Windows 10: Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install

Discus and support Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did the upgrade on my Laptop from 8.1 to 10, went smoothly everything works so far. Now i have to decide do a reset and do a clean install since i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mn072065, Jul 30, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install

I did the upgrade on my Laptop from 8.1 to 10, went smoothly everything works so far. Now i have to decide do a reset and do a clean install since i always worry if later there will e a problem, should i safely think if no problems now that if i reformat a clean install that all drivers will be there and everything will be ok. Tomorrow i do my Alienware Aurora R4 desktop and prey it goes well. Then since i have 30 Hard Drives that i will be able to do a network share and be able to see it on my living room TV, will pray.

:)

mn072065, Jul 30, 2015

2. Reinstallation of Win 10 and Processor ASAP

Upgrade is an inferior install which will never be as good as a Clean Install.

Now that Upgrade is activated you can
    Clean Reinstall Windows 10 Upgrade
    and it will reactivate. Be sure to delete all partitions during the booted install as illustrated in the Wiki.

This should resolve your problems and give you a perfect install if you stick closely the the steps, tools and methods given.

Let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

You should do a Google search on alienware and windows 10 upgrade. Lots oof problems with the video.

As for a clean install, if everything is working well after the upgrade, why do a Clean install?

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. mn072065 Win User
    I guess i can wait a bit longer since no problems yet, i always worry about an upgrade i had always relied on a clean install.
    Thanks

mn072065, Jul 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    An Alienware Aurora R4 is based on an Intel X79 motherboard. If it's combined with an nVidia graphics card, I wouldn't expect graphics problems. (Apparently their fan speed controller software is another story, but that's not critical.) One of my PCs uses an Asus X79 board and an nVidia GTX 970 graphics card. Upgraded very nicely.

As for a clean install, it may not be necessary. However, when I was playing with the Insider previews, I found that bugs from one version sometime migrated to the next if I did an upgrade. If I did a clean install, I got a new set of bugs. (Change is good.)

The Win 10 install on my main PC is a clean install. (Restored 8.1, upgraded it, booted from a USB thumb drive, deleted the partitions, installed Win 10 as on a new HD. It activated, as advertised.) I prepared things so that I could restore my applications and files quickly. (Boot drive is an SSD. Data drive is a 3TB spinner.)

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  7. mn072065 Win User
    Thanks for the info, yes just got home, about to upgrade my Alienware(praying), hope all goes well. I hope if and when upgrade is done, im hoping my shared drives are vilible since they were not in win 8.1. I will keep you updated.

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install

If upgrading was perfect, don't be shy (rejuvenate you hard drive) clean install Win Ten.

MikeMecanic, Jul 31, 2015
  9. mn072065 Win User
    Well i did the pc reset and it has been stuck at 2% for at least 15 min, hope it goes well, now im scared.

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Upgrade your life: Clean Install 10240

MikeMecanic, Jul 31, 2015
  11. mn072065 Win User
    Well i did the pc reset and it has been stuck at 2% for at least 15 min, hope it goes well, now im scared.

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
  12. mn072065 Win User
    Don't know if i should wait a bit more, but then what do i do? Seems stuck

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
  13. mn072065 Win User

i couldnt wait, i put usb win 10 in restared pc install came up

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Are you trying to do a upgrade ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 31, 2015
  15. mn072065 Win User
    clean install going now it asked for my serial numb i hit skip i did a belarc system report i will add that i guess later, hope

mn072065, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install - Similar Threads - Upgrade Perfect Should

2. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?: I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had given me his list will see this and give it to me again. I hope it's just a simple Copy / Paste for him and that's what I'll do...
  3. Upgrade or clean install

Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  4. Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting: Some months ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro. I recently did a clean install, spent hrs setting up the system the way I wanted and then received a prompt about activation. After this I did another clean install of Windows 10 Pro N with the same result. No...
  5. Should I upgrade now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade now?: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I saw something similar here. Today I checked my upgrade window and saw that I could upgrade. I decided to upgrade later. About 10 minutes ago, I told my friends I was upgrading, and one of them said that it was horrible and nothing...
  6. Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?

Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?: Hi I have Windows 10 now, Reservation and Upgrading ran smoothly, I want to clean install now formatting HDD, Will it ask me for a product key, or will the fresh Windows 10 be activated even after formatting with no key, have anyone tried this? Thanks! 9680
  7. Clean install now?

Clean install now?: My system (W7 64) is badly in need of a clean install but I was waiting until next month to do it with W10. However, it is quickly becoming unusable so I am wondering about doing it immediately - with the preview (I already use preview W10 on my laptop). However, the FAQ...
  8. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  9. Should I transfer my Upgrade or Clean Install?

Should I transfer my Upgrade or Clean Install?: So I've been using Windows 10 for the past two weeks now. I really dig it, however the hard drive I'm on is slightly slower than my 7200rpm drive which could boot Windows 7 up a lot faster. I upgraded my Windows 7 installation to this current Windows 10 install and since...
  10. should i now clean install

should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...