Windows 10: Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

Discus and support Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When using a genuine Microsoft supplied flash drive to upgrade from a registered version of Win 7 Pro All updates checked and installed, starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Power2ewe, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Power2ewe Win User

Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

When using a genuine Microsoft supplied flash drive to upgrade from a registered version of Win 7 Pro

All updates checked and installed, starts "checking system" process then generates error message: "Setup has failed to validate the product key"

Can not do clean install due to a pre-installed proprietary business application,

Have tried numerous times with same result. Assistant does not recognize the error message

Any thoughts on how to move forward?

:)

Power2ewe, Aug 23, 2018

2. win7 to win10 upgrade failure

Work through these steps for
    Overcoming Windows 10 Upgrade Failures
    compiled after helping with several thousand Upgrades, which work for everyone who completes them all.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 23, 2018
  3. problem on upgrading from win7 professional to win 10

i have this problem on upgrading from win7 professional to win 10. When windows update check for programs not compatible with win 10 list the following : microsoft virtual pc 2007 sp1 and

virtual pc 2007 sp1

and ask permission to remove both. I granted permission and the first was successfully removed but for the last windows update ask to remove it manually. The little problem is that this program dont exist and never existed on my machine. i reinstalled micrososoft
    virtual pc upgraded to sp1 unistalled reboot but without any luck. Checked registry List of programs installed menu start all i can think of no istance of this program. I search on google the only virtual pc 2007 sp1 is the microsoft version so i am blocked
    on this issue. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

franco zunino, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

Perform upgrade to win7 ultimate OEM copy to Win 10 pro but keep using Win7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 and New Win 10 in triple boot

Hello Frank,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• What do you mean by this statement "If I purchased the win 10 pro upgrade USB retail, cloned my win7 install to another hard drive on the same computer and use the Upgrade Win10 USB to upgrade "cloned" win 7 install to win 10 would I have a license to all
      3 products"?
    • You mean upgrading Windows 7 or installing on different partition?

I appreciate if you could simplify your query with an example, so that we'll analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

1. Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win7 failure

2. revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7: This is essentially a FYI post. I recently decided to upgrade from my Win7 pro to Win10 pro because I got an announcement that one of my programs (TurboTax) would not install or run on Win7 next year. I did this using some links / tutorials in this forum. They were pretty...
  3. Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300

Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300: After successful update on 3 notebooks I am trying to update Windows 10 on a Desktop using the Update Assistant and ran into this error below: 0x8007001F – 0x300D The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. My configuration:...
  4. New upgrade from win7 to win 10 1809

New upgrade from win7 to win 10 1809: Can any tell me what this is. Never happened on any other upgrade. [img] 132506
  5. win 10 to win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264
  6. cannot upgrade from win7 to win10

cannot upgrade from win7 to win10: I have 6 computers at my premises 4 ran windows 8.1 pro and two currently running win 7 HP. Now all the installations are fully activated and full RETAIL versions and upto date with all updates. Because my broadband (LOL) connection is very slow (sub 2 Meg ) it would take...
  7. Upgrading From Win7 Enterprise to Win10

Upgrading From Win7 Enterprise to Win10: I'm trying to beat the MSoft clock that runs out on 7/29 for the free upgrade to Win10. Wouldn't you know it, of all the hiccups I would get is the error saying "Can't update from Win 7 Server, or Enterprise to Win10. See Admin." Well, I AM THE ADMIN!! AAARRGGHH!! So, what's...
  8. Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2

Upgrade Failure: win7/64 to 10/64...aoddriver2: Looking for an assist... I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade via the download. It seems to work...up to a point. There are three phases to the upgrade: copying, installing, and configure. Above those three phases is a big overall percentage counter. When that gets to...
  9. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716
  10. Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10: I had WIN 7 on my desktop computer did the upgrade to WIN10 free. Everything was working fine then one day I turned on the computer and received a boot disk error. I went into BIOS and tried booting from there and it worked the first time. A couple weeks later we had a storm...