Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was running windows 7 without problem. got the small white 'window' seducing me to windows 10 which i gladly accepted. i liked it for a while.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by szszo, Oct 9, 2015.

1. szszo Win User

Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem

I was running windows 7 without problem.
    got the small white 'window' seducing me to windows 10 which i gladly accepted.
    i liked it for a while.

one day i couldn't boot. i went over all possible problems since i am an intermediate computer person.
    i had to work, so i swapped out the problem drive with a spare drive, reinstalled windows 7 and my critical programs, and was on my way.

[btw, the windows 7 installation was on a new hard drive that had been running windows 7 for only about 4 months.]

i hooked the windows 10 drive thru a new, tested, quality external drive. but i couldn't even open the drive in explorer. the drive was recognized by explorer, but couldn't access any folder or file. i've tried many other things. so i'm here.

any help is greatly appreciated. *Smile

:)

szszo, Oct 9, 2015

2. Bluetooth icon missing in settings Windows 10

The Bluetooth problem is unresolved till November, 2015. I do not see Bluetooth in the Settings after an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10! Unable to connect my Bluetooth devices to my laptop and this is a BIG disadvantage.

Pankaj Krishnan, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Bluetooth icon missing in settings Windows 10

'DITTO'

The Bluetooth problem is unresolved till November, 2015. I do not see Bluetooth in the Settings after an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10! Unable to connect my Bluetooth devices to my laptop and this is a BIG disadvantage.

Pankaj Krishnan, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Amythyr Win User

Did you try to reset your pc , for clean install?

Amythyr, Oct 9, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi szszo, so basically you're wondering how to access the drive you used when you upgraded to Win 10- which isn't allowing you to read it normally. Not sure I understand 'thru a new, tested, quality external drive' - I assume you connected the drive as an external drive to a PC.

1. Have you tried running chkdsk on it? You say the drive is recognised when it is plugged in.
    2. If you really really can't access the drive properly, a couple of things could have happened (beyond some limited sector or cluster corruption.
    a. Hardware fault (ok, you said it's quite new).
    b. Corruption of the Master File Table (assuming NTFS format).

In the latter case, use a good partition manager and see what you can see. Some partition managers also support repair/regeneration of this, and recovering lost partitions, and there are also dedicated programs for this.
    Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem - Similar Threads - Upgrade big problem

2. Upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from windows 7: I have windows 7 and would like to upgrade. I am on the Microsoft web page and click the blue buttons Check for Upgrade and Check for compatability but nothing happens. What am i missing?...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...: Trying to update this old laptop, pavilion g6, and right as it’s about to finish upgrading it crashes with this pop up box... Modern Setup Host has stopped working. How can I update to 10?!? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments]...
  4. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  5. Problem Upgrading From Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Upgrading From Windows 7: Well i have this laptop with windows 7. I downloaded Media Creation Tool. Followed the procedure to upgrade to windows 10 without keeping anything(Folders, Programs etc). In the middle of the process and after the laptop restarts 2 times i get a black screen. I shut it off. I...
  6. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  7. Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I performed the upgrade from 7 to 10 on my laptop with no issues. However the upgrade on my desktop didn't go well. Home built computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel I5-2500 processor, 16GB ram, 64bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 graphics card, 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  8. Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.: All was well in my digital world before windows 10, I thought it was the future for me but sadly it isn't the case, after a few weeks of use, the wireless adapter in my desktop stopped working on 10, it didn't cease to function, it disappeared without a trace from the device...
  9. latest big upgrade problem

latest big upgrade problem: Hi, I got the latest major upgrade and it installed well on both my laptop and desktop. I had to re-install my SCSI driver again as well as my Wireless adaptor. I have one problem: On my desktop, I now have all 4 of my usb drives ( they are card reader slots ) Listed...
  10. Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Please Help! I have license for Windows 7(32 Bit),but I have unofficially upgraded to 64bit ( means pirated ) by formatting the hard disk. Is there anyway so that I get Windows 10 update 8485