Windows 10: upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

Discus and support upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, *cakeLet me state my huge thanks and appreciation for any help i recieve right up front. *cake The pre flight check all indicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by patfrom7to10, Jul 20, 2016.

1. upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

Hi everyone,

*cakeLet me state my huge thanks and appreciation for any help i recieve right up front. *cake

The pre flight check all indicate I should be fine.
    I did the additional,
    Removed antimalware and virus,
    Done checkdisk,
    Imaged my partitions
    Upgraded BIOS
    Made sure all MS updates were applied,
    Simplified my setup removing old printer extra monitor etc etc.
    So the upgrade completes and I have tried a few times now(all is fine at this point). Problem comes after I login to Win 10.
    The first time everything works, I start customising, basicly making myself at home.
    The first restart or shutdown after the initial setup, I can never get back in, from that point on its safe mode with networking.
    I am stuck with either spinning dots with windows logo - unresponsive/hung or
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys - selfcheck and reboot

So I have DVI connected to monitor Dell U2413,
    Motherboard is a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h wifi rev 1.1
    i7 3770k - (4000 intel gfx)
    msi gtx 670 (current disabled)
    32gb ram
    750 powersupply

So Im stuck Ive tried all sort of stuff from the internet and currently got 10.18.10.4425 intel driver from a clean DDU install
    Please help me get back into full windows 10

Cheers before hand

:)

patfrom7to10, Jul 20, 2016
  2. pat_1001 Win User

Win 7 Pro to 10 Pro 64bit upgrade troubles

The pre flight check all indicate I should be fine.

I did the additional,

Removed antimalware and virus,

Done checkdisk,

Imaged my partitions

Upgraded BIOS

Made sure all MS updates were applied,

Simplified my setup removing old printer etc.

So the upgrade completes and I have tried a few times now. Problem comes after I login to Win 10,

The first time everything works, I start customising basicly making myself at home.

The first restart or shutdown after the initial setup, I can never get back in.

I am stuck with either spinning dots with windows logo, or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

So I have DVI connected to monitor Dell U2413,

Motherboard is a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h wifi rev 1.1

i7 3770k - (4000 intel gfx)

So Im stuck Ive tried all sort of stuff from the internet and currently got 10.18.10.4425 intel driver from a clean DDU install

Please help me get back into full windows 10

Cheers

Pat

pat_1001, Jul 20, 2016
  3. My PC failed to start-up since the OS updated to Win 10

Upgrading my Toshiba from Win 7 to Win 10 doing same with Attempted_Ececute_of_No_Execute memory 10692034.sys error. I have not tried to see if it will boot in Safe Mode Yet.

JohnCAshford, Jul 20, 2016
  4. upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

Quick update,
    currently trouble shooting with MS and I now have
    Nvidia 368.81 enabled
    intel 4000 disabled

spinning balls and windows logo with that goes noware
    still stuck in safe mode with Net

patfrom7to10, Jul 20, 2016
  5. I am now using latest Nvidia driver, with intel disabled.
    Atleast now there is no crash - its worse as now it just sits quietly with spinning dots and windows logo the numlock and image flashes once then keyboard goes unresponsive, am just meant wait like this or is it not working as it should.

Please help
    Thanks before hand

patfrom7to10, Jul 21, 2016
  6. roblinb Win User
    I would have checked device manager for exclamation marks on devices, because of faulting drivers, before updating the BIOS. A google search for the driver displayed in your BSOD indicates that your Intel graphics driver seems to be causing you problems.

I would give this a shot: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

roblinb, Jul 21, 2016
  7. Thanks for your reply,
    I've dropped back to 7 to see if can load as many 8.1 and ten listed drivers. Before I upgrade again. The funny thing is when I've upgraded before everything goes OK. It after I restart for the first time in ten it goes all wrong. Ill use Intel tool to get the latest driver as you suggest. I suspect when I restart I'll get the same error I have tried several of the Intel win 10 64bit driver for 4000 gfx chipset i did hit a wall as I was stuck in safe mode I couldn't run driver installer as intended, so I had to extract and install inf file.

Sorry for scatty brain dump as preparing dinner as we speak, I'll check back in 2 lh or so after upgrade has completed.

Thanks again
    Pat

patfrom7to10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

1. upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys - Similar Threads - upgrade SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  7. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  8. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  9. After upgrading from Win 7 due to sys upgrade, Win 10 locked files that were on a seperate...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After upgrading from Win 7 due to sys upgrade, Win 10 locked files that were on a seperate...: Hi guys, So I have a studio computer that has .wav samples (HUGE sample libraries that I paid for) on an internal drive (physically separate drive from the OS). I upgraded my OS to WIN 10 (retail Home) due to the stupid Win10 requirement for new gen chips (don't preach, I...
  10. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50