Windows 10: Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes.

Discus and support Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! I upgraded from a fairly old install of Windows 7 (Installed 8/2011) to Windows 10 on 7/21, and have had a series of intermittent blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dantrona, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Dantrona Win User

Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes.

Hello there! I upgraded from a fairly old install of Windows 7 (Installed 8/2011) to Windows 10 on 7/21, and have had a series of intermittent blue screens and have been spending the last week or so trying to self-diagnose and see if I could come up with a solution using Windbg to look at the crash logs, but I really wasn't able to discern too much from the information.

The list of BSOD 'reasons' I was able to remember were:
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
    BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

So far, I have gone through and checked to see if I had any incompatibilities with drivers (My webcam controller from Logitech needed to be refreshed and such) as well as running 'Advanced SystemCare 9' to "Optimize my PC" -- something that was suggested on another site for similar problems to what I was having, I did a brief look around google to see if it was total quackery but it seemed to help with some things, but hasn't fully fixed my issues.

I have also ran Memtest 86+ for 2 passes and had no faults reported, I have considered running an extended test, to see if it would produce any further errors, but that is why I am sure it is driver-related.

When I ran Driver Verifier, It had first crashed at "cscrysec.sys" which is from "Infowatch" so I reset verifier and set it to run another check minus the "Infowatch" drivers, in which it crashed at "scsiport.sys" which I couldn't get too much information on, and couldn't continue using my method of "Ignoring" that driver in my next search, as its not listed in driver verifier's list.. I also couldn't find any information on how to really remove/repair the troubled system files.

Hopefully you all can help me more, and might be able to explain in more detail how I might be able to take a look and see what lines I should pay more attention to so I might be able to figure out future issues?

Wishful thinking, and thank you!

PC Specs
    Processor: Intel i7 990x
    Memory: 24gb Samsung M378B5273CH0-CH9
    Mainboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD7 (Rev 1.0)
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Power Supply: Corsair HX850

:)

Dantrona, Aug 7, 2016

2. upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 now screen is flashing and my pointer is spinning with blue circle when i try to click on anything

I upgraded from win7 to win 10 now the screen is flashing & my curser wont let me do anything it just spins a blue circle.

valeriehildahl, Aug 7, 2016
  3. KjeldBagh Win User
    BSOD - log file says language pack caused the problem

did an upgrade from win7 to w10.

Now I get blue screen every 10. min

Log file says Language pack did - "that bad guy"

Kind of lost her - any good suggestions?

KjeldBagh, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The oldest dump indicates a problem with Ctoss2k.sys.
    Code: ffffd001`48c7bc90 fffff801`ecfd6a4cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ctoss2k.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctoss2k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctoss2k.sys ctoss2k+0x6a4c[/quote] Ctoss2k.sys with description Creative OS Services Driver is a driver file from company Creative Technology Ltd. belonging to product Creative Audio Product. The one installed is fairly old for Windwos 10: 12/18/2015 4:05:57 PM

See this web page, see if there is a newer driver: Windows® 10 - Software Availability Chart

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Dantrona Win User
    Well, I downloaded the appropriate software for my sound card, but the driver date only changed to 12/19/2015, I didn't take note of what the driver version was prior. But when the executable sent my PC to restart, It began to load Windows 10, only to give me a black screen, my primary monitor simply saying "Out of Range!" like it was not receiving a video signal.

Tapping my "Reset" button and restarting it manually during this time will then let it load to my login screen and resume normal operation, hopefully the driver is taking. Was there anything else that had popped up that I should look in to?

Thanks for the direction to look towards! I might just bite the bullet and yank the ancient card and go back to onboard audio, I have also considered a fresh install (Was trying to avoid it so I wouldn't have to re-install all my applications and such.)

*Edit* I looked closer at the currently installed version versus the older version, I am now at the most recent (2.40.15)

Dantrona, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I'll look at some of the other dumps, see if anything else shows.

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I'll look at some of the other dumps, see if anything else shows.

An earlier dump shows your system is slightly under clocked:
    Code: 10: kd> !verifier fffff802f3af77a0: Unable to get verifier list. 10: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz" MaxSpeed: 3470 CurrentSpeed: 3458[/quote] It would be a good idea to reset all clicking and voltages to default for now.

This is a fairly old computer. There are no drivers released for it beyond Windows 7.

You can try running Driver Verifier again, see if it shows us anything useful but if you run into scsiport.sys then your stuck.

You are still at TH2 build 10586.494. Try upgrading to teh Anniversary update, 14393.0 then apply updates to get to 14393.10.
    You can get the ISO here: Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
  8. Dantrona Win User

I've completed the update, and went back through my bios settings, so far no crash. But if one does appear, I'll pop my head back in to the thread! I appreciate your assistance!

Dantrona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win7 issues

2. Multiple blue screens with diffrent error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple blue screens with diffrent error codes: As mentioned, I'm recicing multiple blue screens on almost a daily basis. I've used Glary Utilities to update my drivers where applicable but the blue screen issue remains. The blue screen occurs randomly, when I'm playings or when I've got no applications open. My dump files...
  3. Multiple Codes Blue Screen Crash

Multiple Codes Blue Screen Crash: So about two days ago I powered on my computer from a shutdown state to encounter bluescreen after bluescreen all reading different codes. I figured after some troubleshooting these codes were related to memory. I uninstalled two of my four memory sticks and that actually got...
  4. performance issue after an upgrade from win7

performance issue after an upgrade from win7: i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 via usb and before my booting time was alot faster and my computer keeps frrezing in short intervals i tried troubleshooting but no issue was found i have 8gb ram i5 processor and i have around 90 gb free in my system drive and 100gb in the...
  5. Blue Screen multiple issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen multiple issues: Hello, in the past month or so I bought components and made my PC. No issues so far, all running well. Out of nowhere I now can't get onto my PC because it keeps rebooting and restarting without me asking it to. I've watched a number of videos on youtube on how to fix it...
  6. Issues with Blue Screen on multiple laptops

Issues with Blue Screen on multiple laptops: Hello, I need help in pinpointing this issue if possible. Windows 10 64bit laptop Receiving this BSOD on 5 of our laptops in the fleet of 150 laptops over the last 3-4 weeks and I have had no luck in fixing the issue. I have uploaded the dmp file and MSinfo to OneDrive...
  7. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.: So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in everytime I want to use it, I got an audio splitter and plugged both in. Worked like a charm. Then today, for fear of the...
  8. Multiple issues from activation to blue screen errors

Multiple issues from activation to blue screen errors: First off, I've tried contacting microsoft. It keeps linking me back to these forums rather than a live person. I bought this laptop from Best Buy, they assured me it was all set up and ready to go. I've had a windows error saying I need to activate windows since day one. I...
  9. Multiple Blue Screens with code 3B and A

Multiple Blue Screens with code 3B and A: Hi, I'm havig a lot of blue screens in my new Surface Book 2 13.5" i7 16GB 512GB Samsung SSD, I already made a clean install from an image downloaded directly from Microsoft, also made a memtest86 and chkdsk and no problems were found. Finally I runned device verifier, and...
  10. Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10

Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10: Hi, I have upgraded to windows 10 and found that the system keeps showing "blue screen" every hour. I had upgraded all drivers and no help. Please help. HarryAttachment 74535 47118

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple blue screens after win 10 upgrade