Windows 10: Upgrade Size Problem

Discus and support Upgrade Size Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried a number of times to upgrade my desktop/laptop from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro 1709, which installs with no problems. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ICHTHUS, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ICHTHUS Win User

Upgrade Size Problem

Hello, I have tried a number of times to upgrade my desktop/laptop from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro 1709, which installs with no problems. However, I notice that the disk space used under Windows 7 including my programs, is about 36gb; increases to over 50gb after I install Windows 10 and do whatever updates there are. I have also removed the many apps that I will never use, and find that it makes little difference. Windows 10 does not allow what is installed and therefore no control to the user. Why is there such a huge increase in disk use after the upgrade? When I at first upgraded to Windows 10 1703, the size remained at about 36gb, but the increase came after 1709. Is there any way to prevent 1709 being installed when doing other updates?

Thanks,
    Andy

:)

ICHTHUS, Nov 2, 2017

2. Changing font size in Windows 10 Facebook app

Regarding the small font size in Windows 10 Facebook app is to do with the Windows 10 upgrade.

I don't have any problems with font size when I download Facebook from the internet.

I didn't have the problem with small font size before upgrading to Windows 10.

I would like some help please with using the Windows 10 Facebook app and being able to increase the font size because it's too small.

peggyturner, Nov 2, 2017
  3. JenoHUN Win User
    10.0.14393.953 Issues - Text sizing, Display brightness

At
    March 22
    my Lumia 950xl
    firmware
    was
    upgraded
    to 10.0.14393.953 OS version.
    After
    that
    I
    changed
    the
    settings of text
    size. The
    size of
    tiles
    on start
    page
    also
    became
    bigger
    so I
    readjusted
    the
    previous
    size.
    Everything
    resized
    but
    the
    tiles
    remained
    bigger
    sized. I
    tried
    to
    change back a
    lot of
    times,
    tried restart,
    force restart (down
    volume and start
    button ),
    but
    the
    size of
    tiles
    not
    changed.

After
    the upgrade
    problems
    appeared
    with
    the
    brightness of
    the display
    also.
    Somtimes
    the
    brightness
    decreasing
    even in
    sun
    light and
    the display
    becomes
    unreadeble.

Please
    help!

JenoHUN, Nov 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Upgrade Size Problem

Hi, Have a look for Windows.old. That is there to support reversion: it is automatically deleted after 10 days. It's about the size of your Windows folder. If you really want to delete it manually see the relevant tutorial.

It really isn't worth bothering to remove default universal apps you don't want or use simply for space.
    If you're referring to updates, you can, even with Home, set updates to Notify.
    (Winaero Tweaker (free) or see the tutorial here on enable-disable updates and search for Notify).
    If you have Pro you can use the group policy editor.
    Granted, Win 10's default handling is a poor choice.

The tutorials also give other ways of controlling certain updates if necessary.

Also make use of Active Hours in Settings to limit restarts.

dalchina, Nov 2, 2017
  5. ICHTHUS Win User
    thanks very much

ICHTHUS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade Size Problem

1. Upgrade Size Problem - Similar Threads - Upgrade Size Problem

2. Font size problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size problem: I have reduced eyesight.It is difficult to read the system time from the taskbar It is readable in this support question. The time is very difficult to read at 5AM.What can I do?...
  3. Font size problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size problem: I have reduced eyesight.It is difficult to read the system time from the taskbar It is readable in this support question. The time is very difficult to read at 5AM.What can I do?...
  4. Problem with the size of a document of Wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the size of a document of Wordpad: Hello.I have experienced an issue with Wordpad. The file I created with just two images in it from my photo-camera is very big of size. It is about 90 mb, although two photos together is only 2 mb.Here it is on the hostingI couldn't send it by email and had created a new file...
  5. Problem with the size of a document of Wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the size of a document of Wordpad: Hello.I have experienced an issue with Wordpad. The file I created with just two images in it from my photo-camera is very big of size. It is about 90 mb, although two photos together is only 2 mb.Here it is on the hostingI couldn't send it by email and had created a new file...
  6. Screen size problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen size problem: I turned my computer on for the first time in months and the screen was stretched so things were running off the edge. I updated all drivers; apps; and system updates, made sure all of my settings were on recommended, and went into display settings and there is no resizing...
  7. Folder Size Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Size Problem: Hi, everyone. I have a quick question. I want the files inside the folder to appear large, but each time I enter the folders the icons are still small. How do I make the entire folders and other icons large by default? Thank you. *Sick 111670
  8. Window size problem!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window size problem!!: Do anyone have a clue have to fix this? the text does not fit inside the program window. half of the text is gone. I have allready tried windows 10 scaling, screen settings and compability settings. nothing works.*Eek*Mad [img] [img] 72487
  9. Upgrade Ram with diferrent size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Ram with diferrent size: Before upgrade ram i have Samsung OEM installed by default M471A1K43BB1-CRC 2x8GB And I installed extra ram on my laptop with Samsung M471A2K43BB1-CRC 1x16GB please get information and help. will there be a problem? whether if installed will run smoothly? 97534
  10. Display size problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Display size problem: Sorry. Not quite sure which section to put the question in. I've been using Windows 10 for about a month, having upgraded from Windows 7, and suddenly the display of all items and windows has gone 'very large'. App windows fill the screen, Firefox window is only 75% or...