Windows 10: Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version

Discus and support Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a couple new laptops from HP back in Feb or March 2017. These are Windows 10 Pro 64. I've been using one of them since then, but the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DC10, Aug 18, 2017.

1. DC10 Win User

Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version

I bought a couple new laptops from HP back in Feb or March 2017. These are Windows 10 Pro 64.
    I've been using one of them since then, but the other laptop is still brand new in the box.
    I don't remember what version they came with, but will there be any kind of problems updating a new computer that's 6 or 7 months behind on updates, version, etc? Will it automatically update from 2 or 3 versions back? Is there a time limit on that kind of thing?
    Got to thinking about that and it's got me worried.
    Thanks for your help!

:)

2. DavidR_WA Win User

windows mobile device center won't install on new laptop

windows mobile device center previously loaded on 32bit laptop. Now won't load on new 64bit laptop. Error msg "updated version loaded. must uninstall to install older version". Older version downloaded multiple times from microsoft and is the amd64 version.

DavidR_WA, Aug 18, 2017
  3. DanSch828 Win User
    Intel dual band wifi driver issue - Back to old version

Hello community

I have major issues with my Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 driver. Here is what happened:

I got a new laptop with Windows 10. The installed driver for the wifi adapter is Version 18.40.0.12, which did not work and my wifi connection regularly crashed.

I updated to the newest version, but still encountered the same issues. I sent the laptop back to the manufacturer, who installed an older version of windows with the driver version 18.21.

Now everything worked perfectly, until windows automatically updated the driver again to the “old” new version of 18.40.0.12. By now I know how to turn off automatic updates, but it’s too late now. I cannot use the rollback option (don’t know why as
    the older version definitely was installed before). If I manually download the old version, windows still uses the new one instead.

Question: Is there a way of using the 18.21 Version instead of the 18.40 one? And if so how?

Best

Daniel

DanSch828, Aug 18, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Should not be a problem, especially with a new PC such as that one. It will update to the latest version, you will get several updates but won't have to incrementally update to get to the latest version.

fireberd, Aug 18, 2017
  5. DC10 Win User
    Thanks firebird. With W7 there was never any question, but with W10 I just didn't know if a past version might time out after a while and present an obstacle. Cool. Thanks again.

DC10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version - Similar Threads - Updating Question Laptop

2. New SSD for wife's laptop question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New SSD for wife's laptop question: Trying to speed up wife's laptop. All set to buy internal SSD. Is it as simple as connecting the SSD to the laptop with a USB to SATA adapter, and them asking Macrium to do an image to the SSD ? Then swap out the old spinner. 144337
  3. New laptop and older external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop and older external hard drive: My new Dell laptop with Win 10 does not recognize my older USB external hard drive... It will show up in Devices and Printers sometimes, but with no useable info .. how can I get new laptop to connect with old hard drive ?...
  4. DIrect x on older versions?

DIrect x on older versions?: I currently have DirectX 12, and I was trying to play some games that installed older versions of DirectX, but would always fail and require a manual download. So I try that, but every single version always has the same error, saying that there was internal error. It seems...
  5. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.: I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to restore the backup on to my new laptop?...
  6. Windows install on older laptop

Windows install on older laptop: When installing windows 10 on an old dell vostro 3550 computer the graphics switches from the laptop screen to the vga connector and the output can be viewed with a vga monitor. I have updated the video driver and that doesn't help. I have another identical laptop that has...
  7. Older Laptop quicker than new PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Older Laptop quicker than new PC: Hi, I recently upgraded my laptop to a SSD and windows 10 from HDD with windows 7. The difference in performance has made the change worthwhile. It now boots to sign-in in just 17 seconds which is great. However, my PC takes 30 seconds to get there and I’m wondering why the...
  8. Swapping to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swapping to an older version of windows: Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks....
  9. Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version: Microsoft Fall update messed up my Windows 10 by, in particular, creating a second user account. I went to Microsoft support for assistance. After going through 5 Microsoft 'technicians' I ended up with 10 user accounts! During the process one of the 'techs', after me stating...
  10. Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?: Okay, I bought a new laptop today, and after the setup and updates were finished, I noticed that the desktop was displaying the screen calendar from my older laptop on it - which is a 3rd party software that I have to install. The strangest part is, it was only showing August...