Windows 10: Upgrade to new drive

Discus and support Upgrade to new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 8.1 on a small hard drive, I am wondering can I upgrade my current installation to windows 10 on a larger hard drive and how would I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Auskart, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Upgrade to new drive

I have Windows 8.1 on a small hard drive, I am wondering can I upgrade my current installation to windows 10 on a larger hard drive and how would I do it.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

:)

Auskart, Jan 1, 2016

2. mail app

Mail app has completely disappeared form task bar and start key

new to computersRS, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Cant find Windows hello

Your answer is not helpful. I am like everyone below. I simply can't see the option in my settings and I have a webcam.

new to Win8, Jan 1, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Upgrade to new drive

Either

1) Simply clean install windows 10 and activate using 8.1 licence. Here yiu nedd to reinstall all programs.

2) if you want to keep all programs and data, clone small drive to large drive using Macrium Reflect Free or similar, and then upgrade to windows 10.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Upgrade to new drive

1. Upgrade to new drive - Similar Threads - Upgrade drive

2. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  3. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  4. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  6. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  7. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?: I have a rig that's slowly grown over the last few years that I'd like to get a fresh start on. It started with a 2nd gen I7 and GTX660 with 7200RPM HDD, and ahs incrementally carried me across a motherboard swap to a proper gaming rig, now an AMD R7 5800x, RTX 3070, and...
  8. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?: I have a rig that's slowly grown over the last few years that I'd like to get a fresh start on. It started with a 2nd gen I7 and GTX660 with 7200RPM HDD, and ahs incrementally carried me across a motherboard swap to a proper gaming rig, now an AMD R7 5800x, RTX 3070, and...
  9. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...: Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive failure and need to load Windows 10 again. I do not have a product key. How do I obtain one? I need to download a fresh version of Windows 10. I will need to know where to get a copy and...