Windows 10: Upgrade different architecture?

Discus and support Upgrade different architecture? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am wondering if you can upgrade win 8.1 32 bit to win 10 64 bit without losing applications, anyone tried it? Tim 4418 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by banger, Feb 28, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Upgrade different architecture?

Hi

I am wondering if you can upgrade win 8.1 32 bit to win 10 64 bit without losing applications, anyone tried it?

Tim

:)

banger, Feb 28, 2015

2. difference in upgrading windows 10.......

Hi Kaushik,

Apologize for the late reply.

Free upgrade reservation is an automated process which was made for the easiness of the users. However, for the techy customers we have Media creation tool.

You may chose any of them to install Windows 10 from Microsoft.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 28, 2015
  3. difference in upgrading windows 10.......

is there any difference in upgrading through WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL FOR WINDOWS 10 .......AND....FREE RESERVATION UPGRADE...........!

I AM LITTLE CONFUSED.....!

Kaushik Das1997, Feb 28, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

you will not be able to install 64 bit over a 32 bit install. If the hardware is 64 bit you will have to do a clean install to be at 64 bits.

labeeman, Feb 28, 2015
  5. RTWFF Win User
    Yes and no. If you do a 64-bit install over a 32-bit install your old programs will be stored in a windows.old folder. You can then use a program like PC-Mover to restore some of your old programs. I have done it successfully on one PC. PC-Mover is something you have to buy

However I'd recommend that you run a program like Belarc Advisor, which will tell you the serial numbers of your installed applications, download as many of them again as you can if you don't have the disks (amazingly I found everything I wanted online for download), do your clean install and then re-install them afterwards

Or you can try a combination - see what can be recovered by PC-Mover; for everything else there's the Belarc-then-download route

RTWFF, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade different architecture? - Similar Threads - Upgrade different architecture

2. system requirements architecture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system requirements architecture: I cant install any games from microsoft store they all have an "x" next to "system architecture: x64"Is there a fix for this? or is my device just not compatible with all the games on the store?...
  3. system requirements architecture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system requirements architecture: I cant install any games from microsoft store they all have an "x" next to "system architecture: x64"Is there a fix for this? or is my device just not compatible with all the games on the store?...
  4. Smartcard authentication and architecture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Smartcard authentication and architecture: I have a smartcard that I cant get to work, Im not a tech but it seems like the driver for the reader or the card itself needs to be installed Its also possible that I need to use the card to authenticate for AAD, Its a MS smart card but it has a tmobile branding on it....
  5. Upgrade Architecture

Upgrade Architecture: I am currently running Win10 x86 on a PC with x64 processor. I have an x64 ISO but it won't run on my x86 and my BIOS doesn't recognise it as a boot device. Any Ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-architecture/7307f532-e445-4127-bf91-960b5cbbad06
  6. folder architecture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder architecture: Having moved up from Win 7, I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to understand the consequence of creating folders in C:, This PC, User folders, Libraries, OneDrive, I just can't get my head around the Win 10 architecture and logic. I bought Windows 10 - "The Missing Manual". Do I...
  7. Windows 10 architecture.

Windows 10 architecture.: How can I upgrade my Windows 10 from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-architecture/f32709bd-9d63-4bd7-b43c-faf9253b1675
  8. Free Architecture Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Architecture Apps?: I've been looking around for quite some time, but I can't find any apps on Microsoft Store that offer tools to design multiple-storey houses with. I'm hoping for something similar to Planner 5D, or I suppose the Sims? If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful to hear them....
  9. Windows 10: How to switch and upgrade from different architectures

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10: How to switch and upgrade from different architectures: Whether going to shop for a new computer, using a PlayStation, installing large servers or updating drivers for the devices connected to our system, we come across the terms 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. These numbers are actually the width of the CPU register which is a...
  10. OneDrive Architecture

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OneDrive Architecture: I'm stumped by OneDrive's performance on my wife's Surface Pro. Is OneDrive only in the cloud or does the term "OneDrive" also apply to a folder or virtual folder on the S Pro's hard drive? When we login on my wife's OneDrive account at onedrive.live.com, there are no...