Windows 10: Upgrade problems related to a hardware change

Discus and support Upgrade problems related to a hardware change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I've figured out what my upgrade problem is caused by. I stopped get new Insider Builds and could not change some settings (grayed out). This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martyfelker, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Upgrade problems related to a hardware change

I think I've figured out what my upgrade problem is caused by. I stopped get new Insider Builds and could not change some settings (grayed out). This started when I upgraded my Samsung SSD from 128GB to 256GB and then restored the Windows 10 to the 256.

There seems to be no way around this (at least I haven't seen any posted on the forum. Thanks MS *Mad

:)

martyfelker, Nov 10, 2015
  2. korngear Win User

Symbian OS 9.3

Hmmm, should consider it, may be the version upgrading firmly related with hardware changes?

korngear, Nov 10, 2015
  3. rawad1981 Win User
    Why Not able to make video calls with my 6680 phone??

I am afraid that this problem is related to hardware problem

what is most probably the problem is..?

should I change my phone...?

if the problem is related to hardware; I am not going to

buy from nokia anymore...

any advice will be appreciated..?

rawad1981, Nov 10, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Upgrade problems related to a hardware change

Do you mean this Get started button is greyed out ?
    What other settings are also greyed out ?

Upgrade problems  related to a hardware change [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Gork Win User
    Does this allow you to use Insider Builds again?

Settings > System > Apps & features and clicking “Manage optional features”, choosing “Add a feature” and selecting Insider Hub.

I retrieved this info from:
    http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...w-build-10586/

6. It did help in the sense that I removed the notifications for Insider Hub!

martyfelker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade problems related to a hardware change

1. Upgrade problems related to a hardware change - Similar Threads - Upgrade problems related

2. Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related: Hi! My laptop have been getting several blue screen crash recently Video TDR failure, nvlddmkm.sys I have performed several diagnosis and I am suspecting that my current GPU might be dying or overheating might be wrong but I am not certain how to confirm if it might be a...
  3. Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems: I did get this problem a few months back, it was gone but now it's back it's been three times like thisSome info;TUF A15 laptopWindows 11 latest drivers and allDriver: Realtek 8822ce WiFi DriverEvery morning when I open up a game, my WiFi suddenly disconnected. I checked my...
  4. Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems: I did get this problem a few months back, it was gone but now it's back it's been three times like thisSome info;TUF A15 laptopWindows 11 latest drivers and allDriver: Realtek 8822ce WiFi DriverEvery morning when I open up a game, my WiFi suddenly disconnected. I checked my...
  5. Problems Related to windows 11 upgradation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems Related to windows 11 upgradation: On the windows update panel in setting, I got an update that I can upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 but after the installation is complete it again to the starting point from where I have to start the whole downloading and installation process again. This thing is...
  6. Problems Related to windows 11 upgradation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems Related to windows 11 upgradation: On the windows update panel in setting, I got an update that I can upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 but after the installation is complete it again to the starting point from where I have to start the whole downloading and installation process again. This thing is...
  7. Problems Related to windows 11 upgradation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. problems after a hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problems after a hardware upgrade: so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me...
  9. Microsoft Surface Go driver or hardware related problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Go driver or hardware related problem: I just bought the Microsoft Surface Go and it started up fine. Surfed the web for a few days, until this morning. I could not access the internet (via WiFi) and when i troubleshot the problem I got the following message: "The Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless network...
  10. Hardware change during upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware change during upgrade: Hi Over the weekend, I carried out the free upgrade to Windows 10, followed by a clean install. This was on a laptop with the manufacturers OEM licence, and it all worked fine, with Windows 10 being activated correctly after the clean install. I plan on carrying this...