Windows 10: Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache.....

Discus and support Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache..... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 update 1 to Windows 10 Pro and in the upgrade process it seemed to break the ReadyCache software and firmware. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by infinidim, Jul 31, 2015.

1. infinidim Win User

Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache.....

I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 update 1 to Windows 10 Pro and in the upgrade process it seemed to break the ReadyCache software and firmware. I can't un-install it so I can't re-install it *Eek. When I try and un-install it comes up with the error code 1603 which is next to useless.

Any ideas folks?

Regards

*Cool

:)

infinidim, Jul 31, 2015
  2. RobiBar Win User

use of Hybrid HDD and SSD express cache in windows 10

From Forum Sandisk

Re: Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10? [ Edited ]

Options

‎08-14-2015 03:48 PM - edited ‎08-14-2015 03:49 PM

I have received additional information regarding the ExpressCache Windows 10 issue. When updating from any version of Windows to Windows 10 some of the core components of ExpressCache are removed. This results in the uninstall issue customers are
    seeing. The ExpressCache uninstaller is failing to find components it expects to find resulting in a failure of the uninstall. Unfortunately this uninstall failure prevents a reinstall of the ExpressCache software. We are working with Condusiv to create a
    tool that will reinstall the components that were removed during the Windows 10 update process. We expect to have this tool available by the end of the month.

If you have not yet upgraded to Windows 10 you can uninstall ExpressCache then upgrade to Windows 10. Once you are running Windows 10 you can install and run ExpressCache normally. Additionally ExpressCache can be installed as expected on a fresh
    install of Windows 10 since the issue only occurs in the Windows 10 upgrade process.

We apologize for the inconvenience and again we expect to have a tool that will reinstall the missing components that were lost in the Windows 10 upgrade process by the end of the month.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

RobiBar, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Storport.sys, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs, KMODE_EXCEPTION BSODs, and DPC_WATCHDOG BSODs on Windows 10.

I did try the in place upgrade, there was no change. Changing the drive has....SanDisk ultra II was the culprit, it seems. Something about that model in particular breaks storport.

Daniel Gillette, Jul 31, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Jul 31, 2015
  5. infinidim Win User
    No I didn't - sorry.

Thanks for the link - I was actually aware of this link and I also post on that as well.

I have also raised a case into SanDisk about this issue and have given them a specific timeframe to fix this issue. The person that I talked to basically said that Windows 10 had only been out official for a couple of days and they were looking at the issue. I did point out to them that it had been available as an "Insider" for many months - he then went very quite. Interesting conversation.

I also have suggested that this product is now not "fit for purpose" under various country laws - UK , EU etc.

I raised it as an issue into Microsoft as well.

I would suggest that anybody that has an issue with SanDisk's ReadyCache on Windows 10 raise this as a bug to them. The link for the UK - Ask a Question

Hope this helps

Regards

infinidim, Aug 1, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Best of luck.

In the USA, SanDisk's ultimate response might have been the polite equivalent of "bugger off". They'd probably laugh off a threatened lawsuit, either individual or class action. (It wouldn't make economic sense for anyone.)

bobkn, Aug 2, 2015
  7. infinidim Win User
    I understand what you have said here but in the UK and EU you have statutory organisations that you pass on the information too and they act on your behalf. I did this once with a UK telecoms company and they had to change their advertising and pay compensation to everybody that was effected.*Wink

Also given that they have said in more than one email to me that they, and I quote " We are however working with the software vendor to resolve the issues with Windows 10 and will update you as soon as we have more information. We expect the update to be available early next week. " I am feeling a bit more confident that we will get a fix at sometime. *Biggrin

Hope this helps folks.

Regards

*Cool

infinidim, Aug 2, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

Next week? That'd be nice. I hope they extend that availability to this market. (I'm not using it, myself. Boot drive is a 400GB Intel SSD. Waste of money, mostly.)

Here in the US, we're limited as regards "statutory organisations". I doubt that maintaining the usability of software through an OS upgrade would be regarded as grounds to take action against a vendor. Poor customer support has to rise almost to the level of criminality to get much attention.

bobkn, Aug 2, 2015
  9. infinidim Win User
    I can only hope that things work out.

If I get a solution I will post it here.

Regards

infinidim, Aug 3, 2015
  10. gator2013 Win User
    Thanks for your posts.

