Windows 10: Upgrade install from the same build is that possible?

Discus and support Upgrade install from the same build is that possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade install from the same build is that possible? I want to try an experiment. 7842 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by groze, Jul 4, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Upgrade install from the same build is that possible?

Upgrade install from the same build is that possible? I want to try an experiment.

:)

groze, Jul 4, 2015
  2. truthKhan Win User

Insider preview 10240 is RTM

from win 8.1 upgraded to insider preview build 10130 and upgraded to new build 10240.

activated permanently and licencee to Retail channel. no expire date on this build 10240 RTM

I am from Insider preview (upgraded from windows 8.1), does my windows 8.1 considered upgraded?

two of my computers got the same generic key, ending with 3V66T...i heard also other people with the same key.

can i clean install windows 10 RTM without key and it will it be activated automatically?

truthKhan, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 4, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Huh?? Do you mean install 10162 and upgrade the same build??

BunnyJ, Jul 4, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Yes.

groze, Jul 4, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I guess you can.. but Why??

BunnyJ, Jul 4, 2015
  7. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Jul 4, 2015
  8. groze Win User

I have an idea and want to see if it work or fails.

groze, Jul 4, 2015
  9. LittleJay Win User
    I know an upgrade install worked over my copy of W8.1 Pro, so I assume you should be able to do the same with W10.

LittleJay, Jul 4, 2015
  10. Nothing to upgrade; as has been previously stated that's really just a repair install.

cyberrufus, Jul 4, 2015
  11. groze Win User
    My idea worked. Had a few issues with sfc and windows genuine validation but it eventually validated. I might do a tutorial haven't decided and submit it to Brink it might be better over at the pchelpforum forums it requires Linux and well as windows tools it could work without but I am not sure. Anybody here that a good writer and good with grammar. My grammar is not that great.

groze, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade install from the same build is that possible? - Similar Threads - Upgrade install same

2. Is it possible to install Release Preview Build on top of v1903?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to install Release Preview Build on top of v1903?: I opted in Windows Insider program on my Windows 10 v1903 and Windows Update offrered me both v2004 and 20H2. At first it started to download 20H1 but then it failed saying that there are some missing or corrupt files (please see this) and went to download 20H2. submitted by...
  3. upgrade from win10 build 1909 to build 2004.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win10 build 1909 to build 2004.....: hello i want to upgrade from win10 build 1909 to build 2004. how can i do it? or build 2004 is released? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win10-build-1909-to-build-2004/0784af86-c674-4b56-a2e8-9f52e84bf38d
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible

Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible: **I may need more disc space. I will finagle that and return to report** Original post: Recently I upgraded a machine from 7 to 10. No real issues. Use the same stick on this machine* and No Worky. Clicking on the Setup starts and crashes. In Task Manager the process...
  5. Is it possible to repair a Windows 10 install with a previous build?

Is it possible to repair a Windows 10 install with a previous build?: Hello. So basically what I want to know is if I can repair a Windows 10 1903 with a 1809 bootable. Could there be any issues or will it just install the 1809 version?...
  6. Possible to upgrade clean install

Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  7. Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.: Hi I have a windows 7 OEM on my machine. I am looking to maybe install to windows 10 before the 29th. Firstly I will be making a full backup of windows 7. I understand, if I install, upgrade to windows 10, I can revert back to windows 7 within 30 days. After that there...
  8. Is It Possible to Skip a Build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is It Possible to Skip a Build?: When I first got Windows 10, I experienced frequent crashes and hangs, and I frequently had to restart, because something wasn't working right. About a month ago, the system finally became reasonably stable. Yesterday, I upgraded to build 10586, and so far at least I haven't...
  9. is it possible upgrade windows from boot?

is it possible upgrade windows from boot?: I click upgrade and receive this message: [img] Apparently it is not possible upgrade when system boot from DVD or USB but I am not sure. please tell me that is possible or certainly should run setup.exe in other to upgrade. because current windows don't run and I...
  10. Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?: I have more time on my hands now than what I will when W10 is officially released later this month. So, I wondered if it were possible to install the latest W10 preview as upgrade to W7-64bit now, then when W10 is released, just do an update with the proper W10 product key...