Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Discus and support Upgrade from Core to Pro ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it would cost so I clicked on the link. Instead of listing the price it asked if my files were backed up and given the option to cancel. If I go this route does anyone know how much is it going to cost?

:)

Winuser, Aug 5, 2015
  2. J. Jaech Win User

Windows 10 Pro Fails to Recognize All Cores of Dual-Processor Xeon Machine. Is there a fix?

I'm running an HP z400 with dual Xeon W3690 hyper-threaded hex-core processors, and did the free online upgrade from Win 7 Pro. All went smoothly. System information says the machine is running Windows 10 Pro.

Win 7 Pro recognized 12 actual cores, 12 virtual cores, 24 total.

Win 10 Pro recognizes only 6 actual cores, 0 virtual cores, 6 total.

I know this because applications that formerly made use of 24 cores are now making use of only six. Also, system information reports only six cores and only six drivers appear under devices/processors.

How can I get Win 10 Pro to recognize all 24 available cores?

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

J. Jaech, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LeonKrebs Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro 64 to 10 Pro 64 and have had no issues. I have an XPS 8500 with the CORE i7. Both wireless and hard-wired work flawlessly

LeonKrebs, Aug 5, 2015
  4. IownAmoneyPit Win User

@Winuser when I click on the "Go to Store" link the first thing I see is the price (Note: Price listed is in CAN Dollars).

I believe the price in US currency is closer to $99.00.

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I have no price listed, Just the option to upgrade. I wonder if it's because I originally had upgraded my Windows 8.1 Home to Win 10 Pro TP? When 10 was released I went back to Windows 8.1 Home and did the free upgrade.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Core to Pro ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Core Pro

2. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade: So I need to know if there's any legal issues/licence issues with the way I upgraded to win 10. I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1803" from your website then just used it to click my way to a full windows 10 from windows 7, it's fully activated and I did not use any...
  3. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  4. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  5. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  6. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  7. Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10: I still rely on Microsoft Digital Image Pro to put graphics together. I haven't been able to re-install it on my Windows 10 machine. When I try, it says it needs Internet Explorer 6 to install. Help! Moved from: Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10...
  8. Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one: and of course I have no idea where my record of my product key for Win10 Pro retail got hidden. I've tried the CMD and Powershell methods and no go. How do I get my product key so I can use it my new machine? I am posting from the old one that has the key right now. 116036
  9. Windows 10 Pro Evaluation copy. Build 17738.rs5_release 180810-1706

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro Evaluation copy. Build 17738.rs5_release 180810-1706: No sound from my Soundblaster Audigy 5RX board. Updated the drivers and still no sound. Sound does come through the headphones when selected and my ASUS monitor when it is selected but nothing from the soundboard....
  10. Win 10 Pro PC does a soft close after about 10 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro PC does a soft close after about 10 minutes.: This happened prevously but then stopped, in that it performs a soft close-down after working on it, sometimes after 10 minutes sometimes much less than that. My graphic card driver is up to date, as is the Win updates. Fans are working but not yet checked the CPU temp....