I will be watching this thread. I have an 18 Month old HP Desktop (8.1) with a Sandisk 16Gb ReadyCache installed. I was about ready to go ahead with the W-10 upgrade and at the last moment I discovered this issue so I will hold off on the move to W-10 until this issue is resolved.

gator2013, Aug 4, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Yeah, here in the US, it seems that companies can refuse to build new drivers for existing technology when a new OS comes along.

And in some instances, that may be acceptable, maybe in the case of something around four or five years old, but not for newer technology.

I lost useability of an HP Color LaserJet when Windows 7 arrived; it worked fine with Vista. So, I voted with my pocketbook! *Smile I never bought another HP printer until recently when there was a "wide bed" HP printer on sale that I paid less than $200 for. I figured I'd have to leave one of my computers on 8.1 so I could use it, but when I turned it and Windows 10 loose together, it was a marriage made in, well, technology. *Smile Easiest installation I've ever seen for a printer.

All of my printers except for that one HP are Brothers; Brother just doesn't care which OS I'm using. It just installs whichever printer I choose onto whichever OS I may be using at the moment.

Bottom line, here is to check out whichever hardware you're buying to be sure it will run with Windows 10. Of course, I understand that when some hardware was bought, Windows 10 wasn't even on the horizon.

Wynona, Aug 4, 2015
  12. infinidim Win User
    Nothing currently from SanDisk on the ReadyCache issue.

Will post if I hear anything.

Regards

infinidim, Aug 5, 2015
  13. infinidim Win User

Still nothing from SanDisk but they have formally said to me that they are working on a fix.

One step forward.

If anybody else is having this issue then it is worth raising a case with SanDisk to get it fixed.

Regards

infinidim, Aug 13, 2015
  14. kar1987 Win User
    Seems a bit rhetorical but did you all try setting compatibility back to your original OS? The same way we all fixed the Conexant HD sound issue. Laptops last year started incorporating SSD as (readycache) but without the software from Condusiv. So I wonder if those people who bought one and upgraded it are having the same issue.

EDIT: Alternatively, I started thinking what if Windows 10 had it's own Cache running in the background. This would definitely affect the way ExpressCache behaves, just like having 2 Firewalls running. I came to this conclusion when I upgraded my 5 year old laptop to Windows 10 and it started playing videos again and running 2x faster, which is not expected. I thought it was very odd that upgrading an older system to a much Newer OS would make it run better somehow. So if this is the case then we can try to find the active Cache built into the Win 10 Upgrade and turn it off?

kar1987, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache..... - Similar Threads - Upgrade breaks SanDisk

2. Sandisk Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandisk Port: Having troubles with my SD port, I use it to download pictures from my camera... what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandisk-port/ca781e32-0c94-4e52-b493-1d0b396d4b26
  3. Sandisk Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk Port: Having troubles with my SD port, I use it to download pictures from my camera... what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandisk-port/ca781e32-0c94-4e52-b493-1d0b396d4b26
  4. SanDisk not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SanDisk not recognized: For a hundred times, and many years, I could insert my SD card from my camera into the slot on my computer and it would show up automatically. I could then look at my pictures and transfer them to my pics on the computer. No in the last month or so I cannot open that drive....
  5. SanDisk not recognized

SanDisk not recognized: For a hundred times, and many years, I could insert my SD card from my camera into the slot on my computer and it would show up automatically. I could then look at my pictures and transfer them to my pics on the computer. No in the last month or so I cannot open that drive....
  6. SanDisk not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  8. Sandisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sandisk: Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I was able to plug in a sandisk and my computer would automatically read it and I could import pictures from my camera. Now I can't find anything to open to read my sandisk. I was able to open it one time, (don't remember how I did it) and...
  9. sandisk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sandisk: I am downloading files from another computer with a sandisk flash drive pictures are there but turbo tax will not download to the new HP 22 All in one. Get a message, parameter is incorrect It shows the last 3 years of Turbo Tax but content is not there or I just...
  10. Sandisk Readycache

Sandisk Readycache: I've just taken my Sandisk Readycache 32gb away from W7 which will soon have its own ssd and fitted it alongside the WD 80gb which this W 10 build 9879 64 is running on. The driver download has been upgraded and no longer requires the product key. Everything seems to work ok...