Windows 10: Upgrade Eight to ten

Discus and support Upgrade Eight to ten in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I upgrade my O.S eight to ten. It's possible? 28139 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rasel938, Oct 28, 2015.

1. rasel938 Win User

Upgrade Eight to ten

How can I upgrade my O.S eight to ten. It's possible?

:)

rasel938, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Compguygo Win User

refund

I have Microsoft money and windows eight they do not work on my new windows ten computer can I please get a refund

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Compguygo, Oct 28, 2015
  3. musketUI Win User
    widows 10

hello

my laptop of one an a half years old ,started life with windows eight ,,then I got free upgrade to windows 10 .then a few weeks ago my mother board had to be replaced so was sent for repair ,but first I did a complete clone of the hard drive with ToDo software
    then wiped the disk.

the repair people reinstalled windows eight then windows ten with a new activation key

so now the question is ,if I boot from the cloned copy with all my files ,and the previous windows ten on the clone which has a different activation key, running back on the original machine .in effect I will some times be running with different windows
    on the same machine.

will Microsoft think I'm doing some thing underhanded and lock either or both because on same machine ,,they are both legitimate copy's

thank you

regards david

musketUI, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Upgrade Eight to ten

Brink, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Johannes Win User
    I think you have to upgrade to Windows 8.1 first.

Johannes, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Yes, to get the FREE Upgrade. There's other procedures for Win8.0.

Berton, Oct 28, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Incorrect. You can get the FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 directly from Windows 8.0. The person must use an ISO file by upgrading with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool - or downloading the ISO file from another source and running setup.exe inside the ISO file from within Windows 8.0. Windows 8.1 is only a requirement to use the native Windows Update method to upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Oct 28, 2015
  8. TrustMe Win User

Upgrade Eight to ten

NavyLCDR is absolutely correct. I just did a clean install on my laptop with the Windows 7 SP1 iso. I installed NO updates at all. I had the Win10 10240 iso and used that to upgrade. I extracted the iso to a folder and started the upgrade (Setup.exe) from the desktop. The upgrade went smooth and Win !0 activated with no problems. I had read you were able to do this so I thought I would give it a try.

TrustMe, Oct 28, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have a Windows 7 Home Premium DVD with NO SP1. It upgrades to Windows 10 just fine without SP1 using Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Oct 29, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    I think the requirement for SP1 in 7 or 8.1 is to block some pirated Windows. To get SP1 in 7 or to upgrade from 8 to 8.1, one would normally have to do all the intermediate updates and thus risk locking an illegally activated Windows installation. That's what Microsoft is trying to do, trick those with pirated copies to lock them. Also a Windows 7 installation with SP1 or Windows 8.1 in theory have more updated drivers and are less probable to have any incompatibility issues while upgrading to Windows 10.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Except that there is no requirement for SP1 in 7 or 8.1. Brink in post #2 provided the method to upgrade Windows non-SP1 7 and Windows 8.0 to Windows 10 for free using the Microsoft provided Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Oct 29, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    Yes, I know. The requirement is to do it via Windows Update. Using an ISO you can go straight from 7 without SP1 to 10 or from 8.0 to 10. But an average user is not supposed to know that. He/she will upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Update.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade Eight to ten

1. Upgrade Eight to ten - Similar Threads - Upgrade Eight ten

2. windows ten upgrade bsod my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows ten upgrade bsod my pc: im using a windows ten upgrade tool from microsoft, the MediaCreationTool20H2 from the official website, and when it gets to about 42 percent on the install where it says it will restart multiple times, i get a bluescreen. the technical info states STOP: 0x0000007e...
  3. Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade: Hello! I recently upgraded the motherboard on my PC from the one it originally came with. Now I am prompted to reactivate Windows, but cannot as it thinks the Windows product key has been activated on another device, when its the same device. The original motherboard was...
  4. Windows ten upgrade

Windows ten upgrade: Upgraded from windows 10 on asus computer has stock 16 gb ram and 2tb hd issue is after upgrade it says i have 16 gb ram but only 6.95 gb avail?!?! On bare fully reset computer nothing on it also the optical drive wont work. Nor will it even recognize it in find...
  5. wINDOW 7 TO WINDOWS TEN UPGRADE

wINDOW 7 TO WINDOWS TEN UPGRADE: Hi. My windows hard drive crashed fatally and I had to replace it. I had upgraded to ten from 7 during the free period a couple of years ago. With my new hard drive I installed windows ten home but I cannot activate it because I do not have a windows ten key. Is it now the...
  6. ten upgrade assistance

ten upgrade assistance: Does my Ten need to have Upgrade Assistance after update was installed? 80802
  7. Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten: Hi, I recently upgraded both my laptop and desktop to win 10 and I am having exactly the same issue on both. Every so often the desktop and teaskbar will refresh. It doesn't seem to be associated with having anything open, it happens randomly anytime whatever I'm doing....
  8. Upgraded to Ten, need a new computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to Ten, need a new computer: I mainly use the Asus laptop for emails, surfing, and vids. Since loading Ten a few months ago I've found that the CD driver, my scanner, and much of my audio capabilities aren't recognized by Ten. Now I'm finding that emails, surfing, and vids are ALL I can do. 42002
  9. I'm Back Again...On Another Ten Upgrade

I'm Back Again...On Another Ten Upgrade: This time, I'm trying to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home on my wife's Dell laptop. Started this morning at 7:am I checked to see if there were any updates to be installed. It showed there were 25 updates. I click to have them installed. That taken about 70 minutes, and...
  10. Upgrade to ten from 8.1

Upgrade to ten from 8.1: Hi All, am new here. I live in France my language is English. Earlier this year purchased A H.P all in one desktop touch screen. I thought at the time it was the model with multi language but it turns out it was a single language model. I didn't send it back through one thing...