Windows 10: Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error

Discus and support Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robbyb, Jul 29, 2015.

1. robbyb Win User

Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error

Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update (KB2952664) is not installed. It was showing as failed in my update long but has since installed ok. However the app still says its missing.
    So I tried the media creation tool. This starts up fine but about 40 min in this screen appears

Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error [​IMG]

I press ok and after about 10 seconds the installer just closes, and that's it we are back to normal. I have tried this 3 times and I get the same result.
    any ideas?
    Rob

:)

robbyb, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade failed.

"Setup has failed to validate the product key" error after starting win 10 Anniversary upgrade.

Upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro months ago with the free upgrade.

Why's that?

Citydriver, Jul 29, 2015
  3. upgrade from win 7 to win 10 failed

while i'm doing upgrade to win 10 from win 7,

i got the following error during the installation of win 10 :

0x800700A1-ox2000c

the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an Error during Apply_image operation..

and then it's restored to win 7 again..

any help.. thanks

Mohamed-Ismail, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Rob, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

After you click on OK, let the computer sit for a while to see if it may continue afterwards. Sometimes this can take quite a while.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. robbyb Win User
    Thanks, tried using it as normal after it all disappeared with no luck. I am now installing it on a USB stick so it does not take so long to do each time.
    Rob

robbyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error - Similar Threads - Upgrade fails error

2. Errors upgrading win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors upgrading win 7 to win 10: I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 Intel core i5 processor 64 bit win 7.Trying to install win 10, at the very end of the process I get an error:"Failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during the replicate-OSoperation" and the codes 0x8007001F - 0x20006 I hope someone can tell me...
  3. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  4. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails: I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the...
  5. error in upgrading win 7 to win 10

error in upgrading win 7 to win 10: hai,i am kishoor from india.i have been trying to upgrade my windows 7 pc to windows 10 on my own.But i cant .when i was upgrading i shows "No changes made to ur computer"and reboot itself to windows 7.and an error code 0x8007007E _0x40003.plz tell me a solution....
  6. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  8. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails: I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration. After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have downloaded windows 10 to a USB device just in case. the laptop has Norton active. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it...
  9. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  10. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...