Windows 10: Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, Upgraded my Windows machine to 10 last week. I didn't want to take any chances so I did a totally clean install. I haven't made any tweaks... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bbdude, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Bbdude Win User

Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow

Hi All,

Upgraded my Windows machine to 10 last week. I didn't want to take any chances so I did a totally clean install. I haven't made any tweaks or installed any programs. My laptop is an ASUS dual core AMD with 4GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive.

When I use Microsoft Edge it takes 3 seconds to open the browser and then when I type a website address it takes 7 seconds to fully load. I installed Chrome and while it's faster, it's not by much.

I have another laptop running Windows 7 on the same network. It opens websites almost instantly. It does have better hardware - Intel i7, quad core, 8gb of ram, 500gb ssd. However, web browsing isn't a resource intensive activity so I would suspect hardware differences would not have a material impact.

Thoughts on what might be the issue?

:)

Bbdude, Dec 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade - any means that the device can slow down?

Original title: Windows 10 upgrade

Will the windows 10 upgrade affect the performance of my device like games, multimedia and browsing? Is there any means that the device can slow down when it will be updated?

Joshua GabrielNatad, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Slow web browsing after windows 10 upgrade

Hello Deepanjan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I appreciate if you could answer the below question to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. After upgrading to Windows 10, did you update all the drivers?

2. Which browser are you using?

Let’s follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:
    Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter.

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

a) Open Control Panel.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press
    “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on
    “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on “Internet Connections”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on
    “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager.

• Now click on Network adaptor to Expand.

• Right click on Wi-Fi device driver and
      update the driver.
    If you are using Microsoft edge, you can also clear browsing data on edge and check if that helps.

In Microsoft Edge, go to More Actions (…) > Settings, and under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear, and then select the check box (es) for the information you want to clear.

Disclaimer: When you clear browsing data, all the Auto fill data, Browsing history, User credentials, Bookmarks, etc., related to Microsoft Edge will be lost.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 12, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Find out if there is any significant difference if you use IE11 instead.
    IE11 is hidden by Microsoft at > All apps > scroll down to W > open Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer is listed there.
    Edge is, by default, your default browser. If you find IE11 is better suited to your preference, you can switch default to IE11.

davidhk, Dec 12, 2015
  5. Bbdude Win User
    Thanks for the swift response. It's even worse with IE. It uses almost 70 percent of my cpu while on a page idle. Over 10 seconds to load a page.

This is a clean install. I don't get it.

Bbdude, Dec 12, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I assume that your Win 10 is activated ?

Troubleshooting suggestion : It may ne help solving, but no harm trying.
    Run a system file check to look for corrupt files.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Dec 12, 2015
  7. Bbdude Win User
    It found no integrity violations.

Bbdude, Dec 12, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Speculation only.....................
    Perhaps it is related to the Asus and not Windows issue ?
    Have you tried to ask the same question at one of the Asus support forums ?
    People using the same model as yours may have a better "inside track" of the situation.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow - Similar Threads - Upgrade Browsing Slow

2. Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s: My DNS name resolution when visiting websites is very slow average 11 s.Typically this happens with web searching and links to unvisited sites. But I also suffer when I access a webapp like microsoft's outlook.office.com.The interface is quick and responsive, but the data...
  3. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...
  4. Slow browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow browsing: I have Windows 19 Pro Version 1903. Bowsing is extremely slow an all common browsers. When I scan my C-Disc I get results like this:[ATTACH] or like this:[ATTACH] When I start a repair program which corrects the errors, I have normal browsing speed for some time. But after...
  5. Windows 10 : Slow browsing with Chrome or FireFox but not Edge. Why??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 : Slow browsing with Chrome or FireFox but not Edge. Why??: I have a really weird problem. Since a few days, when browsing with Chrome it has been slow hell. The websites are taking way too long to initialize the loading. I can't even do the Google Speed Test. It says "The test can't be completed due to a problem with the network....
  6. Slow browsing since install of 18965

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Slow browsing since install of 18965: All browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave, are "as slow as molasses going uphill on a cold day." I have tried all browsers singularly (at great pains installing & removing them) so one would not drag the other down. A few minutes ago I rebooted the computer, opened...
  7. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  8. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  9. Internet browsing slow

Internet browsing slow: Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same...
  10. Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.: Hi all, I have just upgraded my PC to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. I had thought it had gone surprisingly well! However, I have found an odd problem. I was trying to use tumblr. However, Chrome, and Firefox cannot render the login screen correctly. The text entry box...