Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, My installation of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 always fails at the 22% mark. This has happened about 6-7 times. I've tried deleting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kinguin, Jul 30, 2015.

1. kinguin Win User

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed

Hi guys,

My installation of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 always fails at the 22% mark. This has happened about 6-7 times. I've tried deleting the items in the download folder, as well as the setupprep.exe in the Windows WS folder. I'm using the media creation toolkit from the Microsoft website. I've tried the Windows update from the control panel, but that also fails with various error codes, the most common being 80070003. I would really appreciate a solution because this has been frustrating me all day.

Thanks

:)

kinguin, Jul 30, 2015

2. Issue with Windows 10 Upgrade on Sony Vaio VGN-FW

Has anyone else had issues with Windows 10 and upgrading your Sony Vaio? I have attempted to upgrade with a usb and from the computer directly, but it always gets stuck on 32 percent at the 6 percent complete mark for the installation of drivers. Are
    there any ways of fixing this issue? If not, when will the drivers be available? I've already lost valuable amounts of time trying to upgrade and this is getting ridiculous. My computer was stuck for 48 hours.

WriterGirlED, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade error 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

Brilliantly if you try Tech Support they cut you off if you mention this problem!

This is the second time see below:

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed [​IMG]

Patrick P.

Microsoft Answer Tech

Hi, thanks for visiting Answer Desk! I'm Patrick P..
    22:31

hello my friend
    22:32

hi you there?
    22:33

yes.
    22:34

how can I help

I ran the Media Creation tool for Windows 10 from 8.1 Pro and the install failed at about 85% and tried to revert back to 8.1

but the Revert back didn't work and has corrupted my 8.1

none of the toolbars work and I can't get into any Windows features or programmes.
    22:35

I have tried to do a fresh install from USB drive to 8.1 using your media tool download for 8.1 but this says my CD Key is only valid for upgrades not installations.

Answer Tech has ended the chat.

gazza_bazza, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed

1. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed - Similar Threads - Upgrade always fails

2. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  3. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  4. Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise: Unable to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-failed-from-window-8-to-window-10-please/2b40e48d-c99a-42c1-bf50-c9fe5bd24f12
  5. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 x64 fails at 75% percent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 x64 fails at 75% percent: My pc HP Elitebook 745 G3 is having problems installing Windows 10 21H1 using the in-place upgrade from media creation tool and using setup.exe from the iso.I have used sfc /scannow and DISM scan health and DISM restore health. System locale is English, United States. Also,...
  6. WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent

WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent: I was trying to upgrade my wife's Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I used the media creation tool, and turned off my Anti-virus and ran the tool to upgrade, as an Admin. However it has been stuck at 1% for several hours - please suggest what I need to do to move...
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation: Hello i have a laptop with windows 8 and want to upgrade to windows 10 by the media creation tool after going though the steps of downloading and installing the upgrade with keeping personal files and apps when it says restarting it dose not restart and the blue windows 10...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails: Hi! I've successfully updated to Windows 10 on my two Surfaces, but there is some kind of issue on my desktop PC. The upgrade process from Windows 8 fails at about 71% total (Installing features and drivers at 91%), and the error I get is: C1900101-40017 Windows...
  10. Upgrading from Windows "8" ?

Upgrading from Windows "8" ?: Can you get the free upgrade to Windows 10 from the original Windows 8? Or is it only 7 and 8.1? 26006