Windows 10: Upgrade 1709 to 1803: my computer "gradually" freezes randomly.

Discus and support Upgrade 1709 to 1803: my computer "gradually" freezes randomly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After upgrading to 1803, my system freezes randomly while using it. The freezing starts with a piece of a screen that stays on foreground... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kvenl, Jul 27, 2018.

1. kvenl Win User

Upgrade 1709 to 1803: my computer "gradually" freezes randomly.

Hello,

After upgrading to 1803, my system freezes randomly while using it.
    The freezing starts with a piece of a screen that stays on foreground (cannot get rid of it).
    Then programs are stopping one-by-one (when trying to use them). Some will work, but eventually no programs
    are reacting anymore.
    Then the keyboard isn't responding anymore, but the mouse still is.
    I can use the startmenu once, then it stalls too.
    Everytime I start a program with the mouse (the only way then) "something seems to start, a blue circle is seen and nothing happens anymore.

And as I said : it is quite random. But most within an hour or two max.

When I restart, a usb ports are hanging. But when I shut down and restart, that's ok.

Tried already:
    + latest display driver Nvidia
    + all updates are installed
    + no real worriyng events in eventslog

For the time now I am back to 1709, but at a time I must go further.

Can anyone point me in a good direction of solving this ?

Cheers!

Kees

:)

kvenl, Jul 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade 1709 to 1803: my computer "gradually" freezes randomly. - Similar Threads - Upgrade 1709 1803

2. The computer suddenly starts to freeze gradually during using, which happens randomly and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer suddenly starts to freeze gradually during using, which happens randomly and...: The system will suddenly start go to freeze gradually at a certain point of time. When this happens, the running software may still be able to "respond to the operation" normally, the button hover animation may can be played, and the menu can be opened, but it may suddenly...
  3. Upgrade from 1709 to 1803 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 1709 to 1803 version: Hello,While searching for the win 10 1803 upgrade (again, not online), I found from this site: "https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-10-1803-iso-file-after-1809-releases/" how to download the iso file from microsoft. Followed instructions and using Chrome, downloaded the...
  4. Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Upgrade 1709 to 1803: Hello Forum, Thinking about upgrading from 1709 to 1803 version, and I am doing some preparations not to be dependant on being online to upgrade. What I did so far: 1. Downloaded the Win 10 1803 (pro, English) installation file from this site:...
  5. Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803: I would just like to add my pennies worth regarding my frustration over the last twelve months or so trying to upgrade to what ever the latest win 10 Feature version is currently available. Firstly I must say I am now up and running with Win 10 1803, thanks to a community...
  6. Freezing after update 1803 and 1709

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after update 1803 and 1709: Hi Microsoft Guys, After i updated my Windows 10 to 1709 or 1803 it keeps lagging and freezing the whole system on startup and keeps freezing my software after 30 mins of just leaving to unfreeze. My Laptop is Acer Aspire v 14 touch, Product I.D is V3-472P-324J, intel...
  7. Windows 10 1709 doesn't upgrade to 1803

Windows 10 1709 doesn't upgrade to 1803: Hi Team, My current windows package version is 1709. In windows update I can see the latest one available is version 1803, but it's stuck at 0% and it seems it tried to be installed in the past and it failed by error 0x80007042b. The problem now is that system is not...
  8. Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot back to 1803.

Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot back to 1803.: When I received the upgrade to 1803, every thing seemed fine for a couple of days but then I needed to scan a document and found that I could not communicate with my Epson printer/scanner. To cut a very long story short, I eventually found that turning my VPN (CyberGhost) off...
  9. Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot return to 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot return to 1803.: When I received the upgrade to 1803, every thing seemed fine for a couple of days but then I needed to scan a document and found that I could not communicate with my Epson printer/scanner. To cut a very long story short, I eventually found that turning my VPN (CyberGhost) off...
  10. 1709 or 1803

1709 or 1803: With all of the posts about troubles with the 1803 version, is it even worth it to install the new version? I have 1709 and am enjoying it. I have read about the add ons and deletion of the different things in 1803 and none of the new add ons I would even use. What is the...