Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Discus and support Upgrade from Core to Pro ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it would cost so I clicked on the link. Instead of listing the price it asked if my files were backed up and given the option to cancel. If I go this route does anyone know how much is it going to cost?

:)

Winuser, Aug 5, 2015
  2. J. Jaech Win User

Windows 10 Pro Fails to Recognize All Cores of Dual-Processor Xeon Machine. Is there a fix?

I'm running an HP z400 with dual Xeon W3690 hyper-threaded hex-core processors, and did the free online upgrade from Win 7 Pro. All went smoothly. System information says the machine is running Windows 10 Pro.

Win 7 Pro recognized 12 actual cores, 12 virtual cores, 24 total.

Win 10 Pro recognizes only 6 actual cores, 0 virtual cores, 6 total.

I know this because applications that formerly made use of 24 cores are now making use of only six. Also, system information reports only six cores and only six drivers appear under devices/processors.

How can I get Win 10 Pro to recognize all 24 available cores?

[​IMG]

J. Jaech, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LeonKrebs Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro 64 to 10 Pro 64 and have had no issues. I have an XPS 8500 with the CORE i7. Both wireless and hard-wired work flawlessly

LeonKrebs, Aug 5, 2015
  4. IownAmoneyPit Win User

@Winuser when I click on the "Go to Store" link the first thing I see is the price (Note: Price listed is in CAN Dollars).

I believe the price in US currency is closer to $99.00.

[​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I have no price listed, Just the option to upgrade. I wonder if it's because I originally had upgraded my Windows 8.1 Home to Win 10 Pro TP? When 10 was released I went back to Windows 8.1 Home and did the free upgrade.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Core Pro

1. Windows 10: How to switch and upgrade from different architectures

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: How to switch and upgrade from different architectures: Whether going to shop for a new computer, using a PlayStation, installing large servers or updating drivers for the devices connected to our system, we come across the terms 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. These numbers are actually the width of the CPU register which is a...
  2. Easily Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Easily Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Windows 7 had an “Anytime Upgrade” feature. Many people who purchased new laptops or Desktop PCs while Windows 7 was released got Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home Basic edition pre-installed in their system. When the need of additional features for their home or workplace...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update: Windows 10 was officially launched for public on 29th July 2015 as a free upgrade for existing Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. It is also available to purchase as a stand-alone version from the Microsoft Store and is pre-installed on most of the OEM if you purchase a new...
  4. Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will My Windows be Upgraded to 32-bit or 64-bit?: You may have asked yourself which version of Windows 10 you’ll be receiving when the update rolls in around July 29th 2015. Here are the answers. Skip the introduction if you know the difference already. What’s the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows? 32 and 64 bit...
  5. Performace and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Performace and Upgrade: Good evening, I want to upgrade my HP ZBook for optimal performance. I have provided a link for the specs of the computer. Basically, I want this thing to be fast and have good graphics. Everyone, keep in mind that I am new at doing this....
  6. Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?: You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro...
  7. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?: ​I have a new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop with Windows 8.1 Core. I also have Windows 7 Professional from my old laptop which died a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could be a good idea to install Windows 7 Professional in the new Samsung so that it will give me a better...
Upgrade from Core to Pro ? solved