Windows 10: upgrade issue

Discus and support upgrade issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to upgrade from Win7 (legit purchase with Product Key) to Win10. Downloaded/installed but requests a product key for Win10???? 45514 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by staubrj561, Mar 27, 2016.

1. upgrade issue

Trying to upgrade from Win7 (legit purchase with Product Key) to Win10. Downloaded/installed but requests a product key for Win10????

:)

staubrj561, Mar 27, 2016

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Mar 27, 2016
  3. X-Box 360 remote and windows 10

Im having same issue tryed wireless first then was successful wired directly for short period but my HP rejects drivers. I read I need the hollywood edition ????????

whitewood_wdharddrive issue, Mar 27, 2016
  4. upgrade issue

Are you installing from the Media Creation Tool?

DeaconFrost, Mar 27, 2016
  5. "On google, selected DOWNLOAD NOW and the process started with above results. Not familiar with Media Creation Tool?"

staubrj561, Mar 27, 2016
  6. I'm not familiar with your method, but the fact it was found through a Google search makes me wonder if it is legitimate.

If you aren't using the system tray app to upgrade, then I would definitely use the Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10

You can choose to make an .iso file or a USB flash drive for installing later, or upgrade the system now. If you choose that option, you'll be given a choice to keep your files, or clear everything.

DeaconFrost, Mar 27, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    staubrj561,

1. There are only 2 "official" Windows 10 ISO download sites:
    Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...load/techbench

Which one did you use ?
    I would speculate that you were using the first link ...... MCT link.

2. You said "selected DOWNLOAD NOW ".
    Are you sure you did not select "Upgrade now" ? Like this one..............

upgrade issue [​IMG]

3. You said " Downloaded/installed but requests a product key for Win10???? "
    What is the exact wording ? Can you post a screenshot where it requests a product key ?
    Did you try entering the Win 7 product key ?

davidhk, Mar 27, 2016
  8. upgrade issue

[QUOTE Thanks to DeaconFrost and Davidhk. No need for screen shot. Part of message that I overlooked was, "Your OS is not ACTIVATED." Upon activating ALL is Well. Thanks very much for your Responses.

staubrj561, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

upgrade issue

1. upgrade issue - Similar Threads - upgrade issue

2. Feature upgrade to 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature upgrade to 1903 issue: My Dell Inspiron 5759 laptop started off with an early version of Windows 10 and automatic upgrades have updated it as MS required. I think it was 1809 that started giving me trouble, Windows would load up to the desktop, show the desktop shortcuts, many without icons, no...
  3. Issue Upgrading from 1803 to 1903 - 0x800701b1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue Upgrading from 1803 to 1903 - 0x800701b1: This is probably the 10th time I have tried upgrading to 1903 with no avail. This is a dual boot system which may be the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-upgrading-from-1803-to-1903-0x800701b1/dcb4a568-843a-4cab-bc67-b9c00e5ec5a0
  4. BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys: Back in June 2016 I sought help from this site for a similar problem. I have seen issues with release 1607, 1803 now 1903 I followed all the steps published on the Microsoft websites … ran the MS update troubleshooter, replacing SSU, deleting Anti-Virus, have sought to fix...
  5. I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...: Now every time I boot up my pc, it blue screens on startup (stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED), then sends me to automatic repair, and I can’t get out. It won’t let me do system restore, and it won’t let me reset my PC. I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus with RTX 2060 and Intel Core...
  6. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.: So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in everytime I want to use it, I got an audio splitter and plugged both in. Worked like a charm. Then today, for fear of the...
  7. Upgrade issues from 1803 to 1903

Upgrade issues from 1803 to 1903: Hello, I am trying to upgrade my desktop from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1903 and continue to run into errors. The install from Media Creation Tool, as the Windows Update says my computer is up to date but isnt, fails around 75% and then has to revert everything back which...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade issues: I purchased windows home and installed it on a VM. I wanted it to be separate so I set it up with a local account. I changed the machine name . I realized I needed remote access so I upgraded to windows 10 pro. after the upgrade the password I set for the local account no...
  9. Activation issue upgrading from Windows 10 LTSB (1607) to Windows 10 LTSC (1809)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue upgrading from Windows 10 LTSB (1607) to Windows 10 LTSC (1809): I have a unit which came with Windows 10 LTSB that I activated with a license key. For our application, we needed to upgrade to LTSC (1809). I was able to successfully upgrade the OS, but it now shows the system as not activated and my key from LTSB does not appear to be...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.

Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.: I have Windows 7 ultimate installed with a dual boot option with Centos 7 in my desktop. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 now. I tried to installed more than 2 times and everytime getting the same error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS...