Windows 10: Upgrade Graphic Card

Discus and support Upgrade Graphic Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by squid13, Jun 24, 2017.

1. squid13 Win User

Upgrade Graphic Card

I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile

:)

squid13, Jun 24, 2017

2. windows 10 upgrade

I tried to upgrade to windows 10, i was told my graphics card was incompatible so i got another graphics card which I am told is compatible. I clicked on the upgrade and it tells me that the old graphics card (Radeon X1550) is still installed when it isn't.
    It will not let me upgrade. How do i get the upgrade advisor to recognize my new graphics card?

RobertDyson2004, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Upgrading Graphics Card

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can change the Graphics Card in Windows 10 without activation issues. However, changing hard drive or motherboard is not recommended.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Upgrade Graphic Card

RoasterMen, Jun 25, 2017
  5. squid13 Win User
    My price range would be about $125. I notice that one you referenced was a PCI Express 3.0 and the one in my machine is 2.0.

squid13, Jun 25, 2017
  6. You don't need to worry about the PCI-e version as the difference would be barely noticeable. I use a Motherboard with P35 chipset and a GTX 460 and the only thing bottlenecking it is the processor. I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600.

RoasterMen, Jun 25, 2017
  7. munk1955 Win User
    This is exactly the one I would recommend also(The EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 2gb) I have bought 2 of these in the last 6 months and can say from my experience these are great GPUs for the price which is around $100.

And as was stated earlier don't worry about the PCI Express thing it is nothing to worry about!

munk1955, Jun 26, 2017
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

Get something that fits your system, get a GeForce GTX 1050 or a 1050Ti, those are decent and cheap GPU's that are mainly meant for giving systems like yours a boost in graphical performance.

connorw123, Jun 28, 2017
  9. squid13 Win User
    Sorry for the late replay and Thank You to all of you for your input. I'll probably go with the 1050.

squid13, Jun 28, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    You will need to be careful with prebuilt systems such as HP and Dell. They can sometimes use propriety cases and make it really difficult to add new hardware.

Have you had a look inside your case and seen what type of card might fit in there. Note the length from the rear bracket to the front of the case. Note the type of graphics card connectors that are on the motherboard.

This looks to be your computer.
    And this possibly your motherboard?

It does appear to be able to take modern PCIe 15x graphics cards so you have some room to upgrade. I would consider something like the 1050 or 1050TI.

swarfega, Jun 29, 2017
  11. squid13 Win User
    It's a HP Pavilion D5200t and the motherboard is Pegatron Corp. Intel Burbank (cpu1), Southbridge model 82801IR (ICH9R) Revision 02. I'm going to go with the 1050.

squid13, Jun 29, 2017
  12. Ferre2t4 Win User
    Should I use Easy Driver to automatically update the Driver? Each time after reinstalling Windows, I always use the support tool. I do not know how to find the manufacturer's driver files

Ferre2t4, Jun 29, 2017
  13. bobkn Win User

Upgrade Graphic Card

This probably should be the start of a new thread.

Do you mean "Driver Easy"? I am congenitally suspicious of such software. I'm not familiar with how they make money, but they are basically providing a service that most of us won't pay for.

A lot of drivers are included in Windows. Others through Windows Update. nVidia graphics drivers are easy to find (nvidia.com). Intel drivers are not easy to find. (Their newest drivers may not include support for older graphics or motherboard chipsets.)

What I try to do is download installers for all of the drivers that I need, for use when I install Windows.

bobkn, Jun 29, 2017
  14. I use a Gigabyte GTX 1050ti in my Dell XPS 8500. It requires about 72W and should work in your PCEe 2.0 slot, but check the power available (I have a PCI3 3.0 slot and so am not sure what the 2.0 provides). The card is designed to not require additional power so there is no wire to connect to the power supply. The 1050ti has 4GB of ram.

It is important to make sure you know that the video connectors on the card match your monitor's input. I chose the Gigabyte because I needed one DisplayPort for my monitor and one HDMI for my TV/monitor so I could use a second monitor when not using the TV function.

There are many models of the 1050ti and the principle differences are the video ports on the cards, so pick a model with the right kinds of ports. My card cost me $131.00 so you can probably get one at or just within your budget. The GTX 1050 is cheaper but only has 2GB of ram. Try to get a 4GB card.

Very important: As soon as your card is installed check NVidia for any graphics driver updates.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 30, 2017
  15. flhthemi Win User
    Nvida drivers are HERE and this should be about the best place to get them *Wink Just edit the info for your card a go for it!

flhthemi, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

Upgrade Graphic Card

1. Upgrade Graphic Card - Similar Threads - Upgrade Graphic Card

2. Applications not working after upgrading graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not working after upgrading graphics card: Hi there,I recently upgraded my graphics card and installed a new internal hard drive however since booting up the PC, I have noticed several problems. Many but not all of my applications are no longer working - they do not open once double clicked. There does not seem to be...
  3. upgrade helios 300 graphic card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgrade helios 300 graphic card.: hi.i was wondering what are the possible way to upgrade Helios 300 graphic card ,currently I'm using RTX 2060 but is there anyway i can boost my graphic card further or even upgrade it ?...
  4. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  5. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade: I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos. I have an old integrated NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics card. I understand that this card is not compatible with Windows 10....
  6. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  7. Upgrade my graphic card

Upgrade my graphic card: Hi, I was wondering what was the best graphic card to upgrade my computer. I don't play that much, but I want to be able if I want to, for the last ones. It's fine if it's not the best quality, just enough to play. I also want to watch 4k videos. I need two HDMI output...
  8. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it: My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the...
  9. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...
  10. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card: About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't working. I remembered I had an old (8-9 years?) XFX GeFORCE graphics card and I plugged it in and all seemed well. Now suddenly...