Windows 10: Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

Discus and support Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ARAMP1, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ARAMP1 Win User

Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this long. I'm afraid I'm stuck in some kind of loop. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

:)

ARAMP1, Feb 8, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Feb 8, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Feb 8, 2016
  4. ARAMP1 Win User

Well, please disregard. It finally started installing.

ARAMP1, Feb 8, 2016
  5. FD611V Win User
    Don't give up. I started Win 10 upgrade on Sunday, 6th, and it took 16 hours for it to complete the "Checking For Updates" to finish. I was about to dump the PC and get a new one, when I yaken another look at the monitor and behold there it was...saying it had completed the updates. I finally finish the transfer last night about 7*Tonguem

FD611V, Feb 8, 2016
  6. mike s Win User
    Of the 6 or so machines that I have upgraded, I have never seen evidence of anything good coming out of "checking for updates" at the start of the install process. Provided you have a network card supported by Win10 natively (most are) so that you can do this after 1st Win10 boot, it makes more sense to do the upgrade offline.

mike s, Feb 8, 2016
  7. ARAMP1 Win User
    It took a while...almost two hours, but I'm on windows 10 now!

ARAMP1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates" - Similar Threads - Upgrade Install Stuck

2. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates

Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates: I started to update from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The first thing the update does is check for updates and it has been on that for about 2 hours. How long does this take or is it hung?...
  6. stuck on checking for update

stuck on checking for update: i am updating windows 7 to windows 10, i purchased and downloaded windows 10 setup tool. it is stuck in checking for updates, has been stuck all night, what can t do?...
  7. Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates

Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates: Windows Update never finishes Checking for Updates. Does not show any message, just keeps on checking. Also Microsoft Store does not show updates for the installed apps and does not show installed app list. Reinstalling Windows is not an option. Please...
  8. Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.: As the title says. I just bought Windows 10 online and as I went through the installation process it went to checking for updates and seems to be stuck there. I chose to upgrade because my new processor wasn’t supported by Windows 7. I’m still on Windows 7 as I type this....
  9. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....
  10. Stuck Checking For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck Checking For Updates: Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7. Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates". Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates. Any...