Windows 10: Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Discus and support Upgrade from Core to Pro ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it would cost so I clicked on the link. Instead of listing the price it asked if my files were backed up and given the option to cancel. If I go this route does anyone know how much is it going to cost?

:)

Winuser, Aug 5, 2015
  2. J. Jaech Win User

Windows 10 Pro Fails to Recognize All Cores of Dual-Processor Xeon Machine. Is there a fix?

I'm running an HP z400 with dual Xeon W3690 hyper-threaded hex-core processors, and did the free online upgrade from Win 7 Pro. All went smoothly. System information says the machine is running Windows 10 Pro.

Win 7 Pro recognized 12 actual cores, 12 virtual cores, 24 total.

Win 10 Pro recognizes only 6 actual cores, 0 virtual cores, 6 total.

I know this because applications that formerly made use of 24 cores are now making use of only six. Also, system information reports only six cores and only six drivers appear under devices/processors.

How can I get Win 10 Pro to recognize all 24 available cores?

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

J. Jaech, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LeonKrebs Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro 64 to 10 Pro 64 and have had no issues. I have an XPS 8500 with the CORE i7. Both wireless and hard-wired work flawlessly

LeonKrebs, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

@Winuser when I click on the "Go to Store" link the first thing I see is the price (Note: Price listed is in CAN Dollars).

I believe the price in US currency is closer to $99.00.

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I have no price listed, Just the option to upgrade. I wonder if it's because I originally had upgraded my Windows 8.1 Home to Win 10 Pro TP? When 10 was released I went back to Windows 8.1 Home and did the free upgrade.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

1. Upgrade from Core to Pro ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Core Pro

2. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  3. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  4. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: I want to upgrade my PC from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Can I do this without having to do a complete install? I don't want to lose my files and Apps. Also, in case it makes a difference, I am on the Release Preview version of the Insider Program. Any help much...
  5. upgrade from home to pro

upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  6. Upgraded from Home to Pro

Upgraded from Home to Pro: I have Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. My Question is, It does uses the same activation key, right ? I got NO email with a new key tho. My Microsoft account didn't told me on anything with a new key. . .....so .... I am all good with the same key...
  7. upgrading from home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from home to pro: how to transfer windows 10 pro digital license on a virtual machine to windows 10 home? I have an HP Pavilion laptop with win 10 home upgraded from win 8.1, on the same laptop, I have a virtual machine Oracle Vbox with windows 10 pro upgraded from windows 7 ultimate. both...
  8. Upgrade from home to pro

Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  9. Upgrade from Home to Pro

Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"
  10. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?: ​I have a new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop with Windows 8.1 Core. I also have Windows 7 Professional from my old laptop which died a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could be a good idea to install Windows 7 Professional in the new Samsung so that it will give me a better...