Windows 10: Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC

Discus and support Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 7 currently installed on 2 HDs, one on SSD which is the main OS & another on HD which is reserved as a standby in case of SSD failure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WightWalker, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC

I have windows 7 currently installed on 2 HDs, one on SSD which is the main OS & another on HD which is reserved as a standby in case of SSD failure.

I've used the same Windows 7 key to register both.

Will the Windows 10 upgrade process allow me to upgrade both OSs individually or will I be limited to one upgrade & be able to 'clone' the OS across to other?

:)

WightWalker, Jun 4, 2015

2. Install Windows 10 on same computer two hard drives

Todd, the two hard drives are not going to be in the same computer at the same time. I have one of those bay that you slide in a HD and it works as an internal HD, so, I install Windows 10 on HD #1. Slide out this one and slide in another HD (#2) and install
    Windows 10 again.

Only one person, me, is going to be using this version of legal, legitime Windows 10 version at any given time.

It is not that I am using Windows 10 on multiple PC. Same PC, same me, same MOBO, same everything, just different HD, one in, one out at any given time.

I want to separate productive software, like Adobe, from creative software like Corel Painter, Cubase, etc.

JoseOrtiz1941, Jun 4, 2015
  3. LRA01 Win User
    de-install subscribed device and move new drive

So, here's the deal. I am a subscriber. One of my Office instances was on a Win 7 PC. Call this PC 1. And Hard drive is HD 1

I recently upgraded a second PC from win 7 to win 10, and was testing out 10. Call this PC 2 and Drive is HD 2

Today, on PC 1, HD 1 just bit the big one. (no, I never actually back it up. It was a toy. I used it to play games.)

PC 2 is a lower end proc and GFX card. Took the HD 2 from it and installed in PC 1. So PC 1 has HD 2 with Win 10.

I Know I will have to re-activate the Windows license on PC1 However, I want to "re-install" Office 365 on PC 1 now with HD 2 running Win 10.

Question #1 Is the Office 365 licensed to the hardware on PC 1, or to the License Key for the Operating system that was on HD 1, now crashed?

Question #2 how difficult is it going to be to officially move the Win 10 install to the "New Hardware" ?

LRA01, Jun 4, 2015
Thema:

Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC

1. Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC - Similar Threads - Updating different HDs

2. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...: My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I can update my windows to 11 using ESD license for windows 10 and still have it activated?If I have another PC in the future...
  3. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...: My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I can update my windows to 11 using ESD license for windows 10 and still have it activated?If I have another PC in the future...
  4. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC: I want to have another version of Windows 10 alongside the latest version that I am currently running now. Will this cause any issues? I've read that having two of the same OS in a dual boot is a bad idea. Since dual booting is usually only common with two different OS,...
  6. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  7. Storage Spaces: 1 of 4 HDs failed, can’t access/repair pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces: 1 of 4 HDs failed, can’t access/repair pool: I have a Storage Spaces pool with four 4Tb external USB drives, set up with two-way mirroring. One of the drives started making a loud buzzing noise and interfering with other USB devices. I shut down the system and disconnected the drive (the system will not function...
  8. Can I install windows 10 on two HDs in same PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on two HDs in same PC: I have desktop PC with two build in HDs one SSD can I install windows 10 on both and can reboot from any of them? has it to be same version and build of windows or can be different?...
  9. move windows 10 home from one pc to a different one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    move windows 10 home from one pc to a different one: Hello, I bought windows 10 Home (64) from the Microsoft store and activated it on a pc (no key code, "Digital License"). Now I have built a new pc and would like to move the Windows 10 to that one. How do I do that? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere and this seems like...
  10. how do i swap windows from 1 SSD to a different one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i swap windows from 1 SSD to a different one?: yeah like my title says i just gotta need a word count on this thing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-swap-windows-from-1-ssd-to-a-different/e51cb526-56f3-4472-a06c-79ca5fd0753b