Windows 10: Upgrade messed up my audio

Discus and support Upgrade messed up my audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MS Update decided I should install the latest version of Windows, 1703, on my HP Envy 17 laptop. I went ahead and downloaded the files and then started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vivski, May 18, 2017.

1. vivski Win User

Upgrade messed up my audio

MS Update decided I should install the latest version of Windows, 1703, on my HP Envy 17 laptop. I went ahead and downloaded the files and then started the install this morning, which completed in about 1 hour.

However, when I try to listen to anything the sound level is almost inaudible. I went into Control Panel and checked that the sound level on my internal speaker was 100%, but this made no difference. In Device Manager I looked at the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section and checked for any drivers which needed updating, but I have the latest drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do?

Viv

:)

vivski, May 18, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

video_scheduler_internal_error messed up my audio!

Hi Anarerdene,

Tell us more about your concern. Did this error appear on random?
    When did the issue start happening? What changes have been made to your device before the issue started?
    Which graphics card are you using? Users running AMD claimed to resolve similar error by doing a driver roll back or downloading an older driver. Other users running Intel changed the graphics memory to 128MB in BIOS. You might need to consult
    your device manufacturer to achieve this setting. In the meantime, try to restore to an earlier point.
    Go to Control Panel > Search for Recovery > Open System Restore > Next >
    Select a restore point > Next > Finish.

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, May 18, 2017
  3. video_scheduler_internal_error messed up my audio!

Hello,

I've had a blue death screen with an error named: Video_scheduler_internal_error. After the restart my computer starting making weird buzzing noise every second. I noticed they were coming out of the speakers, so i plugged in my headphones to see if it changed
    anything. All i could hear was buzzing parasitic sound, a sound like a falling torrent water etc. Then i tried to play videos and music, there was no sound at all except the buzzing noise.

I've tried the following so far:

- Update all audio drivers. Didnt help.

- Update all video card drivers. Didnt help.

-Uninstall all audio drivers and reinstall. Didnt help. Same thing with the video card drivers.

Can you help me solve this problem ?

Thank you.

anarerdene, May 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Try rolling back the audio driver in Device Manager.

Ztruker, May 19, 2017
  5. - I guess you must have already right-clicked on the volume icon in the bottom right corner.. (??)
    - there's a mixer in there..

BugMeister, May 19, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Many HP computers after windows 10 upgrades need re-installation of IDT audio codec.
    Once you are on the HP web site: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Click these keys simultaneously: function + escape
    Wait approximately thirty seconds for the pop up HP system information. Copy and paste your computer's serial number into the search and if available download and install the IDT driver applicable for your computer's configuration.
    If it does not pop up then open the HP support assistant and enter your serial or product number.
    Sometimes the driver is missing when viewing drivers for Windows 10. In that case you may need to check the drivers that were approved for Windows 8 or 7.

Let us know if this CODEC fixes the audio problem.

zbook, May 19, 2017
  7. krthom Win User
    I had the same issue with my desktop ... all sound was garbled and muted. I went to Control Panel .. selected Sound ... then the Sounds tab, and found the Sound Scheme had been changed. When I changed it back to "Windows Default" .. everything then worked normally, apps, games and music.

krthom, May 19, 2017
  8. Bamagal41 Win User

ZBOOK,
    Installing HP's suggested fix cleared up my problem. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Bamagal41, May 20, 2017
  9. vivski Win User
    Thanks zbook,

pressing the function and escape key did nothing, even after one minute. However, the HP Support Assistant did give me my serial number and I was able to download the IDT driver from the address you gave. Once I had installed the driver my problem was solved.

Thanks also to those others who took the trouble to offer advice.

vivski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade messed up my audio - Similar Threads - Upgrade messed audio

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My audio keeps on being messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio keeps on being messed up: My computer audio keeps on disappearing, sometimes it doesn't but sometimes whenever I turn off the computer and then later open it, I can see that the audio is missing, it only comes back once I shut down the computer, and reset the computer doesn't work. Also sometimes it...
  6. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to that...
  7. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play a like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to...
  8. Audio messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  9. My audio and mic are completely messed up.

My audio and mic are completely messed up.: Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just not as good of quality, I don't know exactly explain it. Usually, if it was in a voice call like on Discord, I would just...
  10. Audio got messed up.

Audio got messed up.: In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your headset/speaker is working and such. So once I plugged in my headset, but I didn't close the popup, and went to the toilet. When I got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. username bamagal41