Windows 10: Upgrade then revert - How many times is it allowed?

Discus and support Upgrade then revert - How many times is it allowed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have already upgraded to WIN10 from WIN7 on my experimental desktop and then reverted back using the built in facility. Can you do this more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AjayK47, Aug 3, 2015.

1. AjayK47 Win User

Upgrade then revert - How many times is it allowed?

I have already upgraded to WIN10 from WIN7 on my experimental desktop and then reverted back using the built in facility. Can you do this more than once if you keep on wanting to give it a go to see if bugs have been fixed or is this eventually going to cause issues with the licence?

:)

AjayK47, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Sandyd2 Win User

How many times I can upgrade

Ok thanks.

Sandyd2, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Sandyd2 Win User
    How many times I can upgrade

Due to some compatibility problems I can switch back to Windows 8.1 soon, but if I later want to upgrade again to Windows 10 for free is it possible?

and how many times I can revert back and upgrade?

Sandyd2, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

As many times as you want. Once you completed one upgrade and activation Windows 10 is yours, just as if you purchased it.
    You can also do Clean Installs rather than upgrades if you want.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. If you did the Reservation thing, you updated from files that were previously downloaded so that you perform the update without hitting the MS servers for 3+GB of file downloads.

That means those same files are going to be there whenever you try the update again. There's no reason to suspect why MS would download newer versions of those files to your PC.

If you want to try updates in the future, hoping that MS has fixed this mess, you would do better downloading an ISO file from them. But, unless they periodically update their ISO files, you're still going to be doing the update with the same files you used the first time.

Mark Phelps, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I sure hope they update their ISO files after the first update pack is released. I'm hoping they will fix a lot of the upgrade problems then.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade then revert - How many times is it allowed? - Similar Threads - Upgrade revert many

2. How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?: I keep trying to block all of the "discover interests" and all of the sources in the "news and interests" feed because I literally only want the weather in there, and I've gotten to the point where whenever I block something new, one of the previously blocked "interests" ends...
  3. How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?: I keep trying to block all of the "discover interests" and all of the sources in the "news and interests" feed because I literally only want the weather in there, and I've gotten to the point where whenever I block something new, one of the previously blocked "interests" ends...
  4. How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Revert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Revert: How Do I Revert Back To The Old Among Us https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert/c511f458-00dc-40d0-948c-e552fabc9647
  6. How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?: How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? E.g.Currently this happens:5pm I allow 1 hour extra screen time. My child doesn't go back on the laptop until 5:30pm. At 6pm screen time runs out. He has only actually been given an extra 30...
  7. Win 10 will not upgrade to version 1903 no matter how many times updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 will not upgrade to version 1903 no matter how many times updating and restarting: TL;DR Win 10 version 1803 will not upgrade to Win 10 version 1903 after many attempts and trying a few fixes. For many months, at midnight, my computer tells me it must restart to install updates. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. If I wait until morning, it asks me in the morning...
  8. How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?: I have an original license key for Windows 7 Ultimate, but have upgraded my hardware a couple of times now. I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of times you can transfer a license key to a new set of hardware, as I've upgraded my machine a couple of times...
  9. Time Allowance Tracking

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Allowance Tracking: Hello, I've seen on many parental controls, that tells the user of the account how much of their time they have used and how much they have left. How do I get that to work with the Windows parental controls? I have a Windows 10 Pro. I want the kids that are under parental...
  10. inquiry on how many times to backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    inquiry on how many times to backup: for now, I have backup plan to backup daily, Monday through Friday. or should I go with a monthly backup plan?*Tongue 65990