Windows 10: Updating To Creator Edition

Discus and support Updating To Creator Edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaftwo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. jaftwo Win User

Updating To Creator Edition

I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12 PM at 80%. So 16 hours so far! I had 40gb free on my SDD and have 64gb of memory.

I finally shutdown, restarted and was offered the previous win10 version, which I accepted. Has anyone else had this happen?

:)

jaftwo, Apr 17, 2017
  2. Mikeua Win User

Windows 10 Signin Error

update to creators edition

Mikeua, Apr 17, 2017
  3. HowardMB1 Win User
    I connect to the Steeler Nation Radio url. The site loads, but I cannot get it to vocalize. I was able to before I updated to creator edition. Using a surface Pro 3 win 10 creator, x64

I was able to before I updated to creator edition. Using a surface Pro 3 win 10 creator, x64. I get an incomplete circle that just spins. On a win 7 PC, it plays the game immediately. Am I missing a codec or dll, or what, because of the update to Creator
    edition?

HowardMB1, Apr 17, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

It's the first of this that I have read about. I thought Ryzen was supposed to be fast.*chuckle

pparks1, Apr 17, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Ya something`s wrong, mine took less then an hour.

What is your normal download speed from your ISP ?

AddRAM, Apr 17, 2017
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    I'd personally make a bootable flash drive with either Microsoft
    s Media Creation Tool or it's Windows10 Upgrade Assistant. Then download and save all your drivers on a external hard drive or a 2nd flash drive.
    Then remove everything - external, h.d.d., 2 nd flash drive. Make sure the flash drive with Windows 10 Creators Update is plugged in.
    Then restart your pc and do a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update.
    NOTE- Make sure you have a backup of you personal files first, before doing the W10CU clean install.

BRKKAB, Apr 17, 2017
  7. iDamn Win User
    i used Windows 10 Update Assistant instead of Windows Update. installed the creators update from anniversary update in only 36 minutes. i didn't even do a clean installation. i just chose the option to keep all my files and most of my files are still there running fine. maybe you could try that

iDamn, Apr 17, 2017
  8. jaftwo Win User

I tried it again tonight (4/17) and it took about 30 minutes. Not sure what happened that first time.

jaftwo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating To Creator Edition - Similar Threads - Updating Creator Edition

2. Windows creator edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator edition: I keep getting a blue screen it just has a arrow and a power symbol and press he arrow press the arrow and it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-creator-edition/b21a1c5b-4b61-4e48-9063-5abd1143e79e
  3. Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!: Hi there apart from really hosing up the Interface (why on earth do people mess with perfectly acceptable programs and then turn it into something HORRIBLE) the scan doesn't work It says it thinks there's a threat on my machine -- but nothing in the logs and when you...
  4. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  5. Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will the Creators edition help with managing updates: I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another $100 to do the same on it. It seems I remember reading some where in this forum that the CU will offer more control over the...
  6. Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update: Hi all, Since the Creator's Update, Cortana has been behaving strangely on my machine. Specifically, when asking Cortana to launch programs, and even more specifically when there are several possible options. So, with Skype, just to take one example, the conversation USED...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question: Just wondering,does the Windows 10 Creators Update Edition work ok when you do a upgrade install,I did it last night and the upgrade went fine,and today when playing world of tanks online game the game was freezing,stuttering,losing FPS and it was not playable.After shutting...
  8. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  9. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....
  10. Windows Creator Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Creator Pro Edition: I am a little confused about the Creators Edition I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a Creators Edition Pro or is there such a thing? 83329