Windows 10: Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Discus and support Upgrade from Core to Pro ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Upgrade from Core to Pro ?

Under settings - Update & Security - Activation you can go to the store to upgrade from Core to Pro. While in the store I wanted to see how much it would cost so I clicked on the link. Instead of listing the price it asked if my files were backed up and given the option to cancel. If I go this route does anyone know how much is it going to cost?

:)

Winuser, Aug 5, 2015
  2. J. Jaech Win User

Windows 10 Pro Fails to Recognize All Cores of Dual-Processor Xeon Machine. Is there a fix?

I'm running an HP z400 with dual Xeon W3690 hyper-threaded hex-core processors, and did the free online upgrade from Win 7 Pro. All went smoothly. System information says the machine is running Windows 10 Pro.

Win 7 Pro recognized 12 actual cores, 12 virtual cores, 24 total.

Win 10 Pro recognizes only 6 actual cores, 0 virtual cores, 6 total.

I know this because applications that formerly made use of 24 cores are now making use of only six. Also, system information reports only six cores and only six drivers appear under devices/processors.

How can I get Win 10 Pro to recognize all 24 available cores?

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

J. Jaech, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LeonKrebs Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro 64 to 10 Pro 64 and have had no issues. I have an XPS 8500 with the CORE i7. Both wireless and hard-wired work flawlessly

LeonKrebs, Aug 5, 2015
  4. IownAmoneyPit Win User

@Winuser when I click on the "Go to Store" link the first thing I see is the price (Note: Price listed is in CAN Dollars).

I believe the price in US currency is closer to $99.00.

Upgrade from Core to Pro ? [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I have no price listed, Just the option to upgrade. I wonder if it's because I originally had upgraded my Windows 8.1 Home to Win 10 Pro TP? When 10 was released I went back to Windows 8.1 Home and did the free upgrade.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Core to Pro ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Core Pro

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro: I purchased a machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM licence from Directdeals.com as I had done successfully before, now when I try and enter the new product key I get an error message: "The product key you entered didn't work. …...
  3. Upgrade to Pro from Home

Upgrade to Pro from Home: I have a license for Pro but my computer died a sudden death. The new one I ordered has the Home edition. Will I be able to upgrade to the Pro version on the new system? I would think so but you never know. 118760
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro: I installed Win 10 Pro on my PC that had Win 8.1 Pro activated. It activated with no problem. When I look at the activation tab, it says it’s activated with a digital entitlement. When I look at Show Key Plus program it shows the Installed Key as the generic key for Win 10...
  5. Upgrading from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro

Upgrading from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro: Hi , I have just bought Toshiba portege Z20t which comes with pre-installed windows 8.1 pro and the right operating system now is windows 7 pro downgraded from window 8.1 pro , my question is I want to upgrade to windows 10 but to make this first I have to install the...
  6. Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro

Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro: I have three machines, one running W10 Pro and the other the "N" version, and a notebook running W10 Home. With the anniversary update coming out, it's going to be a hassle to have to get three different ISOs or let each version download it's own particular update version. I...
  7. Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?

Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?: Hi, So try to stick with me here. A couple years back I had issues with the Windows 7 update system and spent literally 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft technicians trying to figure out what is causing it, and how they can try to repair it remotely etc. For a booby...
  8. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 Pro *refuses*

Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 Pro *refuses*: Hey. So, I've been trying all day to get a PC to upgrade to Win10 from Win8.1 Pro. Windows Update has failed multiple times with the automatic update, and I've created a USB installer from the downloader thing, which fails as well. It seems to actually try to do something,...
  9. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: I recently got a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 with Win 10 Home Pre-Installed. I want the Pro version to have access to the Group Policy Editor and other Pro features. If I buy the $99 upgrade can that be transferred to another computer if I decided to return this Lenovo and buy something...
  10. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?: ​I have a new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop with Windows 8.1 Core. I also have Windows 7 Professional from my old laptop which died a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could be a good idea to install Windows 7 Professional in the new Samsung so that it will give me a better...