Windows 10: Updating to latest Evaluation edition locks up laptop

Discus and support Updating to latest Evaluation edition locks up laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Laptop which is running evaluation edition 15031.rs2 and was updating without any problems since the original install up till the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tacit, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Tacit Win User

Updating to latest Evaluation edition locks up laptop

I have a Toshiba Laptop which is running evaluation edition 15031.rs2 and was updating without any problems since the original install up till the latest version. (15042)

I have tried three times and each time the machine gets to loading and locks up, I have to remove the battery and power supply and it will attempt to finish the install only to get to the same point, try to install again then fortunately will reinstall the older version.

I did download the 15042 ISO but haven't done anything with it yet, just wondering is there a way I can accomplish the update somehow.

Rick

:)

Tacit, Mar 2, 2017
  2. Anshul18 Win User

Corotana on lock screen

I have updated my Hp touchsmart laptop to windows anniversary edition just yesterday. On the lock screen, I don't see corotana anywhere. There's no option to use corotana on the lock screen.The laptop is up to date.

I will be glad, if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Anshul18, Mar 2, 2017
  3. 3 of my PCs auto-updated to the latest Win10 version, now my lock-screens do not recall my PINs or passwords on any of them...

Problem:

3 of my PCs auto-updated and auto installed to the latest Win10 version, now my lock-screens do not recall my PINs or passwords on any of them...

The 3 that I set-up to only notify me of updates, and allow me to control the update file download and installation are working fine, but there is a message from Microsoft that the "Anniversary Edition" update is available for installation.

Do you think I'm going to allow that to happen on the remaining and functional laptops?

I need the work around for the 3 laptops that now closed off from use and for those 3 that are still working, what to do in the set-up to prevent what is about to happen.

Thank you!

MichaelDeWaal, Mar 2, 2017
  4. Tacit Win User

I disabled UUP in the registry and the update went fine, scratching my head for a while

Tacit, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Updating to latest Evaluation edition locks up laptop - Similar Threads - Updating latest Evaluation

2. No option to upgrade the evaluation edition to licensed edition on MECM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to upgrade the evaluation edition to licensed edition on MECM: Hello,We have MECM evaluation edition installed on a server and when we try to upgrade to licensed edition we do not have to option to under site maintenance.Does anybody have an idea why ?Thank you in advance for your help...
  3. No option to upgrade the evaluation edition to licensed edition on MECM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to upgrade the evaluation edition to licensed edition on MECM: Hello,We have MECM evaluation edition installed on a server and when we try to upgrade to licensed edition we do not have to option to under site maintenance.Does anybody have an idea why ?Thank you in advance for your help...
  4. Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer: Hi I have used Snip and Sketch frequently since it was introduced to eventually replace the Snipping Tool. However, since the last Windows update late June 2020: when the Snip and Sketch is booted up and a clip has been selected, the Snip and Sketch overlay disappears; the...
  5. Windows 10 updates locked up laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates locked up laptop: Hello, I have a laptop that is useless now, had to buy a new one to pay bills. Seems the last updates made the graphics incompatible so all I am able to reach is the bios page. Luckily the December 5 updates were given me similar troubles so I backed up files on a separate...
  6. Laptop Locks Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Locks Up: I have a one month old Dell Inspiron 17-3000 laptop that locks up after the display times out. It doesn't go to sleep because the fan continues to run. I have to press the reset button down until the laptop turns off and then power up again. The power setting for my screen...
  7. locked up laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    locked up laptop: this started yesterday. i downloaded the ARK Dev Kit but when i tried to install i recieved this message, "the system admin has set policies to prevent this installation". i attempted some surface quick fixes. ie: turn off antivirus. did not help. eventually i ran this line...
  8. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -: Hi guys. I am still having issues with my laptop Reliability history attached in thread : Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums can someone knowlegable about kernel dumps get on board and tell me what is going on so I can use...
  9. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition: Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related. SFC reports no issues. Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?...
  10. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....