Windows 10: Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and...

Discus and support Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and on at start page and hourglass is working. I have zero... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RockyHaworth, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and...

Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and on at start page and hourglass is working. I have zero control and it will not leave page. Any suggestions other than trash the computer?

:)

RockyHaworth, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and...

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to visit the location of the files on your computer and check if they exist on the original location.

• Press Windows + E on the desktop.
    • Click on ThisPc on the bar on the left. Visit the original location of the documents and check if they exist.
    Check if the following link of Windows 8.1 helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/restore-files-upgrade-windows-old

(steps will work on Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and...

1. Upgrade of existing windows 10 after 20 hours I stopped it. Now my computer flashes off and... - Similar Threads - Upgrade existing hours

2. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?: My computer keeps turning off after I turn him on, It doesn't happen before I log on my user. 20ish seconds after I turn on my computer It keeps being turned off. Can anyone assist me in any way? I tried to format my computer and it still keeps being turned off, I also tried...
  3. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?: My computer keeps turning off after I turn him on, It doesn't happen before I log on my user. 20ish seconds after I turn on my computer It keeps being turned off. Can anyone assist me in any way? I tried to format my computer and it still keeps being turned off, I also tried...
  4. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.: I have a Windows 11 laptop. With an approximately 20% chance, after starting it and running the OS for an amount of time somewhere between 10 and 20 hours, it stops acknowledging the existence of my headphones. They simply stop appearing in the list of audio outputs, no...
  6. Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stops recognizing headphones after after running for 10 to 20 hours.: I have a Windows 11 laptop. With an approximately 20% chance, after starting it and running the OS for an amount of time somewhere between 10 and 20 hours, it stops acknowledging the existence of my headphones. They simply stop appearing in the list of audio outputs, no...
  7. The computer turns off after a period of two hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer turns off after a period of two hours: There is a problem that haunts me, which is that the computer shuts down after a specific period of time, which is two hours it turns off and does not even appear even the logo of turning off the computer such as a power outage from the computer suddenly, at first I thought...
  8. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  9. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

Turn off computer after hours of inactivity: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity. N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers...
  10. Debugger restarting my computer in off hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugger restarting my computer in off hours: Howdy! I apologize in advance for what may be a redundant thread. My computer just started exhibiting a weird behavior wherein Windows restarts without incident during the hours in which I am not using it. I am mostly bothered by this because it didn't use to do this....