Windows 10: Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2

Discus and support Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Looking for an assist... I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade via the download. It seems to work...up to a point. There are three phases to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iamc3k, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2

Looking for an assist...

I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade via the download. It seems to work...up to a point. There are three phases to the upgrade: copying, installing, and configure. Above those three phases is a big overall percentage counter. When that gets to ~74%, the configuration is about half done, more or less. Twice in a row (something to be said for consistency), the Win10 upgrade has kicked me out with an error message: AODDriver2.sys is at fault.

How do I correct this issue? It has something to do with my AMD video card, but I have already downloaded and installed the latest drivers. (16.3.1 Hotfix...I think.)

I don't want to go through the hassle of a clean install. Been there, done that, too many times.

Additional info: I usually run my computer with several drives. However, I didn't want any chance of an OS being put in the wrong drive, so I've disconnected all but my C drive. (I've rebooted about 2 dozen times, run sfc /scannow with a clean bill of health, and THEN I installed the latest AMD driver.)

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Mar 20, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Free Windows 10 upgrade entitlement

You can't upgrade directly from W7 32-bit to Win 10 64-bit using the 'free' upgrade route. You would have to upgrade your Win7 installation to 64-bit first.

Erdeslawe, Mar 20, 2016
  3. GoonerMan Win User
    When I upgrade my OS into Windows 10 Will I Get 64 Bit or 32 Bit? If I get 32 Bit How can I change it to 64 bit?

That's a massive shame as there was no price difference between 32 and 64 win7.

I've upgraded some hardware and want to take advantage of 64 bit win 10 not stay on 32bit. :-(

GoonerMan, Mar 20, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Not sure if this will help but check this link http://www.freefixer.com/library/fil...er2.sys-78231/ it talks about some people have removed it. The first response in this link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d3aba35?auth=1 also talks about removing it, that problem was BSOD which is different from your problem.

I guess first thing I'd try is to remove it, see if W10 will install, if it does, then after you're up on W10 do you even need it? Maybe not, first need to get W10 installed then see whether you need AODDriver2.sys.

CmmTch, Mar 20, 2016
  5. iamc3k Win User
    Got it fixed...
    AODDriver2.sys is related to (or used by) AMD Over Driver software. I've had that on my machine, unused, for years.

1 Control Panel-> Remove Program -> uninstall AMD Overdrive.
    2 Reinstall AMD drivers, v16.3.1 Hotfix
    3 Restart
    4 sfc /scannow (just in case)
    5 Retry W10 upgrade...success

Thanks,
    Ken

And a Post Script: W10 and my z170's intel LAN driver didn't like each other. I had no network functions. I had to uninstall the intel lan driver, reinstall it, and all was good.

iamc3k, Mar 20, 2016
  6. CmmTch Win User
    That's great, you got it resolved and it turned out to be a relatively simple solution, for whatever reason W10 sometimes has issues with drivers. Apparently for that driver it wasn't too big of a problem, you uninstalled/reinstalled it and all is now ok.

Please mark this thread solved iam3ck.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Failure win7

2. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 bit 64 upgrade: I have win 10 32 bit and with digital key.if I want to upgrade 62 bit can i use same key kindly update me and win 10 os iso image can intall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-64-upgrade/2fe54bae-7ce1-493e-bedd-ec2da8b3dd48
  3. windows 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 64 upgrade: Hello Team ;I am having apple mac book pro with parallel desktop installed, and it is 64 bits compatible. However i still have licensed version of Windows 10 32 bits running on top of parallel desktop. Any recommendation on how to migrate to licensed windows 64 so that i can...
  4. windows 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 64 upgrade: Hello Team ;I am having apple mac book pro with parallel desktop installed, and it is 64 bits compatible. However i still have licensed version of Windows 10 32 bits running on top of parallel desktop. Any recommendation on how to migrate to licensed windows 64 so that i can...
  5. windows 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Upgrade to 64 bit

Upgrade to 64 bit: IS THERE A WAY TO UPGRADE 64 BIT WITHOUT NO LOSING DATA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-64-bit/6e6434b8-2747-40d9-a0c1-c7a24feef665
  7. Windows 10 64-bit upgrade

Windows 10 64-bit upgrade: So i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit, then i connected my external hdd to my laptop, it got multiple drive, and when i want to upgrade it, it says that the files on my usb drive will be deleted, idk what that means, does it means that all of the files in my drive...
  8. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  9. Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10

Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10: I have successfully upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10. Is it possible to upg rade to a 64-bit Windows 10? If so, could you advise how to accomplish it. Thanks! 21384
  10. Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit

Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit: Hello, I am going to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit,it was orginally 64 bit but the hard drive got bad sector,it was fixed but the fixer installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit,i am extracting the files inside the windows 10 64 bit iso to my usb,i have 2 drives...