Windows 10: Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version

Discus and support Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a couple new laptops from HP back in Feb or March 2017. These are Windows 10 Pro 64. I've been using one of them since then, but the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DC10, Aug 18, 2017.

1. DC10 Win User

Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version

I bought a couple new laptops from HP back in Feb or March 2017. These are Windows 10 Pro 64.
    I've been using one of them since then, but the other laptop is still brand new in the box.
    I don't remember what version they came with, but will there be any kind of problems updating a new computer that's 6 or 7 months behind on updates, version, etc? Will it automatically update from 2 or 3 versions back? Is there a time limit on that kind of thing?
    Got to thinking about that and it's got me worried.
    Thanks for your help!

:)

2. DavidR_WA Win User

windows mobile device center won't install on new laptop

windows mobile device center previously loaded on 32bit laptop. Now won't load on new 64bit laptop. Error msg "updated version loaded. must uninstall to install older version". Older version downloaded multiple times from microsoft and is the amd64 version.

DavidR_WA, Aug 18, 2017
  3. DanSch828 Win User
    Intel dual band wifi driver issue - Back to old version

Hello community

I have major issues with my Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 driver. Here is what happened:

I got a new laptop with Windows 10. The installed driver for the wifi adapter is Version 18.40.0.12, which did not work and my wifi connection regularly crashed.

I updated to the newest version, but still encountered the same issues. I sent the laptop back to the manufacturer, who installed an older version of windows with the driver version 18.21.

Now everything worked perfectly, until windows automatically updated the driver again to the “old” new version of 18.40.0.12. By now I know how to turn off automatic updates, but it’s too late now. I cannot use the rollback option (don’t know why as
    the older version definitely was installed before). If I manually download the old version, windows still uses the new one instead.

Question: Is there a way of using the 18.21 Version instead of the 18.40 one? And if so how?

Best

Daniel

DanSch828, Aug 18, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Should not be a problem, especially with a new PC such as that one. It will update to the latest version, you will get several updates but won't have to incrementally update to get to the latest version.

fireberd, Aug 18, 2017
  5. DC10 Win User
    Thanks firebird. With W7 there was never any question, but with W10 I just didn't know if a past version might time out after a while and present an obstacle. Cool. Thanks again.

DC10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version - Similar Threads - Updating Question Laptop

2. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  3. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  4. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  5. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  6. older version of photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    older version of photos: where can I download older version of windows photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-version-of-photos/bb8781e9-3a4d-4a7b-bcc2-e34f2a979061
  7. Can't install older versions of 10 on new laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install older versions of 10 on new laptops: Went to reinstall windows on a new 10th gen intel laptop with a 1909 installer created with media creation tool, but the installer couldnt see the drive. Only a 2004 installer can actually see the nvme. Along the same lines, I was trying to clone a windows 10 install to a...
  8. Download an older version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download an older version: Is there a way to download Maps version 5.17.11.10104.0? We are trying to verify a change in functionality from the older version to the current version and need access toMaps version 5.17.11.10104.0....
  9. New Update. New Question.

in Cortana
    New Update. New Question.: I wondered where the tabs I set aside went when I updated Microsoft Edge blue e to blue/green wave. Also is my search history/passwords gone? Do I need to pay more for to use the same internet security extension from the previous version? What's new from this update that...
  10. Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?: Okay, I bought a new laptop today, and after the setup and updates were finished, I noticed that the desktop was displaying the screen calendar from my older laptop on it - which is a 3rd party software that I have to install. The strangest part is, it was only showing August...