Windows 10: Upgrade to Pro Freezing

Discus and support Upgrade to Pro Freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I previously had Windows 10 installed on my system, but I recently did a clean installation on a new SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250GB). Every other update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by superspartan, May 12, 2016.

1. Upgrade to Pro Freezing

I previously had Windows 10 installed on my system, but I recently did a clean installation on a new SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250GB). Every other update works, but as soon as I restart my desktop to do the 'Upgrade to Pro' it always freezes at 25%. I tried to let it run all night but it never moved past 25%. I really need help because I can't install any other crucial updates until then. Any ideas? Thanks for looking!

:)

superspartan, May 12, 2016

2. Edge Freezes, then Windows 10 freezes. Can I remove the upgrade?

IE 11 and Edge freeze on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. Chrome does not. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

gary breeden, May 12, 2016
  3. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

Dear Zigzag3143,

I have installed almost same programs on both the computers (32 bit laptop and 64 bit desktop). The programs show no conflict (freezing) with windows 7 professional (64 bit) on the same desktop but, windows 10 pro freezes randomly with the same programs.

Interestingly, checking system before installing the upgrade to Windows 10 pro approves the system for installing the upgrade. So, there seems to be no problem with the desktop hardware for windows 10 pro.

VivekVerma_959, May 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Upgrade to Pro Freezing

Hello superspartan,

I have a question for clarification. When you did the clean installation was it to a previous version of Windows? I am wondering why you did not clean install directly to Windows 10 Pro?

philc43, May 12, 2016
  5. No, it was the full version of Windows 10 Pro from a disk to the brand new SSD, in the updates it has 'Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro' and it has to do the whole upgrade process separate. Every other computer I did this on did not have this problem.

superspartan, May 12, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The computer has a Windows 8 or 10 product key stored in bios that is for Windows home. A clean install of Windows 10 is detecting that product key and actually installing Home version first. Windows 10 install files contain both Home and Pro and setup first picks which version it detects a product key for from bios.

You can verify this by running Showkey from this forum and it will show you the product key stored in bios and which version of Windows it is for:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, May 12, 2016
  7. You did not indicate the edition (Home, Pro, ... ) - Since you mentioned upgrade to Pro, I'll guees that it was Home (as NavyLCDR stated).

Try this:

• Upgrade to Pro Freezing [​IMG]
      Note Important
      This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.[/quote]

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

• After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start
      Upgrade to Pro Freezing [​IMG]
      button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.

• Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.

• Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro
    . The key is the key!
    if you have a Win7 Ultimate, Win7 Professional, Win8 Pro, Win8 Pro Pack, Win8.1 Pro, or Win8.1 Pro Pack
    product key

Slartybart, May 12, 2016
  8. Upgrade to Pro Freezing

Unfortunately none of those turned out to be the problem, the problem was that I had installed office on the computer before the 'Upgrade to pro' did it's thing. When installing Windows 10 cleanly, all of the updates must go on before any other software.

superspartan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade to Pro Freezing

1. Upgrade to Pro Freezing - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro Freezing

2. Upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to pro: According to what I have read I have paid MS £83.33 for nothing only to have it installed on my old Sony Vaio laptop which lost its hard drive to a virus and now I can't have it installed on my new laptop.? You lot are getting as bad as Apple for charging....
  3. upgrading to pro

upgrading to pro: hello there,....i like to upgrade to pro from home edition. will my computer be formatted when switching ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-pro/d584709a-2b8f-43b8-859f-0d3a01158cf9
  4. Pro Upgrade

Pro Upgrade: This happened once. HDD died with Pro upgrade installed. Is there an easier way to get Pro back besides calling MS ? I now have Pro on 3 machines this way and will be adding number 4 ? Or a different way to get Pro for $99 ? 152847
  5. Upgrade to pro

Upgrade to pro: If I upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro, will my apps and settings be affected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-pro/954d7372-09b7-4910-bc65-a6f43b2e5f2b
  6. Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pro Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro this summer. Another issue occurred with my computer this month and it was reset. When it came back online it had defaulted to Windows 10 Home again. Any advice on how to get Pro back? I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft store as a...
  7. upgrade to pro

upgrade to pro: using windows 10 with digital licence. can I upgrade to pro ver. asking serial thanks for reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-pro/577f001e-a841-440e-b804-da2f785a5c38"
  8. upgrade to pro

upgrade to pro: will i retain my license of win 10 home if i upgrade to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/upgrade-to-pro/b2ea4231-43bc-44b5-a230-2516fd63044d
  9. Upgrade to pro?

Upgrade to pro?: I have windows 10565 Pro When I update will it update to pro or home? I apologise if this is a silly question but I really don't have a clue 28995
  10. Upgrading to Pro

Upgrading to Pro: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tchWin10_en_US