Windows 10: Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool.

Discus and support Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everyone. One of my PC's is installed with Win7. It is used as a Desktop/Server with Drive Bender installed with a pool of 3- 2TB drives. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam600sx, Oct 10, 2015.

1. sam600sx Win User

Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool.

Hey everyone. One of my PC's is installed with Win7. It is used as a Desktop/Server with Drive Bender installed with a pool of 3- 2TB drives. I was wondering if anyone has attempted an upgrade with this kind of setup, and what I can expect?

:)

sam600sx, Oct 10, 2015
  2. TedSch Win User

Windows 10 Update hangs at 32% (Installing Drivers and Features 6%) No progress even after 36 hours

Hi,

While I think that there are several reasons for an installation hang up, I have solved this problem for 2 upgrade cycles. I have both a C-drive (SSD) and a D-drive that is an array of 6 disks, "just a bunch of disks", managed by Drive Bender. If I remove
    the data cables to the drives, the update works. After the upgrade, I reconnect the drives.

From my searching, I know disconnecting drives works for others. I am not sure why MS hasn't picked up on this problem and solved it. It has cost me several days since Windows 10 came out.

TedSch, Oct 10, 2015
  3. tshoag85 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD- KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when transferring files

That could be a problem since covefs.sys is for my Stablebit drive pooling software. Without the drive pooling software, I can't copy to the drive pool. I will check with CoveCube to see if they have a remedy yet. How do I upgrade the old drivers? I have
    DriverToolkit and it says all my drivers are up-to-date.

tshoag85, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I've not heard of anyone using that setup then upgrading. Try it but make sure you create an image backup of the current boot disk before you do. That way you can always restore back to where you are right now if necessary.

From what I can find via Google Drive Bender works with 10 but it's not officially supported there yet.

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 Drive

2. After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...: Rebooted, no help, no sign of formerly good drive appearing in either diskpart with subsequent 'list disk', and, no trace of it in 'disk management'...As this drive is in a 5.25" Icy Dock bay, shutdown, tested another 2.5" SATA in dock, no issues. Shutdown, reinserted WD...
  3. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  4. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  5. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Missing Drives After Win10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Drives After Win10 Upgrade: I finally upgraded to Win10 Home 64bit (1904) from Win7 Home 64bit due to lack of Win7 support in new games. At the same time I upgraded from Intel 3930K/X79 to 10700K/Z450. I put off upgrading for a long time, but the X79 was getting long in the tooth and I wanted access to...
  7. Upgrading win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  8. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  9. Win10 - Storage Pool Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 - Storage Pool Error: [ATTACH] I just got the problem, that I can't copy any new files to my HDD (which is set up as a storage pool). My disk has still over 4.8 TB free space and it shows the Error that the HDD has no space left. It also creats the Event ID 23 "Volsnap". I checkt my Storage...
  10. BSOD - After Win10 upgrade - Bad Pool Header (0x19)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - After Win10 upgrade - Bad Pool Header (0x19): Hi all, Upgraded a stable Win7 laptop to windows 10 and started getting Bad Pool Header BSODs. Some I cleared ( It used to happen immediately when connecting the network cable) After reading the forums and looking into dump files (excellent tutorials...) I am not much...