Windows 10: Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working

Discus and support Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Recently finished upgrade of Win 10 Home Tablet to Version 1511 and Screen rotation no longer works. I have checked Device Manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by solpuerto, Dec 25, 2015.

1. solpuerto Win User

Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working

Hi All

Recently finished upgrade of Win 10 Home Tablet to Version 1511 and Screen rotation no longer works. I have checked Device Manager and everything is indicating OK with exception of Other Devices and that indicates there is an Unknown Device and no driver installed.
    I do not think this has anything to do with the problem as I understand the Display adapter controls the rotation. I have checked the Display section in Control Panel and no mention of screen being locked or for that matter unlocked.
    The Tablet manufacturer is Connect and the Display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics with Driver dated 17/08/2015 and Version 10.18.10.4276. This is same as my laptop and it works OK.

Appreciate any assistance

:)

solpuerto, Dec 25, 2015

2. General thread: screen rotation not working and missing in Windows 10 on certain devices

My wife's Linx1010b tablet came with Windows 10 pre-installed and the screen rotation worked perfectly.

Now running Windows 10 Home version updated to 1511 OS Build 10586.104 and screen rotation no longer works - the 'Lock rotation on this display' button is set to 'On' and greyed out...

Have even tried editing the Registry (the Autorotation key was set to 'off') - resetting this has had no effect.

Have noticed that the Intel Display drivers were updated on the 26th Feb and suspect this may have something to do with it.

No joy with the sensor fix mentioned in this forum.

stevequinn, Dec 25, 2015
  3. louis_823 Win User
    Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hi,

I'm having issue with my Surface Book.

Since I upgraded to Windows 1511, the "lock auto screen rotation" option is missing.

How can I configure the Surface for the screen to rotate automatically?

Thanks in advance!

louis_823, Dec 25, 2015
  4. cereberus Win User

This is a common problem ie you are missing the rotation sensor driver. Go to tablet website and see if you can download driver.

cereberus, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Whatphoeb Win User
    Switch your device to tablet mode, and restart it, after the restart, check if the auto rotation is working again.

Whatphoeb, Dec 26, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The display adapter does not control the rotation. There is a sensor that detects the orientation of the tablet. For example, my Nextbook Flexx 10 tablet uses a Kionix G-sensor. You need to find the driver for the g-sensor your tablet uses and that is probably the driver that is missing in device manager.

You should have saved an image of the original OS that was on the tablet and you should be able to load the driver from the Windows directory of the saved image of the original OS. If there is a Windows.old folder, you might be able to get the driver from there as well.

NavyLCDR, Dec 26, 2015
  7. solpuerto Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR

Many thanks for response.

Obviously my assumption about what controlled the screen rotation was wrong, should have accepted that Device Manager knew better than me.

Within the Windows folder under Driver Store - FileRepository is an acc_sensordriver.inf etc. and this matches up with that in the Win.old folder but it is obviously not being picked up in Device Manager. It shows under Other Devices, Unknown device. When I try to update this driver I get the obvious answer "unable to install your unknown device".

In my working HP 2 in 1 there is an item in Device Manager called Sensors and that is active with a Bosch driver. I have little knowledge of how to proceed from here to get the acc_sensor driver to work.

Any help appreciated,

solpuerto, Dec 26, 2015
  8. solpuerto Win User

Thank you for comments but I have tried that and no change

solpuerto, Dec 26, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try this:
    Open device manager
    Right click on the very top entry with the name of the tablet/computer
    Select Add legacy hardware
    Next
    Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, next
    Show all devices, next
    Have disk
    Browse to your .inf file that you think is the right one

You're on your own from there because I don't have any hardware to install Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working :). If I remember correctly when I upgraded my Nextbook Flexx 10 tablet to Windows 10, the rotation sensor did not show up at all in device manager until I manually installed it that way.

NavyLCDR, Dec 26, 2015
  10. solpuerto Win User
    NavyLCDR

Many thanks for your help again.

I followed what you suggested and though it created an item for Sensors I was not able to get the driver installed.

I then had a look on Youtube and found a Video where the person had had the same problem as me and equally had no provision on the Display settings to lock/unlock rotation. the had an HP Tablet. So I decided to follow the instructions (Kionix Sensor Fusion Device) and I now have the provision to lock/unlock rotation and the screen does rotate, only problem now is the portrait position is upside down.

