Windows 10: Upgrade or ISO?

Discus and support Upgrade or ISO? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I see that this forum is exploding. I'm not at all a surprised. One thing that I want to ask is this. Microsoft has called it a free Upgrade since day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Really1, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Really1 Win User

Upgrade or ISO?

I see that this forum is exploding. I'm not at all a surprised. One thing that I want to ask is this. Microsoft has called it a free Upgrade since day one. Are or will they let us clean install with an ISO or are we just wishing and making assumptions? I don't know and, I am asking. Can anyone link a point that says Microsoft is going to offer us a free clean install ISO? Please link that for me. It would be a big help. One other thing...Microsoft has changed there release date to after the 29th. Not at all on the 29th. After can mean a long time. To post old information means nothing. Please stick to what is current and real and, not things we wish to be true. : )

Anyway: I hope they offer us a free clean install option. Can someone pleas link that info for me. : )

:)

Really1, Jul 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade - Lost power, computer stuck

I have tried the above steps, but my computer does nothing when I press the windows key and the X

Hp upgrade, Jul 9, 2015
  3. Maps to Computer

Thanks. That solved that. I thought you had to load up each country as you needed it.

upgrade---01, Jul 9, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Upgrade or ISO?

From what I've read there will be an option to get the ISO to do a clean install after a user has performed the upgrade. And the release date is still July 29th.

BunnyJ, Jul 9, 2015
  5. Really1 Win User
    LOL,
    Well hello there. You make me smile because you are so on top of things. I've been watching and reading what you have to say for some time. : )

Really1, Jul 9, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jul 9, 2015
  7. Really1 Win User
    I would still like to see a link that stats Microsoft will be offering a link to, or giving us the option for a clean install. I have seen nothing. It sound like we have to do the upgrade 1st then might have the option for an ISO later. Is that what you are saying? Help a dumb guy please. : )

Really1, Jul 9, 2015
  8. Really1 Win User

Upgrade or ISO?

Please understand that you will begin to see many new people installing Windows 10 for free. Any real help is very welcome. It would be very helpful or at least reassuring if any of the VIP members can post a link that states Microsoft will be offering IOS files for a free clean install rather than an upgrade.

Thanks so much,

Really1, Jul 9, 2015
  9. ixian Win User
    There's no link, no statement like that has come out of Redmond in an official capacity, nor is it likely to, the most you'll get maybe are tweets from community managers or random developers.

However creating an iso file out of the esd file that is downloaded when you do an upgrade is easy, it's all over these forums. You can do it today even, with the preview releases. ESDtoISO is the tool you want, there are links to it on the forums as well.

As for whether Microsoft will offer an official download for the iso like they do the preview release - probably, but if you want an official, stamped confirmation you might have to wait.

ixian, Jul 9, 2015
  10. Really1 Win User
    So you are saying is that I will have no problem creating an ISO file. NICE. thanks for your help. I'll look into it very closely. What would recumbent I do? Should I do the upgrade on top of a clean install then look for an official IOS down the line or should I just make an ISO from a ESD from go?

Really1, Jul 9, 2015
  11. Gabe tweeted that clean installs will be possible after you do the free upgrade. ISO's will show up somewhere. They will be uploaded to MSDN for sure and those are always leaked to the internet. I hope they do a Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 like what is there now for Windows 8.1. I will be doing the free upgrade, then see what issues I have. Then decide if I need to do a clean install or not.

alphanumeric, Jul 9, 2015
  12. Really1 Win User
    Thank You for that info. That helps me alot more than you know!
    Sorry for the misspellings in my last posts, lol

Really1, Jul 9, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Upgrade or ISO?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade or ISO?

1. Upgrade or ISO? - Similar Threads - Upgrade ISO

2. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...
  3. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...
  4. Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant: HiI try to upgrade my Win11 22H2 to 23H2. Windows update does not show availability then I downloaded ISO.When i run setup, they do not continue to upgrade.I try also via Installation assistant, but stuck at step 3 / 3 : installation. 0 %How to check error log or...
  5. Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant

Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant: HiI try to upgrade my Win11 22H2 to 23H2. Windows update does not show availability then I downloaded ISO.When i run setup, they do not continue to upgrade.I try also via Installation assistant, but stuck at step 3 / 3 : installation. 0 %How to check error log or...
  6. Am I allowed to upgrade from Win7 to Win8/8.1? I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I allowed to upgrade from Win7 to Win8/8.1? I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I...: Am I aloowed to upgrade from win7 to win8/8.1. I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I can apply it? The iso was from microsoft. Thanks* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Upgade from win7...
  7. Am I allowed to upgrade from Win7 to Win8/8.1? I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I...

Am I allowed to upgrade from Win7 to Win8/8.1? I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I...: Am I aloowed to upgrade from win7 to win8/8.1. I grabbed the iso last night but unsure if I can apply it? The iso was from microsoft. Thanks* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Upgade from win7...
  8. problem upgrading windows 10 to 11 from ISO :: 0xC1900101 - 0x40021 [SECOND_Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrading windows 10 to 11 from ISO :: 0xC1900101 - 0x40021 [SECOND_Boot...: Here is the log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l6rWNuU6aC4xNMJdlIC16dlTUQ8MsAAz/view?usp=sharingThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrading-windows-10-to-11-from-iso/67f0057f-ffd5-482b-bb4f-4121a31a03aa
  9. problem upgrading windows 10 to 11 from ISO :: 0xC1900101 - 0x40021 [SECOND_Boot...

problem upgrading windows 10 to 11 from ISO :: 0xC1900101 - 0x40021 [SECOND_Boot...: Here is the log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l6rWNuU6aC4xNMJdlIC16dlTUQ8MsAAz/view?usp=sharingThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrading-windows-10-to-11-from-iso/67f0057f-ffd5-482b-bb4f-4121a31a03aa
  10. Can I use the Windows 11 stable iso to repair upgrade from the Insider builds?

Can I use the Windows 11 stable iso to repair upgrade from the Insider builds?: I'm using the Insider builds in the Beta channel in Windows 11. So, If i wanted to move back to the stable versions without losing my data No problem if I lose my apps, can I use the repair upgrade method to go back ? I'm using the build 22621.1680 on a HP notebook 250G....