Dec 29, 2017
  10. I'm not sure maybe this video will answer your question.

[youtube]aXAOvbNJYyE[/youtube]

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updating Offline Computers

1. Updating Offline Computers - Similar Threads - Updating Offline Computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GoodSync when computer is offline: Hi, is there any option to sync file changes with cloud when 2nd computer is offline? I've wondered about full synchronization between two devices but at now it works only when both are turned on. Maybe there's an option that catches an error and uploads changes to a cloud so...
  3. Password help for offline computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password help for offline computer: I can't boot my Win10 computer. I can get to the repair tool via forced shutdown. The problem I am having is it's requiring me to use a password. Changing the password isn't an issue. The fact that the computer can't log on which means no internet how is it supposed to...
  4. Password help for offline computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password help for offline computer: I can't boot my Win10 computer. I can get to the repair tool via forced shutdown. The problem I am having is it's requiring me to use a password. Changing the password isn't an issue. The fact that the computer can't log on which means no internet how is it supposed to...
  5. Password help for offline computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer thinks its offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer thinks its offline: My PC is convinced it’s offline. When I try and use any browser it says this page cannot be reached with the error message ERR_CONNECTION_ RESET or ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED. Also, I have tried playing minecraft and I can’t login because it says “Sorry! Make sure you are online...
  7. Update Windows offline

Update Windows offline: Hi,How i can install the windows 10 update version 20h2 ,i am a partnership company with Microsoft, and i have more than 200 device that not connected to internet, so i cant install the new update through internet, is there any offline installer that i can download to update...
  8. Offline Update

Offline Update: Can I transfer Windows 10 updates/upgrades from one computer to another one that is not connected to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-update/f66fa608-109b-48b8-9d1f-789192dcc9c8
  9. Offline Update/Upgrade

Offline Update/Upgrade: I have Wiindows 10 on a computer that is almost never connected to the internet. I would like to keep Windows 10 up to date on this computer. Is there any way that I can download all updates on another computer and install it offline on this computer?...
  10. Update while offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update while offline: Hello. My laptop recently got a windows update that broke my wireless adapter. It would cut off right after connecting, so I shut it off myself and uninstalled as many updates as I could but of course the 1 that broke my adapter would not uninstall. So I left my adapter off...