Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 7 Home causes multiple BSOD

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 7 Home causes multiple BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Tenforums Gurus, I upgraded my father's old desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Ever since its been installed, 4 days now, the computer has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oglark, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Oglark Win User

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home causes multiple BSOD

Dear Tenforums Gurus,

I upgraded my father's old desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Ever since its been installed, 4 days now, the computer has been very unstable with BSOD events happening on a regular basis (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I have tried to upgrade the graphics card driver which helped for a while but it is still occurring quite often. My Dad finds that running Skype sets it off.

I have attached the files as instructed by the instructions left by the forum admin. Needless to say I will never hear the end of it from my Dad if I can't get this in a more stable form.

Thank you for all your time in advance!

Karl

:)

Oglark, Aug 10, 2015

2. dideo display problems with a toshiba l455-S5980

After upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) to Windows 10 Home (also 32-bit), the system will not display higher resolutions or support multiple displays. Any suggestions would be appreciatred.

DominickCritelli, Aug 10, 2015
  3. pudgee Win User
    help with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED intelppm.sys+2140

Hello, after i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, i am getting those random BSOD screens. First i thought it was my usb wifi adapter, cause it was supported only for win 7 up, but after upgrade i am still getting those BSOD errors. Can anyone help me
    where is the problem ? There are dump files, just bother with the last one from 7.8.2015 - that is the new after USB wifi adapter changed.

Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

pudgee, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Oglark Win User

I think it is either a problem with the USB breakout on the case or the Microsoft Lifecam. Is there a way of checking if it is one of those 2?

Oglark, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    It's looking like your Realtek card reader, the driver predates Windows 7 so is very old. Check here for an updated version.
    Code: ffffd000`a33b2ac8 fffff801`4abdd40cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTSTOR64.SYS, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTSTOR64.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTSTOR64.SYS RTSTOR64+0xd40c 1: kd> lmvm RTSTOR64 start end module name fffff801`4abd0000 fffff801`4abe4000 RTSTOR64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: RTSTOR64.SYS Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTSTOR64.SYS Image name: RTSTOR64.SYS Timestamp: Thu Jun 05 12:21:42 2008 (4847CC46) CheckSum: 0001954A ImageSize: 00014000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Oglark Win User
    Boozad!

Thank you! I upgraded the card reader driver from the Realtek site and I am no longer getting the crashes when opening Skype or plugging in peripherals (touch wood).

Wow, we would have never figured it out. So a big thanks to tenforums.

Best,
    Karl

Oglark, Aug 11, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome Karl, glad to hear all is working well *Thumbs

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home causes multiple BSOD - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home causes

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering: Hi there, I recently upgraded my self built PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro. In doing so I now get a stuttering that stops basically everything on my computer for about half a second every two seconds. I have been working on trying to fix this for the better part of...
  6. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium: I asked this question earlier - August 20 or so, and received a detailed reply. However, I was unable to access my computer until now to read it. I have gone through many, many pages of prior postings but have been unable to find that solution . So I'm posting the problem...
  7. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home on my Dell Latitude 5400. Downloading from Microsoft's web page, I tried the free upgrade process to Windows 10. After many hours, this message appeared: System registry contains invalid file paths Drive letter assignments do not match across...
  8. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  9. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...