Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can we load windows 10 Professional OEM Pack on a laptop which comes by default with Windows 10 Home? We have HP 250G8 Laptop Part No. 3D4T7PA which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mahala Rose, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional

Can we load windows 10 Professional OEM Pack on a laptop which comes by default with Windows 10 Home? We have HP 250G8 Laptop Part No. 3D4T7PA which comes with Windows 10 Home. But we need to give laptop with Windows 10 Professional to our customer. Please suggest if we can load Windows 10 Professional OEM Pack on the same laptop.

:)

Mahala Rose, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional

1. Upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Professional - Similar Threads - Upgrade Professional

2. having issues in upgrading from windows 10 home to windows 10 professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    having issues in upgrading from windows 10 home to windows 10 professional: why I don't have a valid digital key or product key and do I have to pay money to get that key and I cannot upgrade my windows 10 home to windows 10 pro...............
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?: Ok, I wonder if anyone can help! I just tried to upgrade by Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Professional via the Windows Store. The transaction went through OK and I have a bill from MS confirming the purchase of Windows 10 Pro. However Windows 10 Enterprise now appears...
  4. Just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional and show Windows is not Activated

Just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional and show Windows is not Activated: This is on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop, which is a company issued laptop. I was told to upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Professional. I went to the Microsoft Store, paid for the upgrade. Rebooted the laptop and when I log back in and check under Settings > Update &...
  5. Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc: I am retiring my old laptop which has a retail version of windows 10 professional installed.I have a new surface 4 laptop with win 10 home.Can I upgrade to pro by adding my old laptop product key on the Surface Laptop?...
  6. Upgrading a Windows 10 Home Machine to Windows 10 Professional. How to do it

Upgrading a Windows 10 Home Machine to Windows 10 Professional. How to do it: I have a Windows 10 Home Machine. I also have a Windows 10 professional license and want to upgrade it.I tried adding the license key but it returns the below errorThe Product Key you entered didn't work. Click the product key and try again, or enter a different one...
  7. upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data

upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data: I have a desktop with windows 8.1 professional 64 bit license OS installed. I have to upgrade it with windows 10 professional . Is it possible to upgrade it without losing applications and data? I don't want to format my HDD.thanks in advance....
  8. Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional

Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional: Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possbile-to-upgrade-window-10-home-to/808b347a-ff09-4b88-bb9e-776a74b1d6f5
  9. Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.: So before Windows 7 support ended over a year ago I attempted to upgrade one of my family members Laptops. When I did the upgrade it managed to pass the initial installation and I saw the Windows 10 spiral before seeing it basically fail at installing Windows 10 and it...
  10. Windows 10 Pro License Activation After Upgrading From Windows 7 Professional

Windows 10 Pro License Activation After Upgrading From Windows 7 Professional: Hello I was using Windows 7 Professional in my dell laptop with volume license. Now i have upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 and after upgrading my windows 10 showing activated. I have not entered any new key. Now i am not able to understand which key my new windows 10...