So now I have to investigate that.

Your help much appreciated

solpuerto, Dec 27, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Kionix fusion is the same sensor my Nextbook Flexx 10 uses. I had a heck of a time getting it to work properly. Try the post at the top of page 2 here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...9a27518?page=2

It starts with, "Everything you need for the Nextbook 10.1 can be found on my site. the sensor.7z file contains a registry file which will, after reboot, fix the orientation sensor."

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2015
  12. solpuerto Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR

Seems this is a very common problem?

I downloaded the file you suggested and to confirm it is "kxaccel-1.0.13.20-win8-x86.exe."?

I ran the file and did a restart but nothing has changed. The reference to "after reboot" I find confusing and it is used several times on the Microsoft site, am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks again

solpuerto, Dec 27, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

There should be a reg file that applies a change in the registry to correct the orientation. I believe from the link in that thread that you download it as a 7zip file and extract the reg file. I'll have to look on my tablet when I get a chance.

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2015
  14. solpuerto Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR

I have extracted the 7Z file and within it there is a help file as follows.

**This is the driver for the Knoxi Brand G-sensor.

For example, it is G-sensor for the QW1012 10.1inch Tablet PC.
    Step by step:
    1) Install “kxaccel-1.0.13.20-win8-x86” firstly, after installed successfully, restart the Tablet PC.
    2) After the Tablet PC was restarted, double click “kionix_sensor_orientation” to enroll it into the regedit. Restart the Tablet PC.

No confusion about Reboot.
    You will see that this driver is an older one than the one I previously downloaded and it gave me rotation but the portrait mode was upside down.
    I followed the instructions before I new it was an older version but it did not automaticaly change the driver. When I ran the regedit file I got an error message that it could not be installed.
    I have now installed the older driver and it turns the orientaion through 90 degrees i.e. landscape is portrait, portrait is landscape. Ran the regedit file still ger error message.
    I have now rolled back to the newer driver "1.0.29.5", at least that gives me landscape in the right place but only portrait upside down.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Dec 29, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Version 1511, Screen Rotation no longer working - Similar Threads - Upgrade Version 1511

2. Screen rotation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen rotation not working: Windows updated and now if the screen rotation is not locked my laptop automatic turns to portrait mode even when it is still sitting as a normal laptop, this was not an issue previously and the screen would adjust as needed according to how I held it. Please help me fix...
  3. Screen rotation not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen rotation not working: Windows updated and now if the screen rotation is not locked my laptop automatic turns to portrait mode even when it is still sitting as a normal laptop, this was not an issue previously and the screen would adjust as needed according to how I held it. Please help me fix...
  4. windows update not working (version 1511)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update not working (version 1511): I am trying to update, but when it gets to installing update it gets stuck at 13% and after awhile it shows error code 0x800705b4. I have a HP Convertible x360 with an Intel Celeron CPU...
  5. how to turn on rotation lock (version 1511)

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn on rotation lock (version 1511): I want to lock the screen in landscape mode but I cant change the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-rotation-lock-version-1511/b862fb62-5931-4e66-91a5-0728c0b88589
  6. How to upgrade windows version 1511 to version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to upgrade windows version 1511 to version 1607: Right now I'm using windows 10 version 1511 , then I have to install windows update KB3199986 , the bad thing is that I have to upgrade my windows version to 1607 enable to have to install KB3199986? How can I upgrade my windows 10 version 1511 to 1607?? or can I install...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 will not download and install. However the updater keeps telling me it is ready for installation, then is decides on it's own to restart any damn time it wants to. For a while, I had control over this. Then, like a dummy, I...
  8. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...
  9. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1511

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1511: Right now I'm suffering issues on Windows 10 after upgrading to version 1511 The issues include: Performance issues - my laptop is suffering lag and hangs randomly (this had never happened before version 1511) Longer boot - It would take 30 seconds or longer to boot,...
  10. Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?: I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort. An HP support person told me that it is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kionex 1.0.13.20 driver

2. surface screen rotation no longer works

3. sensor.7z

4. Sensor.7Z file,
  5. upgrade to windows screen rotation,
  6. kionix sensor fusion device offline driver pack