Windows 10: upgrade back to window 10 after crash?

Discus and support upgrade back to window 10 after crash? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my computer couldnt boot after a migration so, after a lot of trouble I installed windows 7 ultimate on my new disk. I still have the windows 10 disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaap313, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jaap313 Win User

upgrade back to window 10 after crash?

my computer couldnt boot after a migration so, after a lot of trouble I installed windows 7 ultimate on my new disk. I still have the windows 10 disk with all of the data I just cant boot from that disk anymore.
    is there anyway of getting back my windows 10 instalation or reinstalling windows 10?
    BTW this all hapened 4 days after the free upgrade ended so I could not have used the free upgrade.

EDIT

I installed windows 10 as it was before using the windows 10 update tool(MediaCreationToolx64.exe - Google Drive)
    It automaticly used my windows 7 key and it worked, no guarantee it wil work in the future.

:)

jaap313, Aug 5, 2016

2. After revert back to window 8.1 , can i still upgrade to window 10 again??

Hi

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Yes, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 after rollback.

Refer the article How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file
    created by Andre Da Costa.

How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

Also, refer: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files.

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to asist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 5, 2016
  3. After revert back to window 8.1 , can i still upgrade to window 10 again??

I have some problem after upgrade to window 10 . So if I revert back to window 8.1 , can I upgrade again to window 10??

Jingyi 569, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

Sorry the free upgrade has finished you will need to purchase a copy of Windows 10 unless you can persuade Microsoft otherwise ...

Mircosoft still offer installation options such as ISO files - If you activated your windows 10 on your hardware use the ISO or USB stick to install it will activate automatically

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Barman58, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

1. upgrade back to window 10 after crash? - Similar Threads - upgrade window crash

2. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  3. Window upgrade 10 , after restore back to window 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window upgrade 10 , after restore back to window 8.1: Hi.I was having window 8.1 and latter got free Window 10 upgrade.On 01Feb22. I did restore to Window 8.1, but I am not getting window 10 updates.I didn't created window 10 installation files.Please advice how can I get window 10....
  4. Window upgrade 10 , after restore back to window 8.1

Window upgrade 10 , after restore back to window 8.1: Hi.I was having window 8.1 and latter got free Window 10 upgrade.On 01Feb22. I did restore to Window 8.1, but I am not getting window 10 updates.I didn't created window 10 installation files.Please advice how can I get window 10....
  5. Window upgrade 10 , after restore back to window 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Hard drive crashed after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive crashed after windows 10 upgrade: Is there any assistance Microsoft can provide due to my hard drive (HP Pavillion 15Z Laptop - 2 1/2 years old) crashing after a windows 10 upgrade was completed. The hard drive will need to be replaced....
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 back after switching hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 back after switching hard drive: Hi all, I am a neophyte to the Windows Community so... I have a laptop (VAIO SVS15) that was previously upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 during the year-long Windows 10 Free Upgrade program, but the original hard drive that was previously used to upgrade died after a couple...
  8. Minecraft Crashing after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Crashing after Windows 10 Upgrade: All of Minecraft versions worked fine when I was using Windows 8.1 64bit. Recently, I finally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I tried launching Minecraft but it kept crashing. I tried reinstalling Java and the launcher itself but the same error occured. I am using a Sony...
  9. Games lag and crash after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lag and crash after Windows 10 upgrade: I have upgraded my pc wo windows 10 recently and now sniper elite lags badly then after 5 mins or so, the whole pc shuts down randomly Thanks, 34762
  10. VLC and PowerDVD Crash After Windows 10 Upgrade

VLC and PowerDVD Crash After Windows 10 Upgrade: My dad upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago, however, now VLC and PowerDVD crash for some reason... they were working perfectly fine before the upgrade. For VLC, the video will freeze, but the audio will keep playing, but when you move the cursor to a point in